Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Who said telemark was gay???

IT's true, telemark is a suckah's game. The house always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiehkevarri View Post
    Chamois?

I want to ski like him (knowing that at best I could probably reach about 50-60% of his skills?)...going to Andermatt after New Year w/ free heels.

I dunno, I am 37 and know I am not going to stick switch 1440s (etc) anymore and/or go insanely big/fast. So, tele is another option to get a little more challenge (without having to risk your health, at this age). Did a couple of decent size 3's in the local park the other day w/ tele's..I don't know if anyone cared (heh, prolly not, teenies doing spinny-flippy craziness) but I was really stoked. Hoping to get that same feeling in the pow in the near future...I guess that's what is all about?

Damn, I have a fixed gear SS 29er too..pretty much for the same reasons (ok, it is a funny commuter too).
    heh, the cogs I make so douche hipsters like you can ride a fixed 29er helps finance my suck ass tele skiing...go figure. or is it

i dunno, i sux at teh intraberbs.

http://telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewto...=asc&start=240

For when you need to kill hours at the office, and feed your tele-hating hunger. That thread (I just stumbled across it today, interesting timing), but it is about the worst of the purist BS.

yes, so we all get a good laugh at tele "tardies, but if that hot chick at the bar says she's a tele skier ... well, tell me thats not the gold medal challange for you and your buddies?
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

What did you say after hot chick?
    I lost you there...

Any group of people who use the abbreviation "DPP" for anything besides Double Pussy Penetration have complicated issues. But then, maybe it's euphemism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    yes, so we all get a good laugh at tele "tardies, but if that hot chick at the bar says she's a tele skier ... well, tell me thats not the gold medal challange for you and your buddies?
    Only if the next thing that comes out of her mouth is "and I'm a lesbian, of course"
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Yeah, but how many maggots have heard of Tal Farlow?

Quote Originally Posted by Northville View Post
    Anyone know who made this video, or where some of the skiing may have taken place? Washington? I swear I know one of the guys in it. Shit is funny
    Sweet, AT Anonymous lives on even after 7 years. The reason this movie is still topical and relevant is that despite all the hyped new "advances" in technology, tele gear still sucks and there will always be the draw to the "Dark Side" due to chronic unsatisfaction. The only thing changed is that tele is now less fringe and "cool" so you don't have to cloak your identity to ski alpine or AT.

To answer Northville's questions, I made this movie about 7 years ago. The skiing is done 100% in Northern California -- mostly Tahoe (Dicks Peak, Ralston, Janines, Red Lake) and some East Side (Matterhorn, Yosemite/Hoover, Palisades, Virginia Lakes). The one thing that didn't make the cut (but did make another vid that came out around the same time) was Greydon Clark doing the first known video documented switch tele descent of the Palisades Glacier. That dude still keeps tele real.

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryhg View Post
    http://telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewto...=asc&start=240

For when you need to kill hours at the office, and feed your tele-hating hunger. That thread (I just stumbled across it today, interesting timing), but it is about the worst of the purist BS.
    Wow. Reading that thread makes me feel ashamed for having ever learned to (poorly) tele. What a bunch of drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by chill winston View Post
    The one thing that didn't make the cut (but did make another vid that came out around the same time) was Greydon Clark doing the first known video documented switch tele descent of the Palisades Glacier. That dude still keeps tele real.
    Recently seen skiing with his heels fixed!

loJack Guest
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by chill winston View Post
    The one thing that didn't make the cut (but did make another vid that came out around the same time) was Greydon Clark doing the first known video documented switch tele descent of the Palisades Glacier. That dude still keeps tele real.
    Perhaps the high point of my skiing career.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Recently seen skiing with his heels fixed!
    Its true, after a decade of banging my knee against the top sheet I bought AT gear. Heterosexuality is next.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Heterosexuality is next.
    Even before a Derailleur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Its true, after a decade of banging my knee against the top sheet I bought AT gear. Heterosexuality is next.
    You're dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Even before a Derailleur?
    I gave into the tyranny of the derailleur years ago. (Though I still ride 3000 miles years without a freewheel.)
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

This reminds me of a certain pond skimming competition last year. Tele skier gets drunk, decides to send it off a kicker, heels release, hits the water and splits his head open on the front of his skis. He was knocked unconscious, leaking blood like a sieve and laying in the pond face down, it was at that point I decided never to tele.

Artieeeeeeeee!

I mean, it's fun to fuck around on, I've tried it once before.

But if you're not a joker, come on. can't do any real shit with that. I mean sure maybe drop a couple small cliffs and spin a 3 if you're lucky but that's about it without risk of serious injury to the knees. I couldn't imagine going out every day attached to that shit knowing it can't come off.

I just had to post in this thread.

And note that I'm also a telemarker in remission after jacking one of my big toes, and not getting enough ski days each year to really be in shape for tele.

PS. Who the fuck throws ski poles?
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater View Post
    The same guys that throw golf clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater View Post

Same guy who pokes them through his ski boot.

haha, nater, what up bro??? the telenater meltdown sequence starting about halfway through the vid is one of the finest comedies ever put on film. Beginning with snapping his pole and hucking it down the length of the thunderbolt couloir, and continuing with a stellar 50lb-backpack-driving-you-into-the-crust faceplant, and the snarky snowboarder comment: "ya looked good though...."

Greydon, nice Deerhoof reference. That may have been the trip over Monitor Pass when I was first introduced to "beep beep".

PS. Tele blows.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Same guy who pokes them through his ski boot.
    Wow, another blast from the past. My toenail still grows funny from that one.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979