Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    and how to back up a trailer. And how to compile source code from linux command line. and how to beat off with nothing more than the Sears catalog lingerie pages.
    You lost me after the trailer.

That they will learn. Life skills.

I’ve had employees that never had a license. Didn’t want to get one for a five dollar raise. Kids today suck. I’d rather hire a dirty stinky tele hippy.
    . . .

my oldest son, a skilled telemark skier, was on Sugarbush's Instagram yesterday....... not skiing tele ��♂️��

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    my oldest son, a skilled telemark skier, was on Sugarbush's Instagram yesterday....... not skiing tele ��♂️��

Red jacket person? Take offense with this post, but your son and the two females and the photographer were low key attempting to block the trail so they could get “optimal” pics for the insta. This might have been the lamest photo shoot I’ve seen.

anyone tried or have thoughts about the Atomic Vantage 97-107 as a telemark ski? Would mostly be on groomers or mellow powder/corn. I have never tele'ed a modern ski, so not sure what rocker/camber works best.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    anyone tried or have thoughts about the Atomic Vantage 97-107 as a telemark ski? Would mostly be on groomers or mellow powder/corn. I have never tele'ed a modern ski, so not sure what rocker/camber works best.
    I’ve only demoed them but they had a really hollow feel/sound to them. I know that sounds odd but I don’t know how else to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Red jacket person?
    Nope. The previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Modern rocker patterns kinda suck for a daily inbounds rig IMO. Minimal rocker up front, a decent amount of camber, and some heft to the ski will do you right. I remounted my 2006 Gotamas (coming from a ski with more rocker) to compliment my VMTs and pow skis and couldn't be happier. If I had to replace I think I'd be looking at Bishop or Summit Cone instead of something built for the alpine genpop.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Hmm, learn something new, MMP is speedfreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Red jacket person? Take offense with this post, but your son and the two females and the photographer were low key attempting to block the trail so they could get “optimal” pics for the insta. This might have been the lamest photo shoot I’ve seen.
    you gonna be ok?

Think you could tell the difference skiing between hammerheads and AXL? Everything else the same. Because I thought AXL and vice replaced HH as an upgrade?

I have both, sort of new to tele, and wondering if I should replace the HH. They are on different skis and I can only tour with the AXL setup. The HH are on a ski more suited to groomers. I had originally thought to put inserts in the skis and swap the AXL back and forth but that seems like a pain in the ass.

I am just skiing the HH but want to make sure that's not what is keeping from being a tele-god. That was a joke in case you were about to keyboard cowboy up my butt.

I am new to tele and really enjoying it on days when the woods are not skiable. Makes lapping groomers fun again. I actually get tired, savor the run, have to stop during a run. You know the drill. Full respect to those tele skiers that just rip!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Breathing some life into tele….first ntn set up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But do they have fish scales?

I <heart> hot tele-moms

You run what you brung when in doubt get low and keep pressure on that little t

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Think you could tell the difference skiing between hammerheads and AXL? Everything else the same. Because I thought AXL and vice replaced HH as an upgrade?

I have both, sort of new to tele, and wondering if I should replace the HH. They are on different skis and I can only tour with the AXL setup. The HH are on a ski more suited to groomers. I had originally thought to put inserts in the skis and swap the AXL back and forth but that seems like a pain in the ass.

I am just skiing the HH but want to make sure that's not what is keeping from being a tele-god. That was a joke in case you were about to keyboard cowboy up my butt.

I am new to tele and really enjoying it on days when the woods are not skiable. Makes lapping groomers fun again. I actually get tired, savor the run, have to stop during a run. You know the drill. Full respect to those tele skiers that just rip!

HH is great. Mainly because you can change the pivots and the pressure.

Want soft
    Want stiff
    It’s there.

I tele as an early season thigh burn. It’s great. Mediocre groomers are fun again. And you feel the Bern.

My preference is high tension and not so low.
    Others like soft and deep.
    It’s All preference
    . . .

