Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    looks like we got one of those rare storms that kinda dissed kwood. the heave is reporting double cohee's 4-5 inches as of 7 this morning. and they shortened the storm warning to only noon today. hmmmmm........where to go today?????

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    looks like we got one of those rare storms that kinda dissed kwood. the heave is reporting double cohee's 4-5 inches as of 7 this morning. and they shortened the storm warning to only noon today. hmmmmm........where to go today?????

I would hit the wood, the radar has the storm slamming straight south. We only have 2-3" at 7200' over this direction.
    steezarific!!

Quote Originally Posted by hardrider
    I would hit the wood, the radar has the storm slamming straight south. We only have 2-3" at 7200' over this direction.
    just woke up we have 3-4 over here, i would've expected the wood to have more too, but toby is right about once a year a storm dumps more on the heave than kirkwood.

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    just woke up we have 3-4 over here, i would've expected the wood to have more too, but toby is right about once a year a storm dumps more on the heave than kirkwood.

well that would be two in a row.
    steezarific!!

Quote Originally Posted by hardrider
    well that would be two in a row.
    last one dumped more on the heave too???

you gonna ski today or take a day off and rest yourself back to health?

Quote Originally Posted by lph

you gonna ski today or take a day off and rest yourself back to health?

depends on kirkwood.
    steezarific!!

Kirkwood Snow Report

It's blowing pretty good, but there is a foot of fresh on the road.
    Just took the dog out. He's going apeshit due to all the AC work.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    It's blowing pretty good, but there is a foot of fresh on the road.
    Just took the dog out. He's going apeshit due to all the AC work.
    Tim

dry or wet?
    steezarific!!

Dry...

at the base and still comming. I can only see the bullwheel and barely the first tower on chair 6. Chair 6 is turning right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    at the base and still comming. I can only see the bullwheel and barely the first tower on chair 6. Chair 6 is turning right now.

are you legit or is some sumbitch in san-frn playing with my heart?
    steezarific!!

just updated the report. 12"+ @ 2" AN HOUR.
    steezarific!!

Sitting in Sun Meadows

eating breakfast. I'll be heading out in a blue MH parka, blue giro helemet, on 10exs, wishing they were Bros.
    Tim

KILL KILL KILL IT

(I'm going to work right now - have fun. )
    Aliases: B-Dub, B-Dubya, & B. White

Alpine is reporting 14" so far. I'm heading out pretty soon. Everyone enjoy.

In my cubicle, I am crying.

To everyone able to skip work, I hate you and I love you for pulling it off.

Well, I got my gear in the back of my truck, and I'm hellbent on making at least one lap down either Tahoe-Donner ski bowl or through people's backyards on Skislope over my lunch hour from 12-1. All I need is a partner in crime to trade shuttles. The usual suspects either skipped work and are at Squaw or are too busy to take an hour to trade rides for face shots. Any takers??

Sweet! Let's definately plan something for the next one. I bet with planning and good timing we could make 1 lap in Sunrise Bowl, or multiple laps dopwn the ski bowl, although once they open it it will be grommers only unless we ski the "trails" cut in the backside.

I really want to ski the fire scar from the houses on Skislope down to I-80, but it's south facing, so it'd need to be done in the thick of a storm or right after it stops snowing, and later in the year when a bit more of a base builds up.

Another option is Negro Canyon, but that's getting into the realm of serious backcountry, necessitating b/c gear and such.

Alpine reporting heavy snow this morning & 10-14 new overnight....60+ mph gusts up top....forecast says continued snow throughout the day.....

Tahoe peeps: report in!

Am trying to decide if it will be worth it to jam up tonight and blow off work tomorrow and ski....

NWS says second wave/storm coming tonight into tomorrow, but its warmer, snow level around 6000-7000 ft

Hmm, what to do, what to do......

Yep...me, Punani, Greydon Clark, and Sam are in the same boat...

contemplating what day to take off. Today seems like it may be the best for pow....storm rolled in fast. But the satellite is looking ominous to another round tonight and into tomorrow...so Thursday looks good...but may be warmer snow...Too stressful....

Oh no! Could it be? Is that PEOPLE (not us) riding on the Summit 6 this morning with 18” of freshies in 18 degree temps? Yes, that’s right we BLEW IT. However, fear not, cause we can go ski 2” of wet snow tomorrow:

Tonight: Breezy...snow and rain developing by midnight. Snow level 6000 feet rising to 7000 feet. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches below 7000 feet...with 3 to 5 inches above 7000 feet. Lows 21 to 31. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Gusts to 90 mph over ridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    Hey, if you guys are in Tahoe, come by Porter's in TC. I can probably hook you up on a mount, and Jeremy is IMHO the best person for mouting skis in Tahoe. Most people at the store have Spatulas that he's done, and we mount about a pair a week.
    Darkside, since my hook-up @ Porter's apparently left to swap stocks, any chance you can get me a bro deal on a mount for my Spats? Do you work @ porters? or just buds with the guy there? also, i need binders: am thinking the solly S912TI (best I have seen is $228 @ backcountry.com - 10% hook)or the Look P12 FR Wide binder (again, bc.com has /em for $238 - 10%) - can you pull a bro binder deal @ Porters? Since I left Tahoe full time, all my hook ups (guys I knew at GC and Porters, etc) are gone

Quote Originally Posted by monster dump.
    Be your own weatherman. What does this tell you?

http://image.weather.com/looper/arch...?1102453362217

It's ricocheting off the coast and headed to Alaska?

I hate to say it, but I think this storm cycle might have had all the wrong ingredients:

1. Early in season - no good lifts open @ Squaw
    2. Came in cold and windy
    3. Blew itself out this AM, but kept windy enough to keep all the upper mt. lifts closed
    4. Warmer air mass right on its heels
    5. Potential for rain tomorrow
    (6. I am only complaining because I am bitterly stuck at work today and trying to make myself feel better!)

Just when my boss said I could actually take some time off to ski tomorrow, the weather takes a turn for the worse this afternoon. It's already like 35 degrees at the Truckee airport, temps are-a-rising, too. Bummer.

All I heard Squaw had open today was Red Dog, too....they could totally have opened KT save for the absence of control work thus far this season.

So the moral of the story is that those of us that had to sit this one out shouldn't feel that bad...