Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love that song

We should just have one Mike Wilson thread now...

He's pure awesome.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

the show isn't going to focus entirely on skiing... from what i've heard it's only a minor part of the show with tons of other crazy shit such as his rope swings and base jumping. someone should get him and pastrana together.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I am not saying the 1k to 2k of dudes here would not get it, it is just the rest of the world does not care about skiing. They care about snowboarders....you know, nice people.
    The rest of the world does not really care all that much about snowboarders. They care about Shawn White, but that is the only name most know. The difference between skiers and snowboarders, relative to team sport athletes, is not all that much.

That video was insane. Great footage, very clear and well shot. I love watching people ski McConkey's. That footage belongs in a movie next fall. It was much cooler than any of the park stuff MSP/Poor Boyz/TGR shot last year. I would rather watch that then the Alyeska park session.

I hope Wilson does get a show. He certainly deserves one. It was also nice to see him make technical turns down McConkey's, that really impressed me. He is not just a throw yourself off a cliff guy.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    The rest of the world does not really care all that much about snowboarders. They care about Shawn White, but that is the only name most know. The difference between skiers and snowboarders, relative to team sport athletes, is not all that much.

That video was insane. Great footage, very clear and well shot. I love watching people ski McConkey's. That footage belongs in a movie next fall. It was much cooler than any of the park stuff MSP/Poor Boyz/TGR shot last year. I would rather watch that then the Alyeska park session.

I hope Wilson does get a show. He certainly deserves one. It was also nice to see him make technical turns down McConkey's, that really impressed me. He is not just a throw yourself off a cliff guy.
    On Fuel TV there are at least 5 snowboard shows.....no ski shows. On MTV, I heard about a snowboard show....no shawn white.

That video sucked. He did not even land the double. meh.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

No question he's insane. I feel like he crashes on like 75% off the stuff he does bc its so fucking big and has such a sketchy landing. I don't know how he still walks.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

That video sucked. He did not even land the double. meh.
    Video didn't suck, you're old.

Dude Das Blunt's like 14 and posting from his Mom's basement right now.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    No question he's insane. I feel like he crashes on like 75% off the stuff he does bc its so fucking big and has such a sketchy landing. I don't know how he still walks.
    In that video it was like 95% crashes.
    Terje was right.

In that video it was like 95% crashes.
    very true, but I cant think of anyone else that's going as big as him these days. Has anyone ever thrown a full back over the fingers and landed it like he did a month ago?
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

He landed it, his skiis just couldn't handle the truth.

Like Andrew Mcauley's journey kayaking from Australia to New Zealand. He arrived, but probably a rogue wave flipped his damaged kayak right as he was 30k from Milford Sound, with land in sight. Some say he didn't "make it". He did paddle from Australia to Milford Sound.

Saying either didnt do it is evil. Nobody else has the ability to even try.

Quote Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
    He landed it, his skiis just couldn't handle the truth.

Like Andrew Mcauley's journey kayaking from Australia to New Zealand. He arrived, but probably a rogue wave flipped his damaged kayak right as he was 30k from Milford Sound, with land in sight. Some say he didn't "make it". He did paddle from Australia to Milford Sound.

Saying either didnt do it is evil. Nobody else has the ability to even try.
    sorry, he did not land it. evil? meh.

quit sucking his cock.
    Terje was right.

Just, stop dude. Seriously.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I don't know where it is on the web, but I liked that ropeswing/cliffjumping session vid that was floating around a while ago. His quad backflips off a 90-foot ropes is badass any day of the week. If anyone has a link, I'm sure people would watch it again..

Quote Originally Posted by theswedishthing View Post
    I don't know where it is on the web, but I liked that ropeswing/cliffjumping session vid that was floating around a while ago. His quad backflips off a 90-foot ropes is badass any day of the week. If anyone has a link, I'm sure people would watch it again..
    can't embed the vimeo, because it's private, but:

rope swing into truckee river (cooler, imo):

Crash or no crash you have to be flat out amazed at what this guy is doing right now. Almost everything he does I watch and I'm basically speechless. The guy is taking it to another level and even if he does fall he is trying to land everything unlike jaime pierre.

I remember watching some segment of his where he says something along the lines of "its amazing how much confidence I get just from wearing a helmet and mouth-guard, unfortunately I'm probably not somebody that needs more confidence"

The guy really makes me question my manhood. It's too bad GM stopped selling Hummers...it'd be an easy way to compensate.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post

I remember watching some segment of his where he says something along the lines of "its amazing how much confidence I get just from wearing a helmet and mouth-guard, unfortunately I'm probably not somebody that needs more confidence"

some of the best not landed tricks:

^ such a sick segment.

Ya can't really knock the guy, no one else is landing shit like that right now. Look at Seth ten years ago trying huge inverts in AK and getting crushed. What happened 3 years later? He was sticking them and still is. Wilson's gonna be sticking this shit soon then people are gonna have to STFU.

His positional awareness is insane, in the middle of multiple rotations how he'll extend, tuck, extend again to control the speed of his rotation. Not to mention the hits he takes. He's super human. Just hope he stays healthy.

Don't know how to embed it but you can hear his landing in this one, that couldn't feel good.

Jeezus.

Yikes! That moment when you finish your rotation and see that you're still 15ft off the ground! Uhhhhh, over rotating to your ass suuuucks! My tailbone hurts just watching.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Wilson's gonna be sticking this shit soon then people are gonna have to STFU.
    While he obviously over-rotated this one, most of the other hucks he's doing are taken right to his feet. The only reason he's not sticking them is because he's taking them well beyond any tranny (and some of his landings are completely devoid of any reasonable tranny to begin with). He doesn't seem to care. Give him an 80 footer with a good, steep landing and he's skiing out of it, no question. And if he doesn't stick it the first time, he'll go back up and do it again.
    or don't

Yeah, I heard the landing as well. It sounded like a ton of bricks hitting concrete.....and then he just stood up and skied away. The kid is very very strong. And one of the nicest guys I know, too. Mike does try to land everything. I saw him land some burly airs yesterday morning on Granite that not many would have pulled off. We need to get this kid up to AK in a heli and I think he could give us some Seth Morrison caliber entertainment off cliffs.
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

Oh, and that gate opening was just Sun Bowl. and from a couple days ago...I cheated a bit there, sorry. But I thought you'd think it fun to watch.
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!