Toe Slop - New Salomon Bindings / Dalbello Boots

I am pretty sure I know what everyone is going respond with respect to this thread... "go your ski shop"... but I'll ask anyway.

I just got a whole new set up - salomon lord skis, salomon sth 14 drivers, dalbello blenders, had my bindings mounted the other day, but when I got home realized that the toe of my boots are sloppy on the toe piece of the binding.

When you apply downward pressure to the boot, the boot toe rests on the AFD, but when you pull upwards on the toe, it moves vertically upward until hits the binding.

1) Does the sth driver line have a vertical adjustment?
    2) If not - are larger AFD pieces available?
    3) Or - what are my other options?

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by gointhedistance View Post
    I am pretty sure I know what everyone is going respond with respect to this thread... "go your ski shop"... but I'll ask anyway.

I just got a whole new set up - salomon lord skis, salomon sth 14 drivers, dalbello blenders, had my bindings mounted the other day, but when I got home realized that the toe of my boots are sloppy on the toe piece of the binding.

When you apply downward pressure to the boot, the boot toe rests on the AFD, but when you pull upwards on the toe, it moves vertically upward until hits the binding.

1) Does the sth driver line have a vertical adjustment?
    2) If not - are larger AFD pieces available?
    3) Or - what are my other options?

Thanks for your help.
    If they are the "z" models they are "auto adjusting" toe height. If they are a regular toe you'll see a huge standard screw in the middle of the binding...thats where you adjust that. That being said, if you just had them done take them back to the effin shop and have them make it right.

STH have the adjustment screw.

I'd go back to the shop and massacre everybody within sight with two katanas. It's the only way to be sure.

Then go home, snap your boots into your bindings, insert your driver's license between the AFD and your boot sole, then turn down the adjustment screw until there's no daylight between said interface, then get ready to destroy some cops - 'cause they'll be comin'!

Those bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post

I'd go back to the shop and massacre everybody within sight with two katanas. It's the only way to be sure.

Then go home, snap your boots into your bindings, insert your driver's license between the AFD and your boot sole, then turn down the adjustment screw until there's no daylight between said interface, then get ready to destroy some cops - 'cause they'll be comin'!

Those bastards!
    That just made my day, HAHAHA that's some seriously funny shit.

STH driver = adjustable toe height.
    STH (non driver) = non adjustable toe height.

Re:

Thanks bros... yeah - after looking at them a little closer I figured it out...

They are the drivers - so I just took a flathead to the giant-cant-miss-it screw in the middle of the toe piece.

As for the ski shop employees... they are no more.

Good advice - especially Jer.
    -deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Quote Originally Posted by gointhedistance View Post
    Good advice - especially Jer.
    an immovable object confronts an unstoppable force.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    If they blew it on the toe height adjustment you might want to check the wings too. Make sure the toe wings touch both sides of the boot, firmly. If there's a gap between your boot and the bindings, adjust the screw on the side to bring them in. One screw on the side adjusts both wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post

Those bastards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.