Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Or, if you want wider, rossi bc 120 is 90 underfoot and can be found pretty cheap IME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

If you can't find the Madshus Annum used or new (old stock), look for the updated model, the Panorama M78.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I need a wide fish scale ski that is 75 underfoot
    Tele AF.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Or, if you want wider, rossi bc 120 is 90 underfoot and can be found pretty cheap IME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2 for Rossignol BC125. Cheap and effective. And super light.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Tele AF.
    Ha!
    Uno mas

Anyone had time on the Lynx, Outlaw X, and Bishop BMF-R/-3? I'm on Lynx and BMF-R right now, and find myself skiing the Lynx setup inbounds more than expected. That might be due to the skis--Meridian Tours are more fun for low-speed messing around than Governors--but I'm curious about Outlaws now. I have inserts in all my skis, so I could swap Outlaws onto the Meridian Tours, or drill two more holes in my Governors for them to be Outlaw-compatible. Also, I only have one pair of boots (Tx Pros), and the difference in binding ramp + fairly weak rearward flex of the boots means getting backseat on the Governor/BMF setup is punishing.

Questions:
    - do Outlaws/Outlaw Xs have similar flex characteristics to Lynx or BMF?
    - do Outlaws have the same ramp as Lynxes?
    - should I get some Tx Comps while I'm gear puzzling?

Alternatively, someone else could buy the small Outlaw X and 26.0 Tx Comps here and save me some money:
    https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...433343644.html
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Anyone had time on the Lynx, Outlaw X, and Bishop BMF-R/-3? I'm on Lynx and BMF-R right now, and find myself skiing the Lynx setup inbounds more than expected. That might be due to the skis--Meridian Tours are more fun for low-speed messing around than Governors--but I'm curious about Outlaws now. I have inserts in all my skis, so I could swap Outlaws onto the Meridian Tours, or drill two more holes in my Governors for them to be Outlaw-compatible. Also, I only have one pair of boots (Tx Pros), and the difference in binding ramp + fairly weak rearward flex of the boots means getting backseat on the Governor/BMF setup is punishing.

Questions:
    - do Outlaws/Outlaw Xs have similar flex characteristics to Lynx or BMF?
    - do Outlaws have the same ramp as Lynxes?
    - should I get some Tx Comps while I'm gear puzzling?

Alternatively, someone else could buy the small Outlaw X and 26.0 Tx Comps here and save me some money:
    https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...433343644.html
    Following...
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Those (small) tx comps are cheap! I am really enjoying my tx comps.

Yeah, get thee to a TX Comp. And the BMF vs Outlaw ..... Outlaw is smoother and more forgiving than the BMF (which I hated), can't say on the Lynx.

Telemark skiing is dead.

Love my BMFs. About 15 days so far on them this season. Haven’t been on Outlaws - I transitioned from Vice/Axl and the BMFs are a lot different. Way more control, but don’t quite feel like a tele binding if that makes sense. Also I upgraded from candy cane T-Races to TX-Comps and I miss my old boots. Comps aren’t burly enough and the wider last just doesn’t work for me…

I can speak only about Outlaws and Lynx. I was on Outlaws for about 2 seasons, and during that second season began also skiing Lynx and did exactly what you're contemplating -- used inserts and rotated between BC days and resort days. I like the Lynx better and became confident enough with them inbounds, so I sold the Outlaws last year (though just last week I pre-released out of one of my toes while chattering down groomers at speed, so I'll now lock the toes on hardpack days).

I didn't measure the ramp angle, but I'm pretty sure they're the same or very, very similar. I spent a couple of years fiddle-fucking with TTS bindings and ramp angles, so I think I'm somewhat sensitive to that.

