Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Reviving this thread--how much of a shit show is Elk on Presidents' Day weekend compared to other NE PA or Catskills resorts? Imagine all will be a shit show this weekend given the recent snow. Hoping the woods haven't been tracked out by tomorrow.

I've only been to Elk once and I agree its the best resort in that area of PA. I discovered a very nice tree run for PA. Main lift from the lodge to skiers right run labeled 6 on that map. At top of run look for patrol shack on left and duck in there. Somewhat cleared woods run. Slow slow lifts...you can never get tired here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emmet Brown View Post
    Reviving this thread--how much of a shit show is Elk on Presidents' Day weekend compared to other NE PA or Catskills resorts? Imagine all will be a shit show this weekend given the recent snow. Hoping the woods haven't been tracked out by tomorrow.
    I skied Elk a bunch as a kid and agree that it's the best mountain in Eastern PA so I'll toss in my opinion- It will be less of a shit show then Camelback, JF/BB, etc. in Eastern PA because it's not part of the normal Pocono Mountain resorts. It takes a little more effort to get there, it's doesn't have any water parks, base area hotels, etc. and it's not as close to any of the larger urban areas in that region.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

^^^Werd X2