Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    gunit130 Guest

Telemark skiing is dead.

It's not looking good folks.

Plus, you've got this:

Seriously, it's dying... and dying FAST.

Damn NTN!!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Tele does not equal an excuse to suck at skiing.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

It really is amazing how many of my friends (that I've always respect as ripping tele-ers) have dropped the free heel like it was a new plague. ?! I guess that AT gear has finally totally shut down the whole "tele vs. alpine" argument.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    ^^^+1^^^ Handy excuse no longer!!!!!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Tom Wallisch has killed telemark skiing.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Big deal. Tanner Hall was dead long before telemarking.
    [quote][//quote]

yeah, but telemark snowblading is gonna be HUGE!

^no dude. it's all about the teleboard. i hear teleboarders get tons of pussy
    crab in my shoe mouth

The one thing alpiners never seem to get....telemark turning is more fun.
    For me, it comes down to that.

My acid drenched brain won't allow me to make alpine turns.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Two years ago a good friend told me to fuck off when I said he should try AT gear or alpine in bounds. He bought his Dynafits last year and called me last week to see what alpine bindings would be a good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    It's not looking good folks.

Plus, you've got this:

Seriously, it's dying... and dying FAST.
    THANKS FOR ANOTHER WORTHLESS THREAD YOU FUCKING LOSER.

KILL YOURSELF.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Yep, telemarking has definitely taken a weird turn. The original reason I started was to have the ability to tour away from the ropes and not have to worry about my alpine wreckers. It seems that telemark gear has gotten heavier and AT has gotten incredibly lighter than ever.

When I started tele'ing it was kind of the opposite. I've gone to locking them down on occassion and still letting them free on occassion, but if I want to charge inbounds I'm definitely locking them down, if I'm skiing with Mrs. Mtnjam I usually free them.

BTW, if you want to loose some holiday weight I would not suggest doing it by knocking your front teeth out
    Last edited by mtnjam; 01-07-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post

KILL YOURSELF.
    ^^^^^^^ You're a classic ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    haha.. problem is, teleboards squash yer nutz, blow out your knees, so if you get tons or punanni, you can't do nothing about it.

my buddy jon rides on one of these, and he actually does get some..

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Yep, telemarking has definitely taken a weird turn. The original reason I started was to have the ability to tour away from the ropes and not have to worry about my alpine wreckers. It seems that telemark gear has gotten heavier and AT has gotten incredibly lighter than ever.

When I started tele'ing it was kind of the opposite. I've gone to locking them down on occassion and still letting them free on occassion, but if I want to charge inbounds I'm definitely locking them down, if I'm skiing with Mrs. Mtnjam I usually free them.
    agreed on the weird turn thing, but i'd still rather have a heavier duty binding like my HH's out back so I dont' have to worry about the things failing on me. A little extra weight is worth the hassle. Better training too..

There is so much incorrect use of terminology in this thread, it's time for some esoteric OreO eating technique.

This dude is CORE

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

KILL YOURSELF.
    ^This.

Nice to see JS back in form.

gunit130 Guest

KILL YOURSELF.
    Your hate only encourages me. Keep it up brah.

gunit130 Guest
    It is true that AT gear is becoming more durable, lighter and less expensive = demise of the tele?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    I enjoy watching people who couldn't ski alpine to save their life doing tele-wedge poodle turns down the greens, mostly women.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    This just looks stoopid.

so long as scraggly bearded hippies move to mountain towns in their early 20's, there will always be telemark skiing.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    It is true that AT gear is becoming more durable, lighter and less expensive = demise of the tele?
    I can't see it being any help at all. A couple years ago I went Dynafit (keeping my tele gear for resort skiing). The reason was to do with the lightness factor and reliability. I was replacing G3 toe plates, climbing wires, and other parts on a regular basis. Last week I toured with a guy who had the G3 Ascents and I recall him cursing quite a bit. He iced up and couldn't switch from ascent mode to ski mode twice, then his climbing heal broke. 3 other guys on Dynafit that day had no probs aside from the occasional autorotate.

Back to the point though. I steered clear of buying new tele gear because I wasn't impressed with the technological progression of the gear. I also feel that things need to be sorted out between NTN and the traditional system, ie there needs to be only one system (such a small market cannot handle this kind of dilution). Once the dust settles I'll reinvest in tele but until then and or at least a vast improvement in either system I am out... I doubt I'm the only one with this line of thinking. But this kind of thinking might end up being the demise of tele, if nobody buys the shit they'll never develop a better system, or improve what we have. Call me a nerd but I still love to tele.