Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer
    I hate to say it, but I think this storm cycle might have had all the wrong ingredients:

1. Early in season - no good lifts open @ Squaw
    2. Came in cold and windy
    3. Blew itself out this AM, but kept windy enough to keep all the upper mt. lifts closed
    4. Warmer air mass right on its heels
    5. Potential for rain tomorrow
    (6. I am only complaining because I am bitterly stuck at work today and trying to make myself feel better!)
    all too true - especially about the warm air! it is balmy in TC right now. and that was some heavy s%@* i shoveled off the cars this morning in truckee!!! (got heavier btwn when i dug out huckwheats truck at 6 and my car at 9).

but the thick layer of heavy sticky will be good for the mountain!!! cover some of those rocks on C2!
    -b
    PS caveat -- I am also sour grapes as I sit at work today...
    Powder. It gives you the freedom to be retarded. (S. Morrison)

hey lane, do you know if alpine got summit 6 running today? web site said "open"....just wondering (so i can cry some more if they did....)

Hmm, I haven't left Truckee all day, so I couldn't tell ya for sure, but I heard through the rumor mill that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    hey lane, do you know if alpine got summit 6 running today? web site said "open"....just wondering (so i can cry some more if they did....)
    Sorry to hurt you, but Summit was open all day. I was up there from 9:45-2:30...It was awesome. You totally totally totally missed out. Deer Park was off the hook, and we skied some knee-deep fresh from 1-2:30, but I'm not telling where. If you're there on Thursday, I'll show you.

As for the hookups...I can def. set you up pretty good on a mount. I can also bro you 10% off of our price on 912ti's. I don't know what that price is off the top of my head though. You'll have to show me some stuff at Alpine, in exchange.

Also, I did some serious damage to my Spatulas. I'm cruising down the side of Weasel Run, just minding my own, hit a roller, get some air, and as I'm coming down, I see the only rock on the trail right in my landing...I couldn't avoid it all, landed squarely on it. Luckily no edge damage, but it literally peeled off (I have it in my pocket) a 1" wide by 6" long strip of base...Does anyone know if Spatulas have a layer of metal on the bottom of the core, or is that the wood of the core I see? Either way, it should be pretty fixable. I mean, they're powder skis, who need bases for that?
    Last edited by Darkside; 12-07-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Lightbulb

666, Greydon, Monster Dump, kellie, Stoney Wall...

Wed or Thurs? I'm getting sick of playing sick in my office and want my powdered medication!!!!

Clack- if you're doing Wed are you driving? I might hitch a ride with you (if you go Wed and 666/GC don't) since my tires are as bald as a freshly shaved pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    Sorry to hurt you, but Summit was open all day. I was up there from 9:45-2:30...It was awesome. You totally totally totally missed out. Deer Park was off the hook, and we skied some knee-deep fresh from 1-2:30, but I'm not telling where. If you're there on Thursday, I'll show you.

well, as Chili said, just glad you got some (you lucky bastard)...i +knew+ i should have gotten up there last night for today, but alas, work....

so now the question is: with another foot expected tonight, is it worth rallying tonight for tomorrow? or with it snowing/raining tomorrow and rising snow levels, is it gonna suck? Maybe Thur??

As for the hookups...I can def. set you up pretty good on a mount. I can also bro you 10% off of our price on 912ti's. I don't know what that price is off the top of my head though. You'll have to show me some stuff at Alpine, in exchange.?
    That is awesome news! Gracias mi amigo, gracias. Can you let me know when you get a chance what you would be able to sell me the S912TIs for? And I will take care of you and your tech w/some beers, and am more than happy to share my knowledge of Alpine with you for sure!

PS, sorry about the Spats...but you should be able to fix those bad boys...
    Last edited by freshies; 12-07-2004 at 05:45 PM.

I'm thinking Thursday....

1) like Lane said...warmer storm...could be skiing in wet stuff tomorrow...and not be worth the commute.
    2) But since we'd ski Kirkwood, it'll probably be the best there...and we let it accumulate.
    3) It will clear up on Thursday and we'll be there first thing in the morning.

after much deliberation, ended up at heavenly w/ lph, hardrider and arty50. mostly boot deep fast pow that made for good coverage in most places. unfortunately, the upper mtn was closed till bout 1 when i had to bail. of course, when i've gotta split they open the rest of the mtn soooo, did kwood open up top or not today????

