Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    If anyone is holding a Tx Comp boot 27.5 or 28.0 that you’re not skiing in, I’d buy them from you.

Not in that size (sorry) but I've got 29.0 first gen ("acid" aka baby shit yellow) comps that need to find a home - only charge the cost of shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Website!!?!? Gonna check this out
    You can also call or email them, I've gotten parts from them that weren't available on their website.

They added to their website after I called asking about a buckle. jmedslc if you PM your email I’ll forward my email thread with Scarpa. Or you can just buy these if I don’t end up needing them. I’ll know tomorrow:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9121.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	407380

Name:	IMG_9122.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	407381

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Not in that size (sorry) but I've got 29.0 first gen ("acid" aka baby shit yellow) comps that need to find a home - only charge the cost of shipping.
    Pm sent! Want to try larger boot
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

https://www.wildsnow.com/

re: the 75MM boot, the product has gone "sunset" as we used ta say but say it isnt so ?

all is not lost cuz wildsnow is reporting a birkenstock with the 75mm toe
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.wildsnow.com/

re: the 75MM boot, the product has gone "sunset" as we used ta say but say it isnt so ?

all is not lost cuz wildsnow is reporting a birkenstock with the 75mm toe
    heh heh. Holding out til they release a 75mm fuzzy lined Croc

I've made the switch to 22D and I hope they arrive before the freedom convoy locks up the highways. Selling the Rottes.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ates-and-heels

I'm staying with my lifetime buys. Not to tele. Stem Christies for the win. No, I won't sell you my smiley plates. Size 10 1/2-11 boot with binding maybe.

Name:	3pinboots.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	729.9 KB 
ID:	407461
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

thats a lot of boots ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Been skiing my 75mm quiver (ener-g's) for the past many days. (It looks like my full transition won't happen until next season ) Stepped into my tx comps and could hardly get the boot to flex for a hot minute. And then it clicked.... O yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Woot!!

Jason - check your PMs re upgrading liners.

Jason - check your PMs re upgrading liners.
    Hmmm... no pm

Edit I see it now. Replied. Your assumption is correct about liner preference
    Last edited by jhyatt; 02-28-2022 at 08:50 AM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    I've made the switch to 22D and I hope they arrive before the freedom convoy locks up the highways. Selling the Rottes.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ates-and-heels
    Did you really sell a 12 year old freeride for two fiddy? Holy shit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I was impressed by that as well, but have little to no experience with those bindings and mounting plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I was impressed by that as well, but have little to no experience with those bindings and mounting plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have experience selling them, but I have experience using them (and watching my friends mount them for me); they are still in use on my early season/groomer skis. By that generation, they had fixed most of the serious breakage issues, though the orange frame still did break on some people. And they ski pretty well, especially when railing alpine turns. But I'd prefer taking that $250 and adding it to a couple of more hundos and buy a more modern NTN binding. Like one that isn't, I don't know, a dozen years old?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ok, so I’ve cheaply re-acquired the components to resurrect my long dormant Tele desires… Like everyone else, I used to be good but that was 20 years ago with Merrill SuperComps and 205 GS Skis with Riva cable bindings. I’ve picked up Garmont Ener-G’s and Hammerheads... but which ski to mount? 180 Rossi Experience 94 (nice stiffness and a 17m radius) or a 184 2nd gen full camber Mantra? Open to recommendations from the Gallery. East coast groomers to start.

Edit: Also are we still finding the balance point of the ski and putting the 3pin line there to mount or what?! Can you tell it’s been a while since I Curtsied?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A389C14-E113-449A-8425-962807A2A5F8.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	407725  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Ok, so I’ve cheaply re-acquired the components to resurrect my long dormant Tele desires… Like everyone else, I used to be good but that was 20 years ago with Merrill SuperComps and 205 GS Skis with Riva cable bindings. I’ve picked up Garmont Ener-G’s and Hammerheads... but which ski to mount? 180 Rossi Experience 94 (nice stiffness and a 17m radius) or a 184 2nd gen full camber Mantra? Open to recommendations from the Gallery. East coast groomers to start.
    Mantra look cooler in lift line.
    Go nuts and put threaded inserts in both.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Unless the skis are mostly for nordorking, I would mount alpine with boot centre on or near the rec line. Mounting the ‘pins’ on the balance point is too far fwd IME.

Pretend there are no pins and mount 1cm forward. And definitely mantras.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

We’ve been over this. Any tele mount with modern gear and tele stance should not take into account any bullshit regarding pin line. This statement has been true for 20 yrs or so.

As BCMH says, focus on ABC. and scoot back 1 cm if desired. I tele on that Rossi and a similar Mantra. Later today I can tell you where my BC is relative to factory line.

The Rossi is a groomer ripper, super fun but not the versatile all Mtn Mantra that west coast conditions fit. Since you mentioned east Coast groomers, the Rossi (which is actually 92 underfoot as I recall) is the obvious choice.

The 94Ti is a sleeper ski. Plenty of metal, damp, reasonably stiff, doesn’t suck like a Soul 7
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Boots center on the manufacturers line (just like alpine). For inbounds, pick the red ones!

These are packed out and old and were very cheap.
    They say 28...
    The BD Push was notorious for having a smaller liner than the shell. Happened to me and didn't figure it out til I went up a shell size, elf-punched the toe of the shell, and then still lost a toenail. Cut gills in the toe of the liner and now they're perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    The BD Push was notorious for having a smaller liner than the shell. Happened to me and didn't figure it out til I went up a shell size, elf-punched the toe of the shell, and then still lost a toenail. Cut gills in the toe of the liner and now they're perfect.
    What's an elf-punch? What santa does to underperforming associates?
    But thanks I did not know the Push was known for having a smaller liner.
    The liner is very nice with the BOA lace system.
    Push comes to shove (pun intended) I will mess with the toe area, some gill cutting
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Haha. Punching the big toe straight out —kinda makes it look like an elf shoe. Cutting the gills made a HUGE difference.

Agreed on the boa. Really nice feature. Wish more companies would add boa to their liners.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.