$10 Off Credit to the Clymb for TGR Members

I talked to Todd about this and got the okay.

We just wanted to thank the members of TGR for your support throughout the year with a $10 credit to all new members to the Clymb.

http://www.theclymb.com/TGR-invite

This link will be good until the end of the year.

Also for current members our "Give 10, Get 10" promotion starts tomorrow. So you can invite friends and family using your link and they will get $10 (and you will get credits if they order anything).

Thanks for your support and have a happy holidays.

You're thanking the members of TGR who supported you throughout the year.

This presumes that those who supported you have signed up and bought stuff.

But you're thanking the people who have signed up and bought stuff by giving the $10 to people who haven't signed up....

...how about you give $20 to those of us who have signed up and referred people to buy gear from you site... that'd be a real thank you.

This must be joke... I think most people, if not everyone got $10 for signing up already...... no? I did...

Quote Originally Posted by GHSTRCN View Post
    This must be joke... I think most people, if not everyone got $10 for signing up already...... no? I did...
    uh, no. Unless it is a special promotion, most of the time when you sign up you don't automatically get a $10 credit. Hence the promotion.

Ship to Canada yet? *cough we've got mo'money and a better economy cough*
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Ship to Canada yet? *cough we've got mo'money and a better economy cough*
    We have been working on that and almost have that set up. It should be in the first quarter of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    You're thanking the members of TGR who supported you throughout the year.

This presumes that those who supported you have signed up and bought stuff.

But you're thanking the people who have signed up and bought stuff by giving the $10 to people who haven't signed up....

...how about you give $20 to those of us who have signed up and referred people to buy gear from you site... that'd be a real thank you.
    You mean on top of the credits we already have given you for people signing up and purchasing gear?

No I get what you are saying. Basically to give you the background on this we have a new feature where I can give a link with credits for new signups. As a company we didn't want to just send the link out anywhere we wanted to customize it and give it to communities that have supported us throughout the year. Nothing devious about it.

Then maybe the deceit comes from your thread title - "$10 Off Credit to the Clymb for TGR Members." I clicked this thread with the hope/expectation of finding a coupon code (maybe something like '10forTGR') that I could enter on my next purchase.

IMHO, (without the code, especially) this thread is nothing but spam, looking to advertise the Clymb on TGR. Wish my ad blocker would've kept me from clicking the link.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
    You mean on top of the credits we already have given you for people signing up and purchasing gear?
    We'll go ahead and call that a kickback.
    Not that I'm complaining

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    We'll go ahead and call that a kickback.
    Not that I'm complaining
    Kickback? I feel like I am a lobbyist in the government.

kevinp
    is there going to be any local pdx storefront set up? or a local pickup point to avoid shipping?
    just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    kevinp
    is there going to be any local pdx storefront set up? or a local pickup point to avoid shipping?
    just wondering...
    Storefront? Probably not. A local pickup point? We have been talking about it because it would be easier for you and for us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
    We have been working on that and almost have that set up. It should be in the first quarter of next year.

Wow, that's the same reply I heard 4 months ago -- except it was "ready by October"
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Wow, that's the same reply I heard 4 months ago -- except it was "ready by October"
    Believe me we are trying and thought it would be up quicker. The technology was done at that point it is everything around it that is slowing it up.

To give you a lot of background it isn't as easy as just shipping into Canada and making it happen. Some brands have different distributors up there and different agreements so each company we deal with has it's own rules, policies, and agreements about Canada. We are trying to set it up and believe we have the partnerships in place we need to move forward.

One of our co-founders is Canadian so it isn't like we are intentionally ignoring you guys.