Thread: Kessler 4X4

Kessler 4X4

Wanted to get out for a big day last week. The plan was to climb Kessler four times and ski the four main lines off the peak by working our way from the East Couloir to God's Lawnmower, then Argenta and finishing into Mineral Fork with the West Couloir. .

Full trip report HERE

Johnny's only sin was dispair

Awesome TR and impressive day of touring, congrats

Every good tour on Kessler ends with a plate of nachos bigger than your head at Porcupine, with a couple pitchers to wash it all down.

Did you conform to this requisite?

Went with the Lone Star shrimp burrito (1/2). The day was a bit of an experiment with food/energy for big projects. So we were well fueled throughout and not starving at the end.

Sport Legs are a miracle by the way! An outing like that used to lay me out for a day or two. With using them I wasn't even sore the next day and put in a 1/2 day at the area.

Quote Originally Posted by nohow View Post
    Sport Legs are a miracle by the way!
    They are a good product. You have to take them before you start working for max effect, but they work.

Awesome job, btw.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nohow View Post

Sport Legs are a miracle by the way! An outing like that used to lay me out for a day or two. With using them I wasn't even sore the next day and put in a 1/2 day at the area.

Your body in shorts and a t-shirt makes 10,000IU of Vit D in 15-20 minutes of sun exposure in the summer. Sunscreen on your face lessens your ability to make VIT D3, so does latitude, winter, etc. In the summer, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, taking VIT D3 is not needed. It's a fat soluble vitamin as well, so taking it throughout the day is probably unnecessary.

There have been some studies linking Vit D3 supplementation to exercise tolerance, and North Americans in winter are often times quite deficient. Vit D from diet is a joke, as most of it has limited bio-availability because it comes from the poorly utilized D2 source.

Blah, blah, blah. I take 2,000, sometimes more VIT D3 in winter, less or none in the summer. It's easy to get your VIT D3 levels checked at home with a simple blood test. There are large variances in responses to VIT D3 supplementation. Bi-annual blood tests remove the guessing, if you care.

you're a beast

You guys use telemark gear anymore?? Wasn't that your thing?

Just kidding. Dabbled with the darkside myself last winter and it was surprisingly good.

Sick tour!!!
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

You guys use telemark gear anymore?? Wasn't that your thing?
    Still prefer my tele gear. AT (ass turn) gear is fun to play around on when we want to go far. Getting old I guess.