Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Not dead.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8774.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	395322
    If you’re gonna show off the quiver, you should include the grom 3 pins as well. I hope that your kids are enjoying them.

I’ve see two other skiers on Meidjos this season. Growth sector!

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    If you’re gonna show off the quiver, you should include the grom 3 pins as well. I hope that your kids are enjoying them.
    My oldest is 8. Just getting her settled on alpine for the season then we’ll shift to 3-pin. Pics pending!

Still kicking in the east, too. 75mm norm alive and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Telemark skiing is dead.

Name:	63461889898__1DF2D5B4-1ED6-43D9-8A13-8537A2150454.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	395658

Still some telemark set ups kicking around in these parts too!
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post

Name:	63461889898__1DF2D5B4-1ED6-43D9-8A13-8537A2150454.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	395658

Still some telemark set ups kicking around in these parts too!
    Dungeons are lonely places. But wow.

Tough act to follow! But I'll give it a try:

Name:  2021-12-07 quiverpic.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  211.4 KB

My absolute favorite is missing from the lineup: a beatup pair of Rossi Bandit 160's with 7tm Powers, currently with a friend's 13 y/o son who wanted to try tele one day last February. He has them on loan until he grows out or buys his own gear, though they might briefly return to my basement for a binding swap to PowerTours. The kid is hooked and is having more fun than the rest of his friends at our little hill.

So I'd say NOT DEAD YET, and likely to outlive me.

Love the quivers! I just transitioned to NTN with a BMF/R and TX Comp combo and all I can say is wow. Power transfer and edge control is incredible. Feels like an entirely different sport.

Love the quivers! I just transitioned to NTN with a BMF/R and TX Comp combo and all I can say is wow. Power transfer and edge control is incredible. Feels like an entirely different sport.
    How quick is it to switch bindings over? I plan to switch to ntn once the scarpa unicorn boots materializes but not sure what to do for clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    How quick is it to switch bindings over? I plan to switch to ntn once the scarpa unicorn boots materializes but not sure what to do for clamps.
    I’m sure by 2028 when Scarpa updates the TX boot line, a new “standard” mounting pattern will be in place.

In the meantime, I’d say go with the 22D pattern with QKs so you can choose is you like standard toes (Outlaw) or pin-tech (Lynx).

I love my Meidjos (v1.2, v2.0, & v2.1) but 13 holes is really a little absurd.

All 22D bindings share the same hole pattern, so if you're on them now, and as long as the holes in your skis are good (and they probably are), it's just a matter of unscrewing your Axl/Vice/Hammerhead, and screwing in the Lynx/Outlaw. The Lynx certainly has a little bit of assembly required after mounting the toe base, but you can fully assemble the binding without mounting it if you want to try out the process.

If you are going 22D to Bishop, you will need to drill at least two new holes for the toe, and probably new holes for the heel. The BMF bindings use the same mount pattern as 22D, but with all the holes moved back 28mm. That means you can re-use the back four holes of the 22D toe pattern, drill two new rear toe holes, and mount the binding swap plate directly to that (and then mount the binding to the swap plate with machine screws). The Bishop heel is mounted at the same location relative to the toe pattern regardless of boot size, so you will probably need to drill new heel holes. If you have a size 26.0 boot, your existing 22D heel holes will either work perfectly (hooray!) or be slightly off (oh no!), but otherwise you're probably drilling new holes.

If you are coming from non-22D bindings, or plan on mounting Meidjos/Rottes/TTS, plan on drilling some new holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    In the meantime, I’d say go with the 22D pattern with QKs so you can choose is you like standard toes (Outlaw) or pin-tech (Lynx).
    Yeah QKs/BF inserts add some time to the mount but are nice for a lot of reasons. If you are remounting old holes in paulownia or other soft-core skis, inserts will probably be a lot stronger than reusing the old threads. Also if you go with a Lynx, adjusting the spring tension is a lot easier if you've mounted with inserts and can take the whole binding off.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Not dead.

