Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    First day on plum guide (drilled on dps w99), and two pre-release on ice. It never happened to me before with vertical, radical and speed dynafit. I've checked twice the mount and everything looks ok. This was not fun.

two touring days and a hill day on guides...

Released once... probably a good thing as I'm pretty sure a snow snake got me. The leash popped off but I think if I beater having it pop isn't a really bad thing if the ski is stuck.

I think I need to eliminate the ramp angle... but having a whole three days on fix heel gear I probably have some technique issues as well. That being said I have made a pair of 6mm shims outta cutting board and once I get some screws I'm gonna give 'em a whirl.

Moving the heel lifter has resulted in much comedy for others... so many holes...
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    First day on plum guide (drilled on dps w99), and two pre-release on ice. It never happened to me before with vertical, radical and speed dynafit. I've checked twice the mount and everything looks ok. This was not fun.
    Uncool. Have the exact same combo. Have hit mine hard and never prereleased, DIN at 9. Have come off only when they should. What boots are you using? TLT5s here

Bummer. Vertical or lateral release? I've been on Plum Guides since March '11 on four different skis, zero prereleases. I used to average 1 or 2 per season on Vertical, Comfort and Classic heels (always vertical, never lateral).

You're an industry geek ... I'm hesitant to even ask such a silly question, but ... did you make sure to adjust both the Y and Z axes?

Maybe there's something helpful in this article? http://www.wildsnow.com/1549/dynafit...t-tips-tricks/

You're Plum Guides are totally unreliable! Prereleases, no brakes, steep ramp angles. You should most definitely go back to Dynafits and sell me you Guides... for cheap!
    I love 'em and will overlook all these issues.

Boots are maestrale RS. Both axes checked, in both cases the toe opened. I'll give them another chance for sure....

. . . in both cases the toe opened.
    I'm probably not the best person to comment on this - I usually ski with them locked unless I'm in tight trees. There's something to be said for the Dynafit "Power Towers" - IMO the best tech binding currently available would be a combo of the Radical toepiece and the Plum heel.

Boots are maestrale RS. Both axes checked, in both cases the toe opened. I'll give them another chance for sure....
    Forgot to mention... I ski with the toe on the ski mode, as I've always done with dynafits

I managed to break one of my guide toe levers today. Anybody have an extra?

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    Pics? What vintage? Where did it break. Sorry, can't help you with a spare. You could contact The Backcountry (dot net, not dot com) in Truckee, they have Plum spare parts.

remember to check your Plum forward pressure adjustment screws for proper torque. Mine were a bit loose today 4 days of use after I last adjusted them. I use blue locktite on them.

You should contact Mattheu at Plum. I have a set of the old levers that are unused and are take offs when I replaced them with the newer version.

Shout at me if you want them.
    watch out for snakes

Here are some pics of the broken lever.

The lever got stuck in tour mode at the end of a skin up, I had to apply some force to get it unstuck and into ski mode.

At the bottom when I was going to skin up I pulled toe lever up it was stuck again. After applying some force again it snapped, I think I possibly the metal was fatigued by the lever sticking previously.

I was having problems with the other lever as well, after applying some silicone lube it works perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356892664.074535.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	129039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356892677.605131.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	129040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356892690.921702.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	129041

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    Pics? What vintage? Where did it break. Sorry, can't help you with a spare. You could contact The Backcountry (dot net, not dot com) in Truckee, they have Plum spare parts.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have posted some pics of the damage.

Has anyone had an issue where the black piece around the pin breaks? I Have the 2013 Guide and this happened after the second day.

OMFG! CNC!!

/sorry, can't help myself.
    Life is not lift served.

Here are some pics of the broken lever.

The lever got stuck in tour mode at the end of a skin up, I had to apply some force to get it unstuck and into ski mode.

At the bottom when I was going to skin up I pulled toe lever up it was stuck again. After applying some force again it snapped, I think I possibly the metal was fatigued by the lever sticking previously.

I was having problems with the other lever as well, after applying some silicone lube it works perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356892664.074535.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	129039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356892677.605131.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	129040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356892690.921702.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	129041
    that stinks.

what riser shim are you running under the toe?
    i'm thinking about adding a shim to reduce the ramp angle.

and how thick is it?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    that stinks.

and how thick is it?
    Shims are from B&D and are 1/4". They add the perfect amount to my current setup to keep me feeling balanced.

If you happen to break your toe lever, this is the solution to get you back to the car. Using what I had in my pack gives me ghetto walk mode. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356914880.657051.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	129068

No more prerelease but I decided the ramp angle is not the best I've been skiing on

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    that stinks.

and how thick is it?
    i added an 8mm riser myself, and is mucho better
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

No more prerelease but I decided the ramp angle is not the best I've been skiing on
    agreed, until i admonished myself "HANDS FORWARD BITCH!!" i could not drive my W105s effectively.
    what's the ramp angle comparo on plum vs. vertical; i never noticed an issue when skiing my verticals (although they were mounted on a diffierent ski).

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    i added an 8mm riser myself, and is mucho better
    good to hear, i will add some shortly.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

That's good. I'm running the exact same setup as you, but with the 2011-2012 Maestrale (not RS), and it's been perfect over about 10 touring days. I'm not gentle on gear either. Shouldn't be prereleasing!

Measured ramp angle in plum, vertical and radical. The two dynafit are identical (and I never had any issue skiing 'em), in the plum the toe is 3-4 mm lower than dynafit. It seriously affected my skiing.
    Marshal, i should de-drill the w99, add the riser and re-drill.. Any particular suggestion? Many grazie!