Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Road report

Just got a report from someone on 88 (who originally got turned around at the spur) that 50 is closed at Twin Bridges (just east of Strawberry). No turns for some today!

Thursday got some mojo.

I was wrong there is in fact something falling from the sky up here. The problem is that it is clear and seems to be making a mess of the snow.

Lane may be right, its gonna help with thise pesky rocks for sure but it might nt be a whole lot of fun.
    steezarific!!

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    hmm, doesn't look good for tomorrow with the temps forecast to be 41 - 51 AND the wet rain/snow combo today and tonight might just half to chalk this storm up to "hey, this is plastering everything w/a good solid base, setting us up for the season" type storms vs a pow day tomorrow or Fri....
    That's okay. Those face shots will probably be sour anyway.....

ROLL CALLLLLLLL KIRKWEEEEDERS

My good friend tcohee told me he'll personally see to it that 10 remains shut today, and will open tomorrow with 3 feet of fresh.

Exploders + heavy mank = fun shite See ya'll tomorrow.
    Suck It!

WTF?.....we can't ski if its slop.

I won't be working..and I'll be skiing with all my boyfriends, gotta go.

busted out the fats for the 1st time this year today and they were definately needed as this new snow will grab ya and gobble ya up if you're not on top of it. too chickenshit to go all the way out to kwood today so just skied the heave from powbowl on down. everything else is on wind hold. above 7,000' was wind buffed kinda heavy pow and below 7,000' was sloppy grabby mank. like y'all said, chalk this storm up to "well, it'll sure help our base." where i was hacking my skis bases yesterday, i was floating free and clear today.

Sloppy mank it is. I'd like to carpool with you city folk if there's room.

http://www.kirkwood.com/webcam.asp

Weird that there's no accumulation on the trees.... hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    above 7,000' was wind buffed kinda heavy pow and below 7,000' was sloppy grabby mank.
    I assume you hit it in the morning???
    I hit Powbowl and the face from 12:00 - 2:00.
    The usually reliable Powderbowl trees were totally wind fucked. Like "it's been howling for a week non stop" wind fucked. I found some "decent" snow in the skiers right trees of Waterfall.
    The Face - Mank would be an understatement. I would call it 10,000 psi SIERRA CEMENT. Actually reminded me of the consistency of some week old refrigerated mashed potatoes that recently got tossed from Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    where i was hacking my skis bases yesterday, i was floating free and clear today.
    I found a few lurkers in the fringes of Avy bowl....including a snowmaking pipe.

Hope everyone has better luck at the 'wood. The elevation should help, but also means the wind is hammering even harder.

Any reports from Waterhouse trees???

Quote Originally Posted by Punani
    http://www.kirkwood.com/webcam.asp

Weird that there's no accumulation on the trees.... hmmm....
    oh man, that is bad, it had to have been raining pretty hard at the base to lose all that snow off the trees. i just don't think the snow would blow hard enough at the base to do that to the trees.

I will take 3 feet of wind loaded mank sement over no new snow any time.

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    oh man, that is bad, it had to have been raining pretty hard at the base to lose all that snow off the trees. i just don't think the snow would blow hard enough at the base to do that to the trees.
    Actually at one point today you could see the wind whipping up snow at the base. Still, it could be rain. We'll find out tomorrow.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Went up Waterhouse today around 1:00 PM, pretty much the same conditions everyone else is reporting "Mank", every thing is covered up well now except for all the crap blown out of the trees today, what a dissapontment after some fun boot to knee high powder turns at Heavenly yesterday.

Heading up there a sign indicated that Hwy 88 was closed due to avalanch work.

ok, i am bailing kids, it just does not look like tomorrow (when its supposed to be even warmer than today) is worth playing hooky for. I have been around here long enough to know when to call 'em....So, now that I won't be there, of course, it should be epic. you guys owe me a beer if its good tomorrow

I'm OUT. Glad to have more "mank" for a base, but not worth hooky in my boat either. Friday AM, maybe if the reports from tomorrow are "epic." But then again, my resort is 2000' lower than your resorts...hope people get after it, though, and I'll be looking forward to hearing the reports.

yesterday - denail - "nah, it'll still be great"

noon - anger -

now - bargaining - maybe since I got aced out on this one, the next one will come super extra cold and dry.

Awe shit, the rise and fall of internet stoke. What a ride.

Angry

FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER ASS-PIRATE FAG JIZZ EATING CUM-GARGLING POOFTER FUCKHEAD ASSHOLE WARM WEATHER HOMO STORM!!!

FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER ASS-PIRATE FAG JIZZ EATING CUM-GARGLING POOFTER FUCKHEAD ASSHOLE WARM WEATHER HOMO STORM!!!
    Tell me, how do you really feel?
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

My bargaining from Sunday went - "Shit, Cal got aced out, maybe I'll get a monster dump to make up for it." Then this. I think this December is fucked. (cept for hardrider and trescow's good fortune) You were right hardrider, I don't even ski anymore. I don't even care any more. I can't take the swings. - entering depression

buck up little campers! we all know that skiing in Tahoe has its ups and downs, and that we will have to suffer through a few wet, manky storms like this every season....but its just building our base, plastering all those nasties and setting us up for some sweet skiing. and, i have gotten three blower days in so far this season - hell, one was on Oct 30th! There are many, many good days to come, its a loong season......i will put up with storms like this seeing as how we always get some pow blue bird days in April every year when everyone else is shutting down for the season....

now, how can I get to UT tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by monster dump.
    My bargaining from Sunday went - "Shit, Cal got aced out, maybe I'll get a monster dump to make up for it." Then this. I think this December is fucked. (cept for hardrider and trescow's good fortune) You were right hardrider, I don't even ski anymore. I don't even care any more. I can't take the swings. - entering depression
    Oh shit. I'm taking the phone off the hook tonight...

it really wasn't that bad you guys geeezzzzzz. in fact, w/ 95 mm waisted skis it was pretty damn fun. untracked pow is still untracked pow even if you gotta ride it w/ fat skiis in the WAY back machine. if i didn't have to work tomorrow i'd be all over the wall, eagle bowl, hike to thunder saddle and thunder bowl which all have been closed for days w/ 3' of new snow. now shut the f... up and go skiing!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    buck up little campers! we all know that skiing in Tahoe has its ups and downs, and that we will have to suffer through a few wet, manky storms like this every season....but its just building our base, plastering all those nasties and setting us up for some sweet skiing. and, i have gotten three blower days in so far this season - hell, one was on Oct 30th! There are many, many good days to come, its a loong season......i will put up with storms like this seeing as how we always get some pow blue bird days in April every year when everyone else is shutting down for the season....

now, how can I get to UT tomorrow
    You're Ned Frikkin Flanders aren't you?

You're Ned Frikkin Flanders aren't you?
    Nope: I was thinking more like Charles De Mar:

http://www.moviequotequiz.com/othersounds/Greendale.wav