Snowstorm Timelapse

let me know if it's a repeat.

20 hours in 40 seconds:

It's a repeat, but it's dope.

Wonder what it was recorded on. (storage wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Wonder what it was recorded on. (storage wise)
    my canon g9 takes direct-to-vid timelapses that don't take much space at all. it comes out as a single AVI file that's a few megabytes per 4h worth of real-time.

That's cool as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    my canon g9 takes direct-to-vid timelapses that don't take much space at all. it comes out as a single AVI file that's a few megabytes per 4h worth of real-time.
    So it probably just grabs a few stills per minute, which I'm guessing is adjustable.....nice!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Badass, where is that?
    I think it's Long Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    So it probably just grabs a few stills per minute, which I'm guessing is adjustable.....nice!
    the canon has the option of doing 1fps or 0.5fps (one still every two seconds). calculations show that the video was doing one still every 60 seconds so either a better camera or edited in post-processing. i can do at most 4 hours on mine.

edit: here's one that i did last winter, at 1fps contains about two hours worth:

My D5000 has programable timelapse...... 999 frames max, with upto 24hrs between each frame, Image settings as per standard camera settings (i.e. Can be as big or small a filesize as you wish)

Biggest issue is power...Use a fresh battery, turn-off the screen, etc.... or get a direct power adaptor.

spook Guest
    love it....

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Wait. I have a G9. How do you do this? do you have to switch to video mode or something?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out myself. Expect some timelapse videos from me soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    My D5000 has programable timelapse...... 999 frames max, with upto 24hrs between each frame, Image settings as per standard camera settings (i.e. Can be as big or small a filesize as you wish)

Biggest issue is power...Use a fresh battery, turn-off the screen, etc.... or get a direct power adaptor.

You may want to check out http://www.diyphotobits.com/, its a free script that allows teethered shooting of most Nikon DSLRs including the D5000. Its pretty cool, and allows you automatically upload your images on to your computer as they are taken. Plus removes the 999 frame limit.