Talking Me + Bikes video

Took a break from skiing pow to put together an edit from my riding this summer.

With the exception of the Moab HoDown, it was all shot around Jackson. 99% of it on Teton Pass.

Cameos include Beaterdit and Ridevt...and Willie, the shred dog.

Last edited by SkiJunky05; 12-25-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Solid Edit!! That was great, seriously.

Nice mix of camera angles. Be sure to mention that a lot of your Teton Pass riding was done on a Mojo (not the HD kind!). Siiick.

Also, at the end of the Ghee DH race when you could hear your breathing and heart beat, that was a cool effect. Did you have to modify the sound for that at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

That kicked ass skijunky!
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Oh, do you have any more footage of the Ho-Down?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Sick riding and sick vid.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! On the very last clip I just upped the volume from my GoPro and dropped the music low so the announcer could be heard a bit more clearly.
    Starting to get a schedule together for next summer...its a damn shame everything is so far away (angel fire, downieville, ashland, whistler, etc) but I'd love to train and do more super D races.

Sweet A! That's a damn proud ski line in the intro too.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    Thanks guys! On the very last clip I just upped the volume from my GoPro and dropped the music low so the announcer could be heard a bit more clearly.
    so that is your actual heartbeat that the camera picked up? really?
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."

Nice video. Snow and dirt!

Good work on the Targhee DH win.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    so that is your actual heartbeat that the camera picked up? really?
    Whoa, I think it is. I hadn't noticed that before! I guess I hadn't had it turned up loud enough to hear that before, but yea...I had the open back on the GoPro and had taken enough EPO and HGH to kill a horse.

Moose- tons of footie from the HoDown...but the chest mount + porc rim + me panting = blair witch project

Starting to get a schedule together for next summer...its a damn shame everything is so far away (angel fire, downieville, ashland, whistler, etc) but I'd love to train and do more super D races.
    Ashland was by far my favorite race last year. It's not techy or DH-y at all. But it's 12-miles and 5000 vertical feet of fast, flowy, and well-built singletrack (with some high-speed fireroads thrown in). I don't know if I'll be able to race it in 2011, but I'll probably go up for a weekend just to tool around (and maybe slip in a Black Rock day).

Downieville is only kind of a super d. The first day is a pretty brutal cross-country race; the second day is the downhill, which is a proper super d. But you have to do the cross-country on the first day to be able to do the downhill on the second day. Also, you have to register for the downhill within the first 10-30 seconds of registration to get a space. There are plenty of spots for the cross-country, which is more Type II fun in my view.

Whoa, I think it is. I hadn't noticed that before! I guess I hadn't had it turned up loud enough to hear that before, but yea...I had the open back on the GoPro and had taken enough EPO and HGH to kill a horse.
    Holy shit! That makes it MUCH cooler. I thought it was something you found on the web and added in!

The HGH must have caused some massive cardiac hypertrophy.

Yeah you should listen closely to a lot of those chest mount camera clips.

You can usually hear heartbeats when they're over something thin like a bike jersey.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

My only goal for next year is to finish the Ho-Down Super D within 45 seconds of SkiJunky.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Nice edit..
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

This video evokes feelings in me that are sick and wrong. I spent today skiing some of the best pow of the season, but after watching this video now I just want to get my bike out.

Not sure how I missed this until today. Super fun too watch; nice work on the edit, and the riding.
    Keep it unclipped

That was fun man. Any info on how you rigged up the helmet pole with the self recording? Thought that was a cool angle

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    My only goal for next year is to finish the Ho-Down Super D within 45 minutes of SkiJunky.
    More like it for me!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

AWESOME!! I really want to ride with you guys up there this summer...
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

That was sweet! Though I must say I was a little disappointed when Del didn't kick in on the first song

that was siiiick! nice angles