As for flex characteristics, I think you can get them pretty damn close. Outlaws come with two yellow springs, inner and outer, and you can buy a red outer spring that's stiffer. So, you can go two yellow, single red, or red and yellow. Plus, you have 5 different preload options. Lynx has less variability (moving the slic pin among the three options creates very, very slight differences in resistance, though others have said they can notice in more than I can), but that will change slightly soon when they offer softer flex plates. Regardless, if you stiffen the Outlaws a bit either through preload and/or stiffy springs, they'll match the Lynx. The biggest difference, IMO, is that Lynx engages immediately and and is consistently stiff. Outlaw engages a little later and the resistance feels more progressive.

There's a dude here who has been skiing Outlaws and just bought the BMFs, but he's skied on them only one day. He said they're very similar but he wanted to tighten the tension on the BMFs to get them closer to the Outlaws.

In the end, I don't think you can go wrong and I'd say, fuck it, get them all, ski them all, give us a better review than mine, and then sell any you don't like. For resort skiing, I'd probably go with Outlaws or BMFs, though I think Lynx can handle that too. I'm probably just lazy and never really enjoyed having to take a few runs to adjust to different gear, T Races to T2s or Outlaws to Lynxes.

Just did a quick look at Rottefella's 2022-23 product catalogue on issuu and they do not show either the Freeride or the Freedom pictured. Not sure if this means that they are stopping production; but they were shown in the 2021-22 catalogue. I do find this hard to believe however, when Scarpa shows Telemark boots in their 2022-23 catalogue...

If this is true, I might have to pick up a backup pair.

Maybe telemark really is dead?
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    Maybe telemark really is dead?
    Only if it is pronounced as such by the Mighty MN Teleswede!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Only if it is pronounced as such by the Mighty MN Teleswede!!

Spent the weekend at Breck- saw 3 skiers on telemark the whole weekend.

Peak 6, Imperial Chair , T Bar and hike only areas offer some fun terrain that I didn't think existed at Breck. Now back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I have some garmont synergy 26.5 on consignment in North Conway, NH. Almost brand new but 10 years old.
    I have been using 3 pins and leathers for skiing around the back yard. I need new wax less skis my Fischer s bounds 112 just delaminated. I need a wide fish scale ski that is 75 underfoot so the bindings don’t overhang. Voile is the only ones I can find but can’t justify the $600 price to wife. What else is there
    I have some Fischer S-bound 125, in 165cm length. Mounted with 3 pin rotefella super telemark bindings with removable cables. They're in superb condition. I bought these and some older S-bound 98 for the wife, she prefers the skinny ones. I'll sell them for what I bought them, $400 + shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    Just did a quick look at Rottefella's 2022-23 product catalogue on issuu and they do not show either the Freeride or the Freedom pictured.

If this is true, I might have to pick up a backup pair.
    I recently snagged an extra pair of Freerides just cuz. More for the event that I break my only pair but now that I read your discovery of the omission....maybe a great idea.

But...I don't see Freerides in the 2021 Nordic catalog either. Which catalog are you looking at ? Do they have a separate alpine version?

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    But...I don't see Freerides in the 2021 Nordic catalog either. Which catalog are you looking at ? Do they have a separate alpine version?
    Page 37 (no seriously)

https://issuu.com/rottefella/docs/ka...1-2022_-_issue

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Whoops...I had this one opened: https://issuu.com/inasport/docs/prod...22_xc-langrenn

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Page 37 (no seriously)
    Lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Lol
    you guys lost me. i hate this feeling.

Hasn’t scarpa been sold out of rotte ntn bindings all season? Who else distributes them in the us?

ski-wpk, you might want to try the other ntn bindings. The ntn boot/bindings are supposed to work together as a system, more so than the 75mm boots.

Available at many retailers- telemarkdown, etc. Guessing that inventory went to distributors who placed orders first

Posted my last remaining tele pieces on gs. It's over.

My boys are almost my foot size.
    They WILL learn tele. Just like they will learn standard transmissions.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    My boys are almost my foot size.
    They WILL learn tele. Just like they will learn standard transmissions.
    and how to back up a trailer. And how to compile source code from linux command line. and how to beat off with nothing more than the Sears catalog lingerie pages.