Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    That is a very tempting rabbit hole, but I son’t think I could ever fully give up tele.

The tx’s are working great, tha ks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

3 pair of Freerides: no problems with 2nd generation orange or current generation blacks. Current multicolored ones developed these in the exact same spot onboth left and right bindings. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1643247109.004246.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	402989
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Try standing up, ya caveman…
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Wish TX-Comps were more burly. I just transitioned from 5-season old TX Race 75mm and my new Comps feel softer than an old beat up boot. Anyone else experience this?

Recommend you upgrade the liner; I started with the Intuition FX Race, and then this year moved up to the HD Race in my Comps - tremendous difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Recommend you upgrade the liner; I started with the Intuition FX Race, and then this year moved up to the HD Race in my Comps - tremendous difference.
    Thanks for this. First couple days on the boots I used older Power Wraps, which I liked better than the stock Intuitions that I just baked and are in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Try standing up, ya caveman…
    My body will have further to fall then…. .
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Do the holes for the freedom and freeride line-up and maintain boot center. How about the outlaw x? What about the BD01/02 and G3 targa hole pattern? isn't there a cheatsheet about this?
    This should help:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/earnyou...-patterns/amp/

^^thanks!!

I’ve got a G3 jig and 22d plates for jigarex if you want to borrow some time.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    ... If the issue is user error with snow build up, that's really good to know and may not be an issue for a recreational skier, but you'll look just like the guy that insists on working in tech bindings while you fiddle around and ask for a pole on scene or on a route...that is, like an idiot. ....

I moved on to the Outlaw X and initially hated working in them as they were really annoying to get into. I made a couple of clearance modifications to the orange claw with a file (there's a video out there about this), and have been totally happy since. Now they're possibly even easier to get into than the Freeride or an alpine binding. ....
    First part quoted for truth - i.e., the looking like an idiot part. I prefer idiot proof gear, there's plenty of other stuff that can go wrong.

Second part - is this the video you mentioned about claw clearance modification: https://youtu.be/2-uDGbZAlF0 ? I'm going to try this either way, and if there's another video, any chance you could please post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    The twenty two designs hhs didn’t like the bomber plates. The difference in the plastic is drastic. Mounted my old rr hhs instead. Has to do with the improved design of the pivots I imagine. They had to push the wall of the riser in so the Allen head bolts don’t fit too well now. Honestly I prefer the rr toe piece though it might be marginally heavier.
    That’s a relief. Let’s get you on some alpine gear, you never make tele turns anymore anyway. I’ll hook you up with skis and bindings.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Wish TX-Comps were more burly. I just transitioned from 5-season old TX Race 75mm and my new Comps feel softer than an old beat up boot. Anyone else experience this?

Also I’m not a patroller but so far I am really pleased with the alpine binding-like step in and step out with my Bishop BMFs. I was a long-time 22D fan (75mm) but was scared away from the Outlaw X’s with all the stories of step in issues. I’m old and need easy these days.
    All NTN boots have a softer flex than 75 mm ime. I think it’s better if you’re not a knee to ski troglodyte. Go back and read Freeheel Skiing, Paul Parker was right all along, stand tall.

I find the t-race flex perfect, but the last is small and functionality of the boot kinda sucks... could the crispi world cups be any better? I'm honestly thinking of just hacking my own boots together from spare parts in the near future. All tele boots feel like they are just trying to hold your foot down like a crappy alpine boot, and just flexible enough to ski. But i think its really all about ultimate heel lock, and how dialed in you can apply pressure to the front of the boot & the bellows flex. Aside from that a nice easy comfy touring mode for the glorified XC skiing! Just my humble opinion. What would you really want to see in a tele boot???

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    What would you really want to see in a tele boot???
    There are a ton of opinions on this matter. An AT boot's range of motion and an option for a really light weight boot would be my vote for some new tele boots.

Crispi WC boots are definitely stiffer in nearly every way than the Tx Pros (I have little experience with the Comps because I ski Lynx). But, I didn't find them comfortable, so I stuck with the Tx Pros.

