Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    But on the same note, I could care less.
    How much less?

So unless you really do care, the proper expression is "I could not care less", which actually means something.

Pack rats ain't got no education.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    This just in...
    The readers of teenbeat magazine voted Justin Bieber recording artist of the year
    that pretty much sums it up right there.

I wonder if Bieber skis?

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Maybe the most ludicrous statement I've ever seen on TGR.

Obvious troll is obvious.
    Not at all. Big Mountain skiing is basically glorified groomer cruising. Just because we have fat skis, we assume we're doing something special. The only reason I ski big mountain over groomers is because there are fewer people. Fundamentally, we're still just putting in turns on snow albeit slightly thicker snow, there's not that much to it.

Park skiing, on the other hand requires practice and training to learn tricks, and it has reached astonishing levels now. Even as a non-park skier, I have the utmost respect for what Newschool skiers are doing. I couldn't do what Tom Wallisch does, but he could do what I do, and do it better. Simple.

I voted for Sammy C!

Quote Originally Posted by LaGrave View Post
    Big Mountain skiing is basically glorified groomer cruising.
    What? How about terrain features? Hucks? Trees? Varying 3-D snow types? Steepness?

You're an idiot.

You're right that Tom Wallisch is really good at what he does. Maybe he'd ski big mountain well if he tried, but until he does, who knows. Take Tanner for example. He skis big mountain now, but he's no where close to many other big mountain pros, and he was the pinnacle of park skiing not long ago.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

spook Guest
    i love this:

Yes Candide is so so sick, I get chills watching that. But he doesn't sell shit in the states.

TWall on the other hand is a brand. Bam! SOTY for the afterbang.

Sammy C is close on the brand front. Thanks for joining us LOLZER.
    bumps are for poor people

Tom Wallisch? Who?
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TeleThor View Post
    What? How about terrain features? Hucks? Trees? Varying 3-D snow types? Steepness?

You're an idiot.

You're right that Tom Wallisch is really good at what he does. Maybe he'd ski big mountain well if he tried, but until he does, who knows. Take Tanner for example. He skis big mountain now, but he's no where close to many other big mountain pros, and he was the pinnacle of park skiing not long ago.
    We're all so up our own asses on here, that we totally disregard 'terrain features' as being for the kids from Newschoolers. And trees, hucks, steepness etc are just extensions of turning and basic skiing.

Don't get me wrong, I ski big mountain 70 days per year, but I'm also well aware that me and others like me are technically a lot less skilled than those who are good in the snowpark. I ski big mountain and BC because I enjoy it, and because it is easy, and takes so little skill, not because I want to do something "xtreme" and have bragging rights.

And I think we should create a "Best walker of the year award" to honour Greg Hill's achievement

Pipe down jong.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i love this:

Good point there Lagrave, I ski'd a bunch of groomers at the Bird today and it looked JUST like this video. JUST LIKE IT.
    Coingrats to the dude who won. Never heard of him. I'm sure he rips. I don't really see the big deal though, or why it was posted here.

wtf is big mountain anyway - makes me want to puke hearing it so much

Let's get this straight. You guys are pissed cause a bunch of skiers said another skier is the best skier, but you guys think other skiers are better skiers than that skier. So you all think the skiers that think that the other skier is the best skier are morons, and they also think you're all morons?

I think you're both right.

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    Pipe down jong.
    Hush your fat mouth, Stomp Inlines. We're big mountain skiers here, not inline rollerbladers like you.

What we do may not be difficult, or technical, or impressive, or require much skill, but at least out sport wasn't kicked out the X-Games

Hush your fat mouth, Stomp Inlines. We're big mountain skiers here, not inline rollerbladers like you.

What we do may not be difficult, or technical, or impressive, or require much skill, but at least out sport wasn't kicked out the X-Games
    Dude, shut the fuck up. Your opinions are WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    Dude, shut the fuck up. Your opinions are WRONG.
    How? All I'm saying is that our sport doesn't require any particular skill or ability, and certainly a lot less than say, throwing a double cork off a park jump. But the simplicity and easiness of big mountain skiing is its beauty - anyone can just go for a cruise in the back country without having to practice or hone their skillset, or be an advanced skier. And if we do fall, there's lots of fluffy powder to cushion us and keep us free from bruises!

We should enjoy the fact that our sport is easy and untechnical - when all the park rats have arthritis and damaged knees from their huge tricks, we'll still be bumbling happily down our nice lift-accessed big mountain lines!! More fool them!

Tom Wallisch:

What I don't get is if you were gonna give it to a park guy why it wouldn't be Bobby Brown given his domination of comps. Tom had a good part this year but he didn't even run away with Level 1's movie - Ahmet Dadali did, and that's why Ahmet won skier of the year at IF3.

Anyway given Sammy Carlson's film stuff and continued presence in comps it's tough not to give him the nod, that would've been my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JD May View Post
    Tom Wallisch:
    also Tom Wallisch:

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    thisisastickup

Uh, yah, I'm gonna have to go and disagree with you on that. Aqua, other guys with alias's, people are rippin. TGR has a strong crew, like have you seen light the wick. So, um yah, I'm going to need to move you down to storage room B.....
    Mmmm, yeahhhh. I'm gonna have to get you to go ahead and come in on Saturday too. Kay, thanks.

Not at all. Big Mountain skiing is basically glorified groomer cruising. Just because we have fat skis, we assume we're doing something special.
    This has got to be the stupidest thing post here in a long time. With the asinine shit DasBlunt is posting in the Jenny thread, that is really saying something.

I am not taking anything away from park rats, they have skills just like figure skaters have skills, but it ain't hockey.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Not at all. Big Mountain skiing Simple.
    We Freeride, not Big Mountain. Wayer more rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    We Freeride, not Big Mountain. Wayer more rad.
    Oops. I always call it 'off-pisting' or 'fluff-skiing' in conversation. 'Freeride' is probably better. "Big mountain" makes it sound cooler and more 'hip' and 'down with the kids' and more technical than it actually is. Thanks for the heads up!

Just received this in a PM from LaGrave, LOL:

I found your post aimed at me quite offensive. It is particularly rude to tell someone to "shut the f*** up", especially a fellow skier. I'll let this one fly, providing you publicly apologise to me on the forum.

Not a bad troll, hugh.

Don't get me wrong, I ski big mountain 70 days per year,
    no. you don't.
    trolls can't ski.
    sometimes they're funny.
    other times they're butthurt 15 year olds from ns.