Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    You guys get on the rooftops and preach the gospel.
    you must have me confused with someone else, lol.

And for a guy claiming that the rippers just rip and don't talk about it, you're sure doing a lot of shit talking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hey just so we are clear, I know plenty of tele guys and gals who ski quite damn well and don't talk about how tele is the only true way - my brother and Danno among them. I just know enough tele faithful that it's makes it fun to tease all the freeheelers.

I mean, if we can't give each other flack, why are we even talking?

Nah, no nerves touched. I love skiing tele, love sharing the tele stoke with others and shit talking. I do hope our paths cross. I got stickers to share!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I mean, if we can't give each other flack, why are we even talking?
    Does blah, blah, blah really count as talking?

is there a misery stick somewhere in this thread?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    is there a misery stick somewhere in this thread?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1615573550.481403.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	259.4 KB 
ID:	367015

you must have me confused with someone else, lol.

And for a guy claiming that the rippers just rip and don't talk about it, you're sure doing a lot of shit talking.
    I said rippers just rip. Never said I was a ripper.

so the shitty tele skiers preach the gospel and/or talk shit about other shitty tele skiers?

I tho i had exhasted all the jokes but I just came up with

telemark skiing is the C-1 of WW paddling
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

More like squirt boating than C-1ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I tho i had exhasted all the jokes but I just came up with

telemark skiing is the C-1 of WW paddling

so the shitty tele skiers preach the gospel and/or talk shit about other shitty tele skiers?

I reserve the right to talk shit on a ski forum about people talking shit regardless of skill or the gear they use to get down a hill.

Really, it's all just skiing. Hell, you've got more than one poster talking about how great tele gear is because they've figured out how to ski with their heels down. What a world we live in...

Hope to make some tele turns with you someday. Merely commenting that you want manufacturers to keep manufacturing but you don't support growing the sport yet we're chatting in a thread titled "Telemark skiing is dead". There's a hint of irony there. Personally, I hope my NTNs don't break again because I'm at the point of not caring if I buy or don't buy tele gear anymore. My TX Pros are my most comfortable ski boots too.

One of the buds was also a world class C-1 paddler had to train for worlds with class 4 kayakers cuz it was so hard that no local one-bladers could paddle at that level but not so hard in a kayak, the one blade jokes were much like the telemark jokes, eventualy buddy quit competing & went 2 blade cuz it was so much easier

I never paddled squirt but I think of squirt as just another dimension ?

The telemark industry has never really improved on the performance of the Asolo Extreme Pro boots and Chouinard cable bindings.

Name:  asolo-extreme-pro-leather-cross_1_98d1c61b3de1ae643c57216d310e83e6.jpg
Views: 2361
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  s-l400.jpg
Views: 2332
Size:  24.3 KB

I think that was my first teleski setup (rental gear). Bindings might have been Riva2 though.

I'm feeling you XXX-er. I used to run IVs with a C-1 guy. When we stepped up to Vs, he found a second blade and sat on his ass in the boat. Pretty cool to watch him do his thing though. Kind of like watching a ripping tele skier rip. I have seen a C-1 guy run Vs. I've also seen some tele folks on some pretty gnar stuff. Those folks are few and far between though. I do cringe watching bad tele skiers. More work and less fun. I hope they find their turn someday. Or sell their used gear when they give up. Watching bad C-1ers wasn't much fun. Looked like every other swimmer in the river.

Merely commenting that you want manufacturers to keep manufacturing but you don't support growing the sport yet we're chatting in a thread titled "Telemark skiing is dead". There's a hint of irony there. Personally, I hope my NTNs don't break again because I'm at the point of not caring if I buy or don't buy tele gear anymore. My TX Pros are my most comfortable ski boots too.
    Well, Conundrum, you've created quite a conundrum for me. If I care about growing the sport and work to do so by "preaching the gospel", I am not a ripping skier because the ripping skiers keep quiet and don't care about growing the sport, they just like tele skiing. But if I don't care about growing the sport and just like tele skiing and want to continue tele skiing, then I am contributing to the death of the sport and have some cognitive dissonance because I want to continue to be able to buy tele gear while the impetus to produce the gear dies. Damn. What's a guy to do.

Ski. I guess.

