Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Forgot to add this pic...

This is what my leg looked like after I pulled my brace off from skiing for the first time since surgery. 4.5 months post op. Looks worse than it was. The bruising color was just dye from the brace straps...and my leg looked normal by the time I got home.

Needless to say I don't crank the brace down like this anymore, and it doesn't come out like this anymore
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 04-27-2005 at 12:55 AM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Did it swell at all?
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

From the looks of my shin in that pic it looks like it did, but it really didn't....if it did, it didn't last very long at all. No swelling issues at all any of the other times I've gone as well.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Well then, you are back!

5.5 month post-op update

OK...I'm ending this short of 6 months. Here's the 5.5 month post-op report:

My lines on Nov 16th '04:

My line on April 29th '05 (this photo isn't mine, but I just found it on biglines and drew my line in)...the climb up was more of a challenge than the descent by far. Me, slim, skier666, telenater, & Geoff Small hiked up along the lookers left ridge and it was a hell of a rocky scramble on the ridgelines. If it weren't for slim and smally helping me out with pole assists to get me over some rocky cruxes that I couldn't get my knee over, I wouldn't have made it. Then at the top before dropping in I was like, "WTF am I doing here? I haven't skied anything significant in nearly 6 months.". But following the tracks of 666, slim, and Smally helped with confidence and it felt so damn good descending. Snow was boot deep mid-winter pow. Kinda sloughy but well-bonded. I wasn't able to completely rip it like I wanted, but just a few months earlier, I didn't even think I'd be skiing til next year. so I'll take it. Thanks again guys for the help and motivation on the climb up...wouldn't have made it to the top without 'cha.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 05-01-2005 at 11:40 PM.
    One Gear, Two Planks

So stoked for you, and inspried by you bro...your recovery keeps me motivated.

Thanks. Now go buy that Madone
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    I wasn't able to completely rip it like I wanted.
    I don't know... you look pretty stoked with how it went.

Kick Ass!

Gimp Central Futbol Club represent! Returned to the indoor pitch tonight and scored a goal in my first 2 minutes! Sooooooo stokedd!!!! Finished off with an assist as well. But ddaaaammmmmnnn am I far from "match" shape. Luckily we had a lot of subs Wore my brace and my knee felt fine...feels fine now afterwards. One scary moment when I thought a big collision with the keeper was coming on but I hurdled him and landed ok. And I'm very very slow in a general "game play" sense...I'm just not thinking ahead a move or two like I used too...I'm just more reacting to what happens around me...oh well, that'll come back. So stoked to be back!!!
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 05-04-2005 at 11:32 PM.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Stoked to hear how you're doing! The sound of your voice after skiing moon crescent on Friday was awesome! And there's still about 4 months in the season, so go keep getting it!!!!!!!

Awesome. Inspiring.
    (and all that jazz)

Sick and ashamed and happy (and thought I was hot shit for making mellow turns at around 5.5 months post op),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut