Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Great thanks guys. Really appreciate the input.
    Will call guv or go with one of matt's guys at TVS.

Contact Skiing In Jackson before you go. He does great work, and while he doesn't stock boots, he can get just about anything in 24-48 hours and will definitely help you get into the right shell, and make it work.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Spoke with Scott at nomad. Guv doesn't do fittings anymore. Scott seemed nice and said that if they didn't have the right boots they would send me somewhere that did. Made an appt with him to have something to fall back on. My question now is what shops in the village have the largest inventory so I'd have the best chance at getting something without having to bounce around. Seems like all the places on the mountain have experienced fitters. At least I'm not hearing "stay away from..." Thanks.
    Last edited by zeak; 03-08-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Scott is great at Nomad!! If he doesn't have it, he ll call around

Tom at Jackson Hole Sports is another good option. He has been around awhile and knows his boots. He posts here some, but never did learn his handle here. Pretty good selection of boots.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by zeak View Post
    Spoke with Scott at nomad. Guv doesn't do fittings anymore. Scott seemed nice and said that if they didn't have the right boots they would send me somewhere that did. Made an appt with him to have something to fall back on. My question now is what shops in the village have the largest inventory so I'd have the best chance at getting something without having to bounce around. Seems like all the places on the mountain have experienced fitters. At least I'm not hearing "stay away from..." Thanks.
    Well, it is March, and stock is getting low at all the stores, or that's what I'm hearing. I personally am a Matt Sheetz fan. He put me in a boot a few years back and it changed my skiing. I've tried to get boots from other people, and have always gone back to Matt when things didn't work.

thanks. ended up switching my flight so am getting in earlier and will be able to see matt sheets after all. he told me that inventory is getting low, but i'm hopeful he can make it work. i'll update when i return. thanks to everyone for their input.

I am sure he will put you in the redones.

iscariot