Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Other field gear repair/maintenance needs include ss inserts, boot fasteners, ski poles, tents, packs, whatever where a few more and better tools would be nice to have when the inopportune moment occurs.
    I'm well aware of the plethora of micro bike tools. Like the never ending array of useless flyfishing geegaws them seem more to appeal to the gadget consumers want of purchase than to fulfill some practical need.

My experience with the folding drivers is they aren't sturdy enough for binding replacement; hence the other. Boot fasteners = hex Ski poles (if you've flicklock) = straight blade, same as for dynafit. for repairing poles a hose clamp = straight blade

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I'm well aware of the plethora of micro bike tools. Like the never ending array of useless flyfishing geegaws them seem more to appeal to the gadget consumers want of purchase than to fulfill some practical need.

My experience with the folding drivers is they aren't sturdy enough for binding replacement; hence the other. Boot fasteners = hex Ski poles (if you've flicklock) = straight blade, same as for dynafit. for repairing poles a hose clamp = straight blade
    You're kind of making my main point. The bike tools were a tangential thought and thinking in terms of common tools that could be used year round as part of your always in your pack tools.

Don't get too hung up on gram counting so you don't round out whatever multi-tool direction you like with the missing pieces or weak points. When you have a problem and well away from other resources or short on time, will you have the right tool and parts at your disposal to deal with it efficiently and adequately?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR