Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Built it today......

Moving in this weekend....

Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Nice! What size? 7 footer?

That snow man is gonna be sick!!

Looks like you gave him a nice view too.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

perfect spot for a BC hip. look at that landing

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    Yes how big?

Looks like a great time!

We used the 8/9 foot settings, though it got away from us.

We built it in what can only be described as a (low level) blizzard, just goes to show you that we are completely and totally insane (my wife's words). Amazing...what someone once said, "it doesn't have to be fun, to be fun"...or something along those lines.....

It is partially buried in that shot, so it is actually bigger than it looks. Oh yeah, got in a a few turns also...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Damn. I could really hurt myself on that thing.

This is an igloo, not a kicker, correct? Looks like a cool place to set up shop.

It's the new igloo/kicker
    Aggressive in my own mind

It's a floor polish and a dessert topping!
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by Doober View Post
    This is an igloo, not a kicker, correct? Looks like a cool place to set up shop.
    Yes, Igloo!

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    It's the new igloo/kicker
    Yep....don't think that my boys haven't expressed interest...........it has given me an idea on a killer shot..... just need one of them there Banshee Bungee thingies......
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

So if your wife thinks your insane is it safe to assume that isn't her in the pictures?

Is this some sort of backcountry igloo love palace?

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    So if your wife thinks your insane is it safe to assume that isn't her in the pictures?

Dude, those are pictures of my kids....

The wife....53 Years old. Born in S Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) never touched snow until she was 26....

Me....Old Fart....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Dude, those are pictures of my kids....
    LMFAO...classic.

.....anyway, not offended at all, so not to worry. Could never get my wife up there, even if she was willing, which she is not

Some resort boarding, when the weather is fine is about all I can hope for with her. I am lucky I ever got her on one to begin with. She is not all that interested in suffering, and I don't hold it against her. Now the kids are a different story, game as hell and good at it to boot. They are, and continue to be, what keeps me young....

I plan on spending the night up there on New Years Eve...perhaps you would like to use it for a love palace when I am finished with it.....

Anyone?
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Your wife is a Ridgeback? awesome.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Very cool. Be sure to put a door flap up if you are spending the night. Makes a huge difference.

Seems like a shitty location... Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to take a pee only to get blown off a ridge.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Seems like a shitty location... Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to take a pee only to get blown off a ridge.
    Go outside to pee???

Very cool. Be sure to put a door flap up if you are spending the night. Makes a huge difference.
    Yep, thanks! Old hand at this.....I have been igloo-ing for 10 years now, snow caving before that, and then just plain ol' sleeping out on the snow before that....

Spent Christmas afternoon putting the finishing touches to my home away from home. Then some turns from up above. Very nice!

There it is!

Views are awesome!
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-27-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Helldawg Guest
    Wow, wicked. Nice work.

nice. I need to get one of those, icebox i assume?

Quote Originally Posted by HikeforTurns View Post
    nice. I need to get one of those, icebox i assume?
    Yep. They come in handy, though it takes some practice. Getting the angle of the first row is crucial.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Slept in it on New Years Eve....bloody cold that night. How cold was it? Ask the folks from Victor and Driggs. Effing bloody cold. I touched my tripod with my bare hand. Shit!!! Like sticking your hand in a fire!!!

Did sleep warm though, and woke up to wind and snow. Such is life. Made one run down to the car. Light and fluffy boys, light and fluffy.

Headed for home, but never made it till much later...ended up on a chairlift with the boys!!

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Whats the going rate for a weekend getaway?
    "They need to take that tractor over this thick stuff. I keep getting stuck."

^^ whos tha patroller ripping pow on an alpine board??!?