Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What you been jammin' to lately?

So, what's in your CD player right now?

For me, I've been diggin' on this band called Minus the Bear. Really great poppy rock sort of reminicent of cheesy emo, but in a good way. Also, recently the Hot Snakes. Garage Rock/punky kind of, but not in an overbearing way. A few really stellar songs. I sent one to Ostness for the Superpark DVD and he was really excited about it, but we couldn't get a hold of the band to get usage rights, too bad.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    I've moved beyond your foolish cd's to a state of ipod-induced fury...anyways, I been listenin to:

Kyuss - Desert Sessions 7 & 8

Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers lp
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

I have ipod envy.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

you must elvove to the next level my man. easily the coolest toy I've ever bought.

I have about 8,000 songs on it right now with about 4 gigs left for more.

headphones/stereo attachment/tape deck attachment.

battery lasts for around 9 hours.

that new itunes thing on the apple site is pretty solid.

all in something the size of a deck of cards.

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Dispatch, OAR and string cheese

Also all the songs from ski movie soundtracks
    My Montana has an East Infection

Lifesavas, Zion I, OAR (too), Zep, live PJ, old old old school Sound Garden, Spearhead, Galactic, Iron Maiden, old skewl Metalica, staind, a bit of Thievery Corp, Chemical Brothers, Operation Ivy, Grateful Dead (of course), Ice Cube.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

i've been hooked on a bunch of umphrey's mcgee since seeing them a few weeks ago, downloading concerts like it's my job. a friend just gave me a sweet string cheese (not so great) concert featuring steve kimock (fuckin a awesome) that's been seeing some action as well. daily dead, of course...

www.beatbasement.com

right now

A-trak - enter Ralph Wiggum

since im almost always online, i find streaming mp3's a handy way to check out new music that i won't hear anywhere else.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Thumbs up

GD- Dead Set. Following along at home? Cue track 12.

Jimmy Thackery, Indigenous and Roy Rogers. I just got them papercut blues.
    So by this time, she was ...

Dido - Life for Rent.

Seriously, I listened to this cd no less than 5 times yesterday. I am hooked. Big time.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Originally posted by watersnowdirt
    Dido - Life for Rent.

Seriously, I listened to this cd no less than 5 times yesterday. I am hooked. Big time.
    Oh man, M. Hopeless.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Originally posted by The Reverend Floater
    Oh man, M. Hopeless.
    I'm gonna make you a mixed cd with Dido and David Gray. What address should I send it to?? edit: oops, forgot to put the winky face, here you go
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Cool

Strangefolk
    Radiohead
    Cream
    Cypress Hill
    Zep- how the west was won

lately: pink floyd, modest mouse, interpol, STP, Sparta, String Cheese.

Originally posted by iskibc

Zep- how the west was won
    Have you seen the new Zep DVD?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago...mind blown.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

finally got Tool: aenema on the pod....friggin SCHWWWEEEET!!!

well now I've got some advice for you little buddy
    before you point your finger you should know that I'm the man
    I'm the man and you're the man and he's the man as well
    so you can, point that fuckin finger up your aaaasssssssss

Originally posted by watersnowdirt
    I'm gonna make you a mixed cd with Dido and David Gray. What address should I send it to?? edit: oops, forgot to put the winky face, here you go
    Okay....I'm up for the Pepsi Challenge. You make a mix, I make a mix and we'll see who is rad and who's a barney. BUT, you have to be honest in your critique! And you have to make it YOUR mix, not a mix you think I would like. Include Dido and DG and whatever and see if you can convert me!

Originally posted by vinzclortho
    finally got Tool: aenema on the pod....friggin SCHWWWEEEET!!!

Yeah, Vinz, that's the shit. Track 3 and 4 used get rocked on the way to the 'Ghee every time!

Still cant get off "Man comes around" Masked & Anynomous soundtrack, new BEP, Del McCoury.
    What I am NOT rockin is Johnnie Lang's new album.
    Heard his stuff & caught him live a few. Kid freakin tears it up. amazing blues guitarist. I was amped for his new album.
    Well the folks over @ A & M convinced him he's a frikkin sngwriter & dubbed some bad beats in & wont let him play guitar.
    his new album sux, sux, sux.

Lets see got TOOL undertow(there best album in my opinion) in the car CD player, got Perfect Circle 13 Steps in the room, and on the discman got Allison Krauss New Favorite.

Just finished Luna "the Days of Our Nights"

and now on the changer...

<----- "Goats Head Soup"
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Noice. "100 Years Ago" is one of my favorite Stones tracks, not very well known I guess but great.

And obviously Heartbreaker...

Originally posted by The Reverend Floater
    Okay....I'm up for the Pepsi Challenge. You make a mix, I make a mix and we'll see who is rad and who's a barney. BUT, you have to be honest in your critique! And you have to make it YOUR mix, not a mix you think I would like. Include Dido and DG and whatever and see if you can convert me!
    You're on. Now if I can just figure out my cd burner (ok, who's the barney now....)

Hmmm... I like a good challenge.

Thumbs up

I just saw last night Mark Kozelek has a new project called Sun Kil Moon. The CD is already out on Jetset records. Mark is best known for being the frontman of Red House Painters. MSN has streaming audio of the entire album, so I listened to about the first half last night. I was especially excited because I hadn't hear anything about this until yesterday.

Also, Mark is doing a solo tour consisting of only a few dates, but one of them is the Crocodile in Seattle on December 17th.

Anyone else out there a Red House Painters/Kozelek fan? I'll be a little surprised if anyone else is.