Part time tele-hack here. Started dabbling years ago used/beat Scarpa T1 w Voile mountaineer on Marquette BC and has been a shallow slippery slope to riding lifts on Targas mounted to Salomon Gun (90ish underfoot) and now tele every Wed night with a bunch of older guys and one teenager. They're mostly on Meidjo's, but can't bring myself to lay out the cash for something so silly. Fun and my 8 y/o on alpine gear can ski as fast as the adults so she loves Tele-Wednesdays.

[/blog]
    Last edited by VTskibum; 01-21-2022 at 03:10 PM.

But do they have fish scales?

Nope. I glforgot how fast you can go on a ski with out them, lots of fun!

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I’d switch to 22designs, every binding has the same hole pattern. Slap some inserts in and upgrade bindings whenever you want, worst case you’ll move the boot center back 2 or 3 cm behind duckbill with an upgrade to duckbutt.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    you gonna be ok?
    I am, are you?

2-3cm is a lot to me.

Noob question, how difficult is it to drill for inserts? I use paper jigs and eyeball appropriate drill bit angle to the top sheet.

I have both, sort of new to tele, and wondering if I should replace the HH. They are on different skis and I can only tour with the AXL setup. The HH are on a ski more suited to groomers. I had originally thought to put inserts in the skis and swap the AXL back and forth but that seems like a pain in the ass. And Axl is an upgrade in that it has a touring mode. How the old pintoured without one may explain why they're

I don't think you could tell the difference between HHs and Axl/Vice unless you're skiing the HHs in position 1 or 2. It's been a while, but I recall that Axl/Vice's most neutral position is about HH's 3rd position.

Swapping HHs or Axl's back and forth is a pain in the ass. For Axl, it takes too much time with the slick pin and those rubber pads. Axl is an upgrade in that it has a free pivot touring mode and perhaps less parts to deal with. The range of options for activity on the HH has no rival.

If you swap out from Axl to any of 22D's other bindings, NTN included, you'll be only 7mm behind the boot center line.

Installing inserts is not hard. You are wise to be anal and be careful so that you're precise. I probably have installed over 500 inserts over the last 7-8 years, generally consider myself inept, don't use a drill press, and yet have had probably only 5 of those inserts cause me headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    2-3cm is a lot to me.

Noob question, how difficult is it to drill for inserts? I use paper jigs and eyeball appropriate drill bit angle to the top sheet.
    Sorry, 2-3 is probably off, I just remember 2 from duckbill to NTN, at one point 22designs had specks on where the point moved.

Insert wise, if you can drill a normal binding you can drill inserts, I don’t free hand (but you could), I use a drill press.

Thanks all. I always figured there was more margin for slop/error drilling for binding screws versus inserts.

I use a guide block and a bit collar for my inserts. Paper templates. My record is't as great as others above, maybe a poor insert for every 3rd set of mounts, so maybe 1 out of 50? A bit of JB weld, re-drill and tap, and Bob's your uncle (but so far my f-ups have been on skis with some metal). Tolerance a bit tighter than screws though, maybe 1mm vs 2mm for screws; just install binding without torquing down the screws to set the epoxy is key. Worth the stress IMO, especially with my TTS spring block.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Nope. I glforgot how fast you can go on a ski with out them, lots of fun!
    Sure, we can make jokes about fish scales, but only a true tele-er would notice the now-extinct original Terminator TXs lurking in this photo.

cheers,
    john (I loved those boots)

Telemark skiing is dead.

Scored those from teledad, they seem like a great replacement for my t2s. So far so good.

Last edited by Laps; 01-22-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
    Sure, we can make jokes about fish scales, but only a true tele-er would notice the now-extinct original Terminator TXs lurking in this photo.

cheers,
    john (I loved those boots)
    I like the 22Designs jig, I may have to butter up to laps and borrow it if I ever need to mount new skis.

Got to roll out with my 2022 Elan Ripstick 88's and 2020 Ripstick 96 Black Ed's yesterday, both mounted with Outlaws. Couldn't be happier with the quiver this year! I run 180's on my Alpine sticks, and 188cm on my Teles.
    Gravity. It's the law.