Name:	IMG_8774.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	395322
    Laps, since you were replying to ski-wpk talking about his Bishop BMF/R binding setup, I'll respond about switching the Bishop bindings with switch plates on different skis like ski-wpk has in his photo.

It only takes a few minutes to switch bindings to other skis with the Bishop switch plates -- there are only four screws per binding switch plate. If you need to change brake sizes too, then add a couple more minutes, as there are two more screws per binding.

Also, note that the Bishop bindings are not really NTN, as they connect to the back of the heel rather than the duckbutt; it's kinda like saying TTS is NTN just because you're using NTN boots. I'm not dissing the Bishop or TTS systems, as I actually prefer their feel to NTN.

Telemark skiing is dead.

Since it started snowing, i pulled the boards up from the cave today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639080098.176969.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	395975
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1240 copy.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	395973  

Telemark skiing is dead.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Andy M, you nailed it. The bishop plates look interesting and I was wondering about that. It also seems that 22d is the hot new shit….although Peruvian loves his meidjos.

1st world problems I guess.

Anyway, I still love making tele turns and this thread is bringing the stoke, even just with quiver pics. Heres a Peruvian snap of me from last year, let’s see what everyone else has.

Telemark skiing is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by andy m View Post
    Laps, since you were replying to ski-wpk talking about his Bishop BMF/R binding setup, I'll respond about switching the Bishop bindings with switch plates on different skis like ski-wpk has in his photo.

It only takes a few minutes to switch bindings to other skis with the Bishop switch plates -- there are only four screws per binding switch plate. If you need to change brake sizes too, then add a couple more minutes, as there are two more screws per binding.

Also, note that the Bishop bindings are not really NTN, as they connect to the back of the heel rather than the duckbutt; it's kinda like saying TTS is NTN just because you're using NTN boots. I'm not dissing the Bishop or TTS systems, as I actually prefer their feel to NTN.
    I was on 22D for years (Axl and Vice) and was bummed to leave the brand, but wanted a bomber (no pun intended) binding with true step in. Bishops are as close to an alpine step-in as telemark will likely ever get. And are compatible with both 75mm and NTN which is awesome if you love your duckbills.

For touring bindings though, the /R’s feel reeeally heavy.

Dodging sharks during low tide this November. Tele quiver is currently T2's and two different flavors of Voile fish scales w/ 3pin cables or 3 pins.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I’m getting back into Tele after a 20+ year hiatus and looking for Hammerheads or Vices if anyone is making the switch to NTN.

From Town Meeting day a few years back.

Name:	Image1639234193.766104.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	497.7 KB 
ID:	396200

Quiver is waxed and sharped. One resort and two golf course forays so far. Now if we can get back to proper cold and none of this golf weather I'll be happy.

Name:	IMG_1097.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	373.5 KB 
ID:	396207

reincarnation. waist deep
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4204.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	396218  

That looks awesome!

Goggles on the forehead, is there more to this story?

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    Dodging sharks during low tide this November. Tele quiver is currently T2's and two different flavors of Voile fish scales w/ 3pin cables or 3 pins.
    This is how I tele now, pins and some T3x. T3s with a T2 tongue and voile power strap.

What Voile are you on? I’m looking for a nice all around meadow skipping fish scale ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Telemark skiing is dead.

Name:	Image1639247204.508441.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	396228

I took these woodsman 108 182cm out for the first time in powder- 20” Alta yesterday. They skied great in virtually all conditions. Handle the crud no problem, predictable and VERY QUICK to turn in soft sporadic bumps and crud and floated nicely through the powder. if anything they are a bit too short for me at 180lbs. They ski very similarly to my Ripstick 106 180 cm. Gonna hold onto these and the Ripstick for a while to see which I prefer. Also will keep my eye out for a longer ON3P.

Cheers