Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Be careful with Bauers. Most of the cork dragged models went kaput over time. Jon is a really good guy and dear friend of ours, but we had to stop selling them due to all the issues. We brought in the Rogues only to watch them sit, so not enough feedback really.

In regards to Jack Charleton, Mako didn't buy him out, its just his latest incarnation in the reel market.

Danielson has never been in the hook or walmart reel biz, they invented the large arbor for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    WHa...?!!! Danielson, don't they just make 10-cent snelled hooks and reels a couple notches below a Wal-Mart Pflueger?

, I've had my head stuck up works arse so far for the last couple years I'm falling behind on EVERYTHING...
    What a difference an "S" makes!

This is the Danielson you're thinking of: http://www.danielsonoutdoors.net/about.html
    ...a 'mercan cumpny makin fishing tackle for 'mercan fisher people.

This is Danielsson the reel maker: http://www.danielsson-flyreels.se/in...kgrund&lang=en
    ...a Svedish compney, mekking händ crefted Svedish reels fer sperting entooseasts.

Danielsson reels can also tell time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome and Staad.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by mushmouth View Post
    What a difference an "S" makes!

This is the Danielson you're thinking of: http://www.danielsonoutdoors.net/about.html
    ...a 'mercan cumpny makin fishing tackle for 'mercan fisher people.

This is Danielsson the reel maker: http://www.danielsson-flyreels.se/in...kgrund&lang=en
    ...a Svedish compney, mekking händ crefted Svedish reels fer sperting entooseasts.

Danielsson reels can also tell time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome and Staad.
    Danielsson are not Henschel (which i have for sale for $525!) or Charlton.
    вы все все равно скоро сдохнете

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Then I finds out HOW far outa the loop I've been and see old Jack Charleton (not the former Seattle Mariner's 50-50 reliever named Norm), but the humble Skagit Valley machinist, has morphed or been bought out and is now MAKO.
    Jack sold the OLD line to Scientific Angler (about 10 years ago) and started making Mako Reels about 5 years ago.

Mako are all him and his wife.

And humble Skagit Valley machinist?
    Dude is a goddamn NASA engineer!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Be careful with Bauers. Most of the cork dragged models went kaput over time.
    Yeah, I've had a few cork drags kick the bucket on me, but my Bauer has been solid. Regardless, I'm looking for something low/no maintenance so I won't be buying a Bauer this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by likwid View Post
    Jack sold the OLD line to Scientific Angler (about 10 years ago) and started making Mako Reels about 5 years ago.

Mako are all him and his wife.

And humble Skagit Valley machinist?
    Dude is a goddamn NASA engineer!
    Yeah, that creep can roll, man. But I'm not looking to spend a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoWill View Post
    Yeah, that creep can roll, man. But I'm not looking to spend a grand.
    I was considering selling my Mako.
    Then I fished it again, and realized why its the greatest fly reel ever made.

Definitely not for everyone, but they're not just a fly reel, but an investment.
    Older Charlton reels are going for 5000-10,000 these days.

Just pulled the trigger on the Hatch 7 Plus. I wasn't in a hurry since the snow's still flying up here, but I found a smoking deal on a drift boat a couple weeks ago that was too good to pass. The boat re-sparked my search so now I have a new (to me) boat in the garage and new reel on the way. Hot damn!

Of course, the wife doesn't know about the reel yet.

Picking up the new boat:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drift Boat.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	95795

Congrats and good choice!
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

sucks that there's only 3 rivers in this state you worth putting a drift boat on...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    sucks that there's only 3 rivers in this state you worth putting a drift boat on...
    Eh, could be worse.

Great thread. Decided last night I'm going to treat myself to a new reel and thought I better check the fishing forum today before prying open my wallet.