Thread: Canyon's

Canyon's

How is it going with all of the changes? Is it notably better. Of particular interest is how much better is it to get from the parking lot to skiable stuff? Does it shave off minutes or to soon to tell?

Not trying to bring on a bash. Seeking some honest feedback, and have found the comments in the paper aren't

First let me state "Canyons" is a sucky shithole...nothing anyone does or says will allow me to post anything otherwise to a bunch of internet strangers trying to steal all my pow.

Changes and improvements have been noticeable and much appreciated.

-They have done a bunch of much needed trail clearing and thinning in a bunch of places. (my #1 complaint about the Can in the past, still a lot more work could be done. exp. over on the "darkside".)

-The gondola is across from the top of the Cabriolet so getting there is easy....even better is you can put on your skis by the gondola and ski to the bubble, saving yourself 50yrds of pavement.

-The bubble kicks ass. say goodbye to the bottleneck at the Ganjola.

-The ticket checkers have a "new and improved" attitude. Last year they were Nazis about scanning your pass, Every. Single. Time....This season they are well staffed and will wave you through just visualizing the pass.

-Kudos to management and patrol for getting most of the mountain open for the first day. never in my 11 yrs has the whole mountain opened up with such good conditions

-Free coffee for season passholders. I actually go in the lodge now!

-snowmaking does seem improved

-the new ropetow and ski-out at the bottom of Willow Draw is perfect! you can actually ski back to the bottom of the bubble/base. ...It's not opened yet, but I have been down there a couple times coming back in fro the BC at the end of the day

-I miss smokies. locals need a new place to get a beer. roumor is the umbrella bar being built in the forum now will be a good spot. other places at the base seem too fancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

-Free coffee for season passholders. I actually go in the lodge now!
    That's a super cool (and probably fairly inexpensive way) to give back to your passholders. I wish my home mountains offered that shit.

they got rid of smokies? dammit!

The free Coffee cups are tiny, but they don't seem to keep track, so refills are possible.

Smokies and all adjacent buildings were leveled this summer, the gondola now goes through where smokies used to be. Sad to see it go, some of the best ski days of my life were celebrated there.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Sad to see it go, some of the best ski days of my life were celebrated there.
    You're not done yet...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

glad they are up and running. Conditions suck now, as does every resort in PC. But gondola and bubble chair are pretty cool. Going over the pond in the bubble chair is quite intense. wonder if they have a boat on hand in case someone spills out over it?

Other than the junk/mud show from the construction, everything is looking good. I heard that what they've done now is just "10%" of what the entire plan is. Not sure what the whole show is looking like, but lets just hope they hit time frames from here on out....

... and pull necessary permits...

Canyons stills sucks, everytime I go up there I am very thoroughly underwhelmed and left wondering why i came back... I guess getting a free pass helps but I would still say at this point even a free pass is not reason enough to ski the canyons.

First of all it takes like an hour to get from your car to make your first run, at least three lift rides up and two runs skiing through a bunch of beginners. Why is it that everyone at the canyons ends up in some narrow ass canyon groomed run that is 20 yards wide and PACKED with the most beaters I have seen at any resort in utah. Not to mention that beater run doesn't put you back at the lift you want to ride again, no you have to ride two more lifts to get back to where you started to ski a 800 foot shot of powder, then back to the death groomers with all the beginners.

I can honestly say its the worst resort in Utah, even without mentioning the giant clusterfuck that is the canyons management.

Quote Originally Posted by madtrixskier03 View Post
    I heard that what they've done now is just "10%" of what the entire plan is. Not sure what the whole show is looking like, but lets just hope they hit time frames from here on out....
    haha hope you don't think that is going to happen, canyons is and always will be a giant mess of a shit show. They have some decent looking terrain but to bad every run puts you in a damn "canyon". The layout at the mountain is retarded. There lifts dont make sense where they put them, the flow of the mountain always puts you a ridge over from where you want to be to catch the chair lift... Or you ski out some incredibly flat and boring run for the first half of the lift(9900).

Ohhhh i get free shitty coffee... that totally changes my mind on those losers!

Quote Originally Posted by Powder28 View Post
    haha hope you don't think that is going to happen, canyons is and always will be a giant mess of a shit show. They have some decent looking terrain but to bad every run puts you in a damn "canyon". The layout at the mountain is retarded. There lifts dont make sense where they put them, the flow of the mountain always puts you a ridge over from where you want to be to catch the chair lift... Or you ski out some incredibly flat and boring run for the first half of the lift(9900).

Ohhhh i get free shitty coffee... that totally changes my mind on those losers!
    sounds like you really have the place figured out, JONG
    get paid