I used the T Races and relied on them for leverage with Switchback X2s. I don't think you need as stiff boots with NTN bindings because the bindings provide so much more stability than any of the 75mm options. I would like to try a pair of Comps with tech inserts, but that apparently ain't happening in my lifetime.

was thinking of using my TX boots in Tecton bindings
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I find the t-race flex perfect...All tele boots feel like they are just trying to hold your foot down like a crappy alpine boot, and just flexible enough to ski...What would you really want to see in a tele boot???
    I loved my t-races...Now my favorite tele boot is a t2. Favorite bindings to match them with are a 3 pin cable. Not a charging setup, but I can easily weight the bof and make nice tele turns in pow & corn in simple terrain. I find t2's light enough and the ROM is tolerable for touring when I don't wanna ski on A/T. W/ the 3pin cables unhooked you're only picking up the boot too. I think the the lynx and meidjo are rad, and I've considered TTS but I'm not that interested in the current tx pro's, crispis or scotts. Not interested in tracking down old tx's, f1's etc. either. Until Scarpa releases a new TX boot with like 60* ROM I'm gonna be skiing my t2's and cables like its 2001.

Over the years I've had the OG terminator, bumblebee t1, last gen t-race, first t2, current t1, and t3's. I feel like I've pretty much come full circle w/ my t2's. For a while I was all about charging inbounds on t-race and HH on 4 or 5, then Axl's with the stiff springs. Thought I'd end up w/ tx comps on NTN, but ended up going the other direction. I fucked up my heels when I was young and unfortunately for me skiing telemark aggressively in bounds started causing me issues. Thats why I prefer the softer boots/bindings/snow for telemark now. Otherwise I'd probably have comps and outlaws in the quiver too. Maybe I'll figure it out at some point.

All the changes have certainly kept it fresh to me over the years.
    Last edited by Chair 6; 01-27-2022 at 02:55 PM.

What would you really want to see in a tele boot???
    Like dschane, I would do a backflip for some greater ROM in walk mode and dropping 200 grams of weight.

I gave up waiting for the greater ROM lightweight but stiff ntn boot. i figured that i would want to let that boot sit on the market for a season or two before getting my own to allow for kinks to be worked out, which would likely be enough time to wear-out my current tx comps. FWIW, when i first got the tx comps, i couldn't get the bellows to flex in the house until i put them in a mounted binding. they flex now that they've broken in a bit.

that blister video was a little disappointing. as was their lead-in a few years back. that crew needs to get wagner to join them for a tele day. they seems to be friends, and he can (or at least used to) tele. he could likely help them with some more useful tips.

also, something missing (maybe edited out) is the lack of edible herb. ime, that always seems to help good alpine skiers to learn to tele.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s a relief. Let’s get you on some alpine gear, you never make tele turns anymore anyway. I’ll hook you up with skis and bindings.

I saw a guy at the resort walking back to his vehicle carrying an old pair of Lange Banshees. I admit I was slightly wistful. I shouldn’t have gotten rid of those boots. My NES, my BMW 2002. Etc. etc. I’m not sure if I could make parallel turns with my heels locked down though. Hopefully Elisa’s last a while longer. Though she seems to be easier on the gear than I am…

I saw a guy at the resort walking back to his vehicle carrying an old pair of Lange Banshees. I admit I was slightly wistful. I shouldn’t have gotten rid of those boots. My NES, my BMW 2002. Etc. etc. I’m not sure if I could make parallel turns with my heels locked down though. Hopefully Elisa’s last a while longer. Though she seems to be easier on the gear than I am…
    Find some boots, I’ll give you some 180 Explosivs and bindings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB31DE54-5C5E-480E-809D-73C91E91467B.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	516.3 KB 
ID:	403126I like to be able to say that I can if I want to also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB31DE54-5C5E-480E-809D-73C91E91467B.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	516.3 KB 
ID:	403126I like to be able to say that I can if I want to also.
    It’s fun to mix it up, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s fun to mix it up, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth

Pretty sure I still have the Outbounds you got for Valerie so we could make it an even trade. They actually ski pretty nicely.