Silverton Thurs. and Fri.

Anybody going? It's looking like it'll be good....

Hit me up.

Also looking for some touring buddies for after the storm!
    "I reckon i'm one of the only people who could ski this line" says my drunk friend

I'll be up there Sunday

right on. dunno if i can make it sunday. also not sure how this storm is gonna play out and what the snow will be like on sunday.

you have a touring setup? I'd really like to get out and do some bc after this storm.

skied yesterday up around the ski area on the west side of the road and it was goooood :-)

btw, I'm pretty sure I boated with you a bit last summer or something (just some playboating at corner pocket). Let's try to hook up and ski, 970-749-sixty six forty four
    "I reckon i'm one of the only people who could ski this line" says my drunk friend

My wife and I, plus two more non-mags will be up there Fri/Sat. Come ask for change... green jacket/brown pants.

Any plans for NYE?

Fingers crossed the passes don't close.
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

Gonna be there Saturday and Sunday, might tour Sunday
    Last edited by KillingCokes; 12-29-2010 at 04:40 PM.

sweet. I'm pretty set on skiing silverton thurs and friday. On saturday and sunday I think I have other obligations. Monday-Wednesday will most likely be touring days.

My likely outfit will be red jacket, dark green pants, brown smith helmet, gopro w/ chest harness thingy and avalung.

A non-mag and I will be up there tomorrow. Can't tour next week, but would be down next weekend. We are both boarders, but I got a split and the whole setup. Hit me up if you see me, or if you want to share a ride or anything. We'll be leaving Durango at 7.

Me: Rust red pants, black/grey jacket, green helmet w/ contourhd cam on top. Rocking a red Venture Storm.

cool. I've been trying to get some others motivated to go via facebook and have one girl who for sure wants to go (don't know if she can keep up or not....)

I assume you want to ski from open to close, yeah? Maybe pm me your phone number and if it's just the four of us, we can all share a ride. If it doesn't work out, maybe we can meet up and ski at the mountain. And if that doesn't work out, perhaps some touring later on.

I might be there.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. JJ's (tele) Blue coat, grey pants. KillingCokes I am with a group of 5 but we all have our gear and will most likely be down to tour Sunday. I'd love to ski with ya...

REALLY wish I was there today...
    You should have been here yesterday!

Just booked Sunday, stoked to get the hell out of Aspen as it is a complete shit show during the holidays

I just booked Sunday too, should be a great day.

Really wish I was there today too, drove all the way the gate, and both Coal Bank and Molas were closed. Purg was pretty nice, but got too tracked out fast.

will be there on Saturday and Sunday......just booked and stoked. Will be driving to vail to pickup some folks then headed down, suggestions on the passes and road closures? N & S 550 are closed right now - woman at Silverton said 550 would be open from the S tomorrow.

JG

Welp, I guess this explains why it's taking them so long to open the pass:

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Welp, I guess this explains why it's taking them so long to open the pass:

[hudge avy pic]
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gl...,0.009645&z=17

Place is gnar gnar...
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Thinking of heading to Silverton this Thursday & Friday -- will unguided terrain be tracked out - or should I spring for guided to get the goods?
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Quote Originally Posted by robgoose View Post
    Thinking of heading to Silverton this Thursday & Friday -- will unguided terrain be tracked out - or should I spring for guided to get the goods?
    Go unguided if the option is there. Yesterday our guide took us on one run that wasn't open to unguided skiers and it wasn't anything to write home about (and opened to the unguided people shortly after we hit it).

The stashes that he showed us consisted of skiing heavy and set up snow in really, really tight trees. Not a mystery why nobody had skied in there... I get that he was trying to deliver us some pow with the limited amount of terrain he/we had access to.

We did catch one rope drop perfectly thanks to his radio (dropped in past the first rock outcropping, can't remember the name of the run, Waterfall maybe) and the untracked snow we did get was really, really wind affected and slabby.

Not trying to sound like a whiny bitch or hate on Silverton as I've had some seriously amazing days there, just being honest about my experience and the conditions this time around.

Un

mark

ed

ob

stack

ick

stelles

may

x

ist!

Anybody hit Silverton Mt. today?

Think I'm going up tomorrow. How's it ski'n?
    Gravity Junkie

Call Mike F. He and the boys did. 'Packed powder, skied out and busy.'
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

honestly, I would go bc cause it's skiing great. No clue about silverton mountain right now....