Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Originally posted by The AD
    I just saw last night Mark Kozelek has a new project called Sun Kil Moon. The CD is already out on Jetset records. Mark is best known for being the frontman of Red House Painters. MSN has streaming audio of the entire album, so I listened to about the first half last night. I was especially excited because I hadn't hear anything about this until yesterday.

Also, Mark is doing a solo tour consisting of only a few dates, but one of them is the Crocodile in Seattle on December 17th.

Anyone else out there a Red House Painters/Kozelek fan? I'll be a little surprised if anyone else is.
    Surprise!

I'm a half RHP fan (in that i've never really made a concentrated effort to get to know them, but I do like what I've heard). I really like Mark's voice. You should try Pinback (blue screen life), similar vocals sort of sometimes.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Originally posted by bossass
    Surprise!

I'm a half RHP fan (in that i've never really made a concentrated effort to get to know them, but I do like what I've heard). I really like Mark's voice. You should try Pinback (blue screen life), similar vocals sort of sometimes.
    I saw you mentioned Belle and Sebastian in another thread, so I thought you might come through for me!

I've never heard of Pinback. Might have to check the out.

Originally posted by Arty50
    Have you seen the new Zep DVD?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago...mind blown.
    no, haven't seen it. I just have a copy of the 'West' CD. Good chit!

Thumbs up

For Anyone That's Listening: Tribute To Uncle Tupelo - Various

Damn Lovlies song onnit made me get their album which is fine too!

New Robert Earl Keen is also a winner

Originally posted by Woodsy

New Robert Earl Keen is also a winner
    Damned straight, my brotha.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

the new rancid isn't that bad....
    shut up and ski

Surfs Up

lately I have been listening to the Los Straightjackets and Dick Dale.

When I want to be blue, it has been Peter Green, the John Mayall birthday disc, Buddy Guy & Junior Wells @ the Chicago blues festival, Face to Face by John Lee Hooker, Blues Deluxe by Joe Bonnomossa and the new Indigenous
    So by this time, she was ...

Originally posted by dude_le_skibum
    the new rancid isn't that bad....
    [sickboy]
    No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just..................... shite
    [/sickboy]

Spearhead
    Howlin Wolf, the London Sessions
    Other Spearhead
    Taj Blues

i had lost all my Spearhead and just had them replaced by a kind soul. I listened to the 2 albums for 10 straight hours while driving home from CO last weekend.
    Then yesterday I saw a Spearhead thread on this board somewhere, and emailed the band detailing to them how my groover aint groovin and i was jonesing to see something beautiful around these parts. [keeping fingers crossed]

Originally posted by iskibc

Zep- how the west was won
    Boy, this thing was hyped a lot, but 20 minute drum solos, I don't know....and those violin/guitar things....jeez........The BBC Sesions are so much better.

I was suprised by a new cd by Michael MacDonald I heard recently called "Motown". Here's someone who hasn't been around for 20 years, and suddenly he shows up with one of the best white man soul records of all time. Who woulda thunk.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 11-29-2003 at 12:54 AM.

I'm listening to The Shins Chutes too Narrow right now. Extremely catchy stuff.

Originally posted by Woodsy
    For Anyone That's Listening: Tribute To Uncle Tupelo - Various
    Woody for Alt(a) Country,

You need to check out Old 97's and a cd titled "Lost and Found: Vol 1" put out by Lost Highway Records - just do a search for it on the net cause I still haven't found it anywhere here in SLC since Tower went OOB (out of bidness).
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

One of the Blue Note Cover Series albums:

"Natty Dread" by the Charlie Hunter Quartet.

All I have to say is BUY THIS!!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Re: What you been jammin' to lately?

Originally posted by bossass

Also, recently the Hot Snakes.
    If you like the Hot Snakes you might like John Reese's previous band (aside from Rocket from the Crypt), Drive Like Jehu. Jehu is definitely a bit crazier than Hot Snakes though and were waaaay ahead of their time.

Recently been rockin to Small Brown Bike's latest, "The River Bed' on Lookout Records. Lightened up their sound a bit and remind me a little of Jawbox type stuff now.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

[sickboy]
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just..................... shite
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/sickboy]

Props for the sickboy quote...very nice.

My favorite though is: "Pussygalore...what a total f***ing misnomer. I wouldn't touch her with yours"

sorry the the thread hijack.....

Anyone into Death Cab for Cutie? Heard some good stuff about them, but have been unable to check them out. Any comparisons? Thanks

Originally posted by Arty50
    One of the Blue Note Cover Series albums:

"Natty Dread" by the Charlie Hunter Quartet.

All I have to say is BUY THIS!!!!
    bought it once when it was limited release, wore it out & bought it again when they re-released it.
    CH is ususally $$