Thumbs up TR: Pow Skiing on Teton Pass 1/5/11

Good times on the Teton Pass yesterday. Snow was blower, trail breaking was deep, and a good time was had by me and EPskis4life. EP is in the skier in orange/tan with the white lid and Im on one plank and in black. Enjoy. Photo credit to whoevers not i the shot

First lap

Second lap

GAPER!

Back up for #3

Heres a couple from the pass on the 30th of spankthepow and his girl.

"The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

looks awesome!

evan is skiing pow in sunglasses now huh??

Looks sweet, thanks for posting up. First two pics kind of caught me off guard as I was wondering how you got two different skiers in the exact same spot in the exact same position. But I guess its the same photo eh.
    Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools by Ullr Labs: http://www.ullrlabs.com/solutions.html

Quote Originally Posted by patrickski View Post
    looks awesome!

evan is skiing pow in sunglasses now huh??
    Evan is... well... Evan. Im 99% sure he was so excited to ski he forgot to take his glasses off/goggles on and buckle his boots.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

First pic is sick! Way better in B+W too...

jealousjealousjealous grrr

great pics

looked like a dam good time!

Thanks guys. First time out with the new P+S so any tips from you photo mags are appreciated.
    More stoke, less shit.

Ahahah BREATHE

Great to see a Teton area TR!

Hell yeah!

V and I skied the Pass 12/31 - 1/2 and it was similarly rad, although I was too cold to take pictures and too lazy to haul my camera gear with me. We're definitely coming back for more this season.

Here's one of _Aaron_....at least I think its him. This pretty much sums up that day on the pass. My TR will be posted sometime soon.

Sickness. $$$

On the photo nerd side, the trees look over-sharpened and the foreground under-sharpened. Maybe it's also a contrast issue? Whatever it is, my eyes are finding the background distracting, or at least drawing attention away from the pow cloud. It's entirely possible that you applied the same settings to the whole image but it just comes across that way. Totally subtle but for whatever reason it jumped out at me.

Epic pow.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

the black and white shot is sickk

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    Here's one of _Aaron_....at least I think its him. This pretty much sums up that day on the pass. My TR will be posted sometime soon.

Yeah. Ive got a couple more from that day that turned out exactly the same way. Big pow cloud and not a person on sight. Next time Im near a computer I can shoot them off to you if you want.

Lookin forward to your TR and seeing what you guys got up to the other days you were here.
    More stoke, less shit.

Very nice looks nice and deep

It was nice out there yesterday, went out to the claw, first time out in the pass. Great shit.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"