Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Hey Dan, where'd you get that photo? Those look like my old G3 Tickets that I had O1s on. (And never broke.) Those skis were pretty fun with the asymmetrical sidecut.

I never broke a tele binding, but Hammerheads on V-Exs--that I'm pretty sure I got from pb--broke me.
    "you can't handle the V-Ex!"
    New it was HHs but never realized it was the V-Exs; bad juju. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    "you can't handle the V-Ex!"
    New it was HHs but never realized it was the V-Exs; bad juju. Sorry
    They were awesome skis! Not your fault.

One of them is a shotski in my basement now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I ❤️this thread

My niece's husband is going to start tele skiing as they just came back east after a couple yrs in Utah. I'm hoping my wife's old boots will fit my niece. They fit my wife's foot perfectly and then pregnancy made her foot grow a half size...pregnancy is so freakin crazy! Anyway, old school steeze points if they fit

My first few days on tele were using asolo extreme plus. Those look to be in great shape!

Why would you do that to the poor guy, js?

would you send him out in alpine boots that look like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639846700.931196.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	397245

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    My first few days on tele were using asolo extreme plus. Those look to be in great shape!
    They are in great shape. She barely used them and only skied powder days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Why would you do that to the poor guy, js?

would you send him out in alpine boots that look like this?

Name:	Image1639846700.931196.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	397245
    It's a women's boot, but plastic boots suck man. Tele lost its soul when those hit the scene. Plastic is essentially cheating. It's the ebike of tele turns. Loose and free ftw

Telemark skiing is dead.

Shells size 8. If I remember, that’s a Uk sizing. $25. Grass valley restore. Mild use/wear

Name:	IMG_7195.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1,019.1 KB 
ID:	397338
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 12-19-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    They are in great shape. She barely used them and only skied powder days. It's a women's boot, but plastic boots suck man. Tele lost its soul when those hit the scene. Plastic is essentially cheating. It's the ebike of tele turns. Loose and free ftw
    If cheating is wrong, I don't wanna be right. Leather boots were medieval. Still are.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    If cheating is wrong, I don't wanna be right. Leather boots were medieval. Still are.
    The days of moleskin application before every outing plus the cold wet feet during spring skiing. Yah, miss those days like the plague. Now it is Scott Synergy at the resort and T2X for the cross-country.

Although I'm certainly not giving up my plastic tele boots, I still use my leathers several times a season. Those Asolo Extreme Plus boots were awesome back in the day, especially coming from well-worn Snowpines.

Name:	IMG_1431b_sm.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	771.0 KB 
ID:	397610

Tele lost its soul when those hit the scene. Plastic is essentially cheating. It's the ebike of tele turns. Loose and free ftw
    Tell me of your love of rim brakes, 3x gearing, tubed tires, etc when you mountain bike.

I still rock a pair of second hand extremes I picked up in 1991, nothing has ever fit (my feet) as well. Meadow skipping in ankle deep fluff or low angle corn is a joy in them. But for steeps, crud bashing and hard snow the leather stays and the plastic plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

My niece's husband is going to start tele skiing as they just came back east after a couple yrs in Utah. I'm hoping my wife's old boots will fit my niece. They fit my wife's foot perfectly and then pregnancy made her foot grow a half size...pregnancy is so freakin crazy! Anyway, old school steeze points if they fit
    serz, what a dumb idea. Are you intentionally trying to harm this person? That's just ridiculous. IMHO, given the state of things, there's NO REASON to put those boots on someone's feet, much less try skiing with them...and fwiw I've skied with leather and pins on some karhus - the setup skied like absolute dog shit!

If you want someone to learn to tele, buy the best shit you can afford and go tele! Putting someone on those old school leather boots and a pin setup is pretty much signing them up to get injured.

Good luck and maybe report back when your niece is looking for reading material from the couch this winter.

Pretty much agree w) ^^^ that dude.
    Tele'n is badass but why handicap yourself more than you have to.
    I learned on Scarpa Expresso's and Riva's. They absolutely sucked compared to my TRace HH/Axl setups(wasn't a fan of NTN @ the time).

I had the alico double boots and i got junior asolo extremes to start Tele but yeah these boots sucked

I used ductape on the heels, if you round the corners, put it on dry feet with NO wrinkles it would stay on all weekend

but then you would have ductape glue on your bed sheets
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If anyone has a line on some cheap tech toes, send a PM as I'm looking to put together a TTS system.

If anyone has a line on some cheap tech toes, send a PM as I'm looking to put together a TTS system.
    commercial source so posting, not PMing: https://skimo.co/dynafit-binding-toes -

they claim to have many Dynafit toepieces in stock, in the $80-$90 per piece range.

dunno if that's "cheap" but it seems easy if no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by ts01 View Post
    commercial source so posting, not PMing: https://skimo.co/dynafit-binding-toes -

they claim to have many Dynafit toepieces in stock, in the $80-$90 per piece range.

dunno if that's "cheap" but it seems easy if no other options.
    I've bought a few toes off of skimo, most recently a set of G3 zeds. Never an issue with the transaction. If you are going with dynafit toes with TTS, beware the ramp angle and purchase the shims (B&D)if you need them. My speed turn 2 had far too much ramp for me.
    Also, beware their screw kits for inserts. The zed12 screws they sent are 2mm too short IMO. Not crying too much, the screws were only $6.

Wax day.

Name:	65E0F453-F906-40B9-9D0A-1FF5FAF25F2D.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	575.2 KB 
ID:	397788

A blast from the past. XCD GTs, leather boots and matching Team Canada jackets. Awesome:

"... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Tell me of your love of rim brakes, 3x gearing, tubed tires, etc when you mountain bike.
    Well yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    I still rock a pair of second hand extremes I picked up in 1991, nothing has ever fit (my feet) as well. Meadow skipping in ankle deep fluff or low angle corn is a joy in them. But for steeps, crud bashing and hard snow the leather stays and the plastic plays.
    Nice, sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    A blast from the past. XCD GTs, leather boots and matching Team Canada jackets. Awesome:
    That was indeed awesome -- thanks for posting.

my T4 Targa Voile rig is the shit

for that reason
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    serz, what a dumb idea. Are you intentionally trying to harm this person? That's just ridiculous. IMHO, given the state of things, there's NO REASON to put those boots on someone's feet, much less try skiing with them...and fwiw I've skied with leather and pins on some karhus - the setup skied like absolute dog shit!

If you want someone to learn to tele, buy the best shit you can afford and go tele! Putting someone on those old school leather boots and a pin setup is pretty much signing them up to get injured.

Good luck and maybe report back when your niece is looking for reading material from the couch this winter.
    Just because you absolutely suck, doesn't mean everyone else does. Take a lap mo-mo.