Fed-Ex Grrrrr......!!

Sent all my ski gear and clothing out west 10 days ago via Fed-Ex ground in preperation of my trip later this week. Gear was supposed to arrive last Friday.
    So this morning I go to check that it arrived and Fed-Ex has no record it was every picked up from the authorized shipping center. (Fortunately I have all my receipts/confirmation numbers.) Shipping center says that Fed-Ex picked it up and Fed-ex says they never got it. And no one knows where the stuff is.

@!#$%#@$#!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!.!.!

anything I can do here (besides thinking about where to rent from...)?
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

FedEx ground is technically not FedEx. They are independent contractors and own their routes.

Thats sucks !

What about calling the authorized shipping center and asking WHATS UP?

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    What about calling the authorized shipping center and asking WHATS UP?
    Yes, did that. The owner of the shipping center remembers me dropping off the item and having fed-ex pick it up the next day. And when he talks to his contacts at fed-ex, fed-ex says they never got it from them.

And it's not like this was a tiny package that could have fallen under the driver's seat. This was several pairs of skis, boots, poles, and all the necessary ski clothing, etc,...

never a better reason to start a new hobby, like knitting or something!

Waiting 10 days to track a package?

Then is sounds like he needs to talk to the driver that did the pick-up. If it is not at his place and not in their system (should have had a scan at the time of the pick-up by the driver - departure) then the driver is the one to answer the question. As the previous post stated- the drivers are independent contractors with FedEx Ground Trucks (from the days of when FedEx purchased another company) - but ultimately the questions to ask are: A. Are the items insured in case they never do surface?

B. If you have the receipt, and this is truly a FedEx facility (and not also some independent mailbox/shipping place) then the fact that you took it to their facility dropped it off and have receipt of that- then the claim process will have to start based on their rules (how long do you have to wait before a claim can be filed, etc.) are things that the FedEx authorized shipping center should be answering and handling as part of their job in this whole process. You did not do anything to pick the driver etc. and went through the proper process if in fact the shipping center is a FedEx facility they are responsible for the loss.

And post this over on the UPS thread on here too. Everyone there thinks UPS is the screw up and FedEx is God and perfect.

http://gizmodo.com/5713709/how-a-man...th-his-package

It's not necessarily the drivers fault, it could be the store. You need to get on it. And no offense, but if you didn't input the tracking number the following day and see the "est. delivery time" you are a moron. 10 days is just stupid as fuck.

And yes, Fedex ground is a different deal. Maybe the guy at the store called Fedex instead. You need to talk to someone different for different types of shipments.

Had a fedex package dropped off at my house last week by a guy in a Uhaul. Do they outsource work during the holidays or is this just part of the overall FedEx Ground/= FedEx deal?

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Then is sounds like he needs to talk to the driver that did the pick-up. If it is not at his place and not in their system (should have had a scan at the time of the pick-up by the driver - departure) then the driver is the one to answer the question. As the previous post stated- the drivers are independent contractors with FedEx Ground Trucks (from the days of when FedEx purchased another company) - but ultimately the questions to ask are: A. Are the items insured in case they never do surface?

B. If you have the receipt, and this is truly a FedEx facility (and not also some independent mailbox/shipping place) then the fact that you took it to their facility dropped it off and have receipt of that- then the claim process will have to start based on their rules (how long do you have to wait before a claim can be filed, etc.) are things that the FedEx authorized shipping center should be answering and handling as part of their job in this whole process. You did not do anything to pick the driver etc. and went through the proper process if in fact the shipping center is a FedEx facility they are responsible for the loss.

And post this over on the UPS thread on here too. Everyone there thinks UPS is the screw up and FedEx is God and perfect.

Thanks. I will tell the owner/manager to check with the driver (although I'm sure he has already).
    The items are insured, but it is more about hassel at this point. Not too excited to have to get the whole family set up with ski gear and clothing again on short notice.

It is an independent place, not an official fed-ex store.

Fortunately I don't need the stuff until next monday (week from today), so I have a week to hopefully get it straigtened out.

Wow.

Several times I was very close to doing the "ship to destination" thing but didn't. And I'm a big Fed Ex fan.

Hope everything works out ok Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Had a fedex package dropped off at my house last week by a guy in a Uhaul. Do they outsource work during the holidays or is this just part of the overall FedEx Ground/= FedEx deal?
    Most likely it's a FedEx driver with a rented truck. The volume of packages throughout December compared to the rest of the year is massive like the Mississippi compared to a smaller tributary and to keep up UPS and FedEx rent trucks and take on drivers assistants so that one pair working together can cover the same route with multiple trucks instead of one driver and one truck for the rest of the year.

Edit for the OP: Small consolation, it can be difficult for FedEx to direct the resources it normally would towards finding your shipment until after the first of the year.
    Last edited by Triage; 12-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Update: Fed-ex just "found" my stuff and it will be delivered tomorrow. Whoo-hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Outsourced/help driver or the regular guys truck broke and since their contractors they have to rent one to do their route.

I'm glad it all worked out. I was just thinking how horrible that would have been losing all your gear and then even with renting you would still have to replace it all which would be a pain (however a little fun at the same time..new gear is new gear)!

Unfortunately, FedEx seems to have gone over to the dark side... I'm sorry to read about the missed shipment, but not suprised after the experience I just had with them. I was out of town for a couple of weeks just as the snow was getting started. FedEx brought a packge up to my house and decided that the best idea was to prop my storm door open and leave the package in the door. Well, we get 50mph at the house all the time and you can imagine the state of the storm door by the time I got home. I called into the service center and opened a complaint. They said the local office would call the next day.

Of course they didn't call. So I call back and they say the local office is working on it and if I don't hear from them the next day I should call back again. Of course, no call is forthcoming... The next day I called in and they had mysteriously closed the case with no details. They offered to open another claim which would progress the same way, but they needed the package number, which of course was no longer right at hand. In the meantime I had pretty much fixed the door and figured to hell with it. But, seriously what a bunch of assholes. I will never ship with them again and will opt for alternative delivery any time its available. Fuck 'em.

Edit: missed your update - that's awesome!