Personally, I hope my NTNs don't break again because I'm at the point of not caring if I buy or don't buy tele gear anymore. My TX Pros are my most comfortable ski boots too.
    Curious, what binding and what specifically broke?

i've got 3 sets of outlaws, 100/40/25 days on each and haven't had any breakage....and i'm no lightweight by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    More like squirt boating than C-1ing.
    Wrong. Squirt boating has a purpose, c-1ing is just handicapping yourself for no good reason, exactly like telemarking.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    The telemark industry has never really improved on the performance of the Asolo Extreme Pro boots and Chouinard cable bindings.
    Wait, are you hoarding extreme's?

Or do you not know about plastic boots?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Curious, what binding and what specifically broke?

i've got 3 sets of outlaws, 100/40/25 days on each and haven't had any breakage....and i'm no lightweight by any means.
    A friend broke two pairs of v2 Outlaws this season alone. One had a fractured flex plate and the other snapped at the claw/spring cap inner face.

I can’t recommend Meidjo enough. after they fixed the issues with v1, I haven’t really heard of a significant number of failures. It can ice up under the right conditions though.
    Last edited by Peruvian; 03-12-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    A friend broke two pairs of v2 Outlaws this season alone. One had a fractured fleet plate and the other snapped at the claw/spring cap inner face.

I can’t recommend Meidjo enough. after they fixed the issues with v1, I haven’t really heard of a significant number of failures. It can ice up under the right conditions though.
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by DSSK Jr. View Post
    Wait, are you hoarding extreme's?

Or do you not know about plastic boots?
    I replaced them with T1's eventually but still held onto them until a couple years ago. Was that a mistake, are they actually worth something? In any case, I don't think any subsequent telemark gear I had ever equaled the performance of the Extreme Pros and the cable bindings. The T1's were okay because at least they still had the duckbill. As soon as NTN came along and the duckbill went away, that's when you started noticing how much most telemarkers look off balance and wobbly. They're high centered with their boots like 1.5 inches off the ski. You can't drive your turn when you're boot is that high off the ski. I saw NTN gear ruin the skiing of several friends who used to be tele rippers. Never tried it myself, just an observation.

Well, Conundrum, you've created quite a conundrum for me. If I care about growing the sport and work to do so by "preaching the gospel", I am not a ripping skier because the ripping skiers keep quiet and don't care about growing the sport, they just like tele skiing. But if I don't care about growing the sport and just like tele skiing and want to continue tele skiing, then I am contributing to the death of the sport and have some cognitive dissonance because I want to continue to be able to buy tele gear while the impetus to produce the gear dies. Damn. What's a guy to do.

Ski. I guess.
    The struggle is real. You know talking shit in a tele thread is kind of like tele skiing. Certainly more efficient ways to do things but we keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Wrong. Squirt boating has a purpose, c-1ing is just handicapping yourself for no good reason, exactly like telemarking.
    I think you sum it up pretty good right here ^^

back in the day a crew from Telemark tips was on their way to Burnie with a down day till the heli took them in so i found transportation and took the whole bunch skiing, as a token of their appreciation beers lunch and Lucy presented me with this iconic sticker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	telemarking is stupid.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	367040

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I replaced them with T1's eventually but still held onto them until a couple years ago. Was that a mistake, are they actually worth something? In any case, I don't think any subsequent telemark gear I had ever equaled the performance of the Extreme Pros and the cable bindings.
    They're worth something to some. I know people who have a few pairs stashed away...For touring on light < 90mm skis I'd rather ski an extreme over a t4/excursion any day. I'd agree with you that there's been no improvement in that area of telemark gear, probably a regression if anything because there isn't a demand for decent leather boots anymore.

What about World Cup skiers on medjos? Apples to oranges to compare Extremes, cables and Tua's to that.

I used to love ripping around inbounds on T races and hammerheads on 90mm metal skis or touring on powder skis, though over time I found myself skiing alpine more and more on these setups. But a decade of aggressive inbounds telemark started to mess with my feet, so I've been selling off my burlier 75mm stuff.

Lately I love surfing around the bc on my voile V6's with a 3pin cable and T2's. The ROM is tolerable, no where near the stride of an AT boot, but the ability to make tele turns makes up for that to me...I skied them on a steep groomer yesterday and remembered right away why I couldn't wait to get the stiffest tele boots and bindings 10 years ago.

Cool thing about telemark is that there's a lot of different ways to do it...Because of this I've seen a lot of people end up with some pretty mismatched setups and whack style.