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    I'm thinking Thursday....

1) like Lane said...warmer storm...could be skiing in wet stuff tomorrow...and not be worth the commute.
    2) But since we'd ski Kirkwood, it'll probably be the best there...and we let it accumulate.
    3) It will clear up on Thursday and we'll be there first thing in the morning.
    Cool...shit I need to find out if I need to move all my Wed meetings to Thurs or vice versa...don't wanna be on a conference call with avie bombs and hoots in the background.

If we go tomorrow we can take my car. Thursday could be the call though. ARGH!

NWS/NOAA calling for gusts to 90-100 tonight and tomorrow. Better wait it out until Thursday, although the 7-8,000' snow levels might fuck all of us over....we shall have to wait and see.

I have to work tomorrow, but as long as it doesn't rain, I'll be at Alpine bright and early. Anyone else in?

NWS/NOAA calling for gusts to 90-100 tonight and tomorrow. Better wait it out until Thursday, although the 7-8,000' snow levels might fuck all of us over....we shall have to wait and see.
    Kwood might come out OK from that. Of coarse it doesn't matter cause this isn't even happening, just an illusion, nothing to see.

Affirmative ghostrider....

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...GREATER LAKE TAHOE AREA-GREATER RENO-CARSON CITY-MINDEN AREA- 332 PM PST TUE DEC 7 2004
    ... HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM WEDNESDAY TO 8 PM PST WEDNESDAY...

SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 70 MPH OVER THE LAKE TAHOE BASIN AND RENO CARSON CITY AREA BY WEDNESDAY MORNING. GUSTS OVER RIDGES WILL BE NEAR 100 MPH. WINDS WILL DECREASE AFTER 8PM ON WEDNESDAY.

-----

Thursday it is!!!!

where are the pics, bitches?

Many thanks are owed to gimpy for showing us around the Heav. Great day with great friends.

That wind forcast for tomorrow is pissing me off. I can't fuckin' believe it.

As for the Bay Area crew, I'd probably wait til Thursday. There's a chance tomorrow could be sick, but there's also a chance nothing will be open. Thursday should be good no matter what.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Many thanks are owed to gimpy for showing us around the Heav. Great day with great friends.

That wind forcast for tomorrow is pissing me off. I can't fuckin' believe it.

As for the Bay Area crew, I'd probably wait til Thursday. There's a chance tomorrow could be sick, but there's also a chance nothing will be open. Thursday should be good no matter what.
    100 mile an hour winds, Brah. Would that Mammify Kirkweed?

Ok I moved all my Thurs meetings to Friday and coughed up a lung in front of Lumbergh...I should be good

Quote Originally Posted by Punani
    100 mile an hour winds, Brah.
    We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by monster dump.
    We'll see

Thursday, hella deep mank brah. Wax 'em up fellers.
    steezarific!!

you kids think Thursday will be worth it? after 50-100mph winds tomorrow, some wet snow and a low to mid 40s high on Thur....just not sure its worth using a get outta jail powder day card.......

Kirkwood was good today. The snow was just a little wet, more so than I thought when I was out with the dog at 7A. Knee deep and more where windloaded. The wind died down early, they held 6 till 10A for AC.

Oh and no one came out to ski today. I lapped 5 for an hour thinking I'd get in line at 6 if the maze started filling up. But it never did. Just before they dropped the rope there were probably about 50 people standing 4 rows deep. Hit it from 10-noon getting 10 or so runs of untracked and skiing right onto the chair each run. When I left at noon they still only had it open betweeen Lost Cabin and Olympic. Chamonix was shut but you could traverse into lower Jim's($$) and down from there.

Thursday it is.....................

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    Thursday it is.....................

Hell yeah. Oh but its tomorrow too.
    steezarific!!

Well, it's snowing again. At lake level no less.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Well, it's snowing again. At lake level no less.

Snow level of 4500' tonight and raises as the day progresses which means that the morning is gonna be sick.
    steezarific!!