Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2010/11

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Well at least it isn't a racist coastal swamp run by the irish mob and a bunch of drunken blue blood assholes like Boston is.
    No, it's a racist river swamp run by the Italian mob and the New Jersey B&T crowd. Not for this thread, but I witnessed far more overt discrimination and race-based slander during three years in Philly than I did in 25 years in Boston. I mean, mrw's from Philly, come on.

I don't think the Sox were ever interested in Blanton, I think they just told the Phillies they were- trying to create a market and knowing that moving Blanton would be a prerequisite to getting Lee done and out of the AL East.

As for the Phils- the only thing that stands between them and the World Series is that somewhat aged lineup. There are a lot of potential injuries waiting to happen there. But it really shouldn't matter.

Maybe if the Yankees fans didn't spit on Mrs. Cliff Lee he would be wearing pinstripes. ANd people say Phillies fans are scumbags.

The Twins signed Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka to a three-year deal on Friday. Nishioka, 26, hit a Pacific League best .346 in 2010 and posted career highs in on-base percentage (.423), slugging percentage (.482), doubles (32), and triples (8). He can play both shortstop and second base.
    Not to bad of a pickup for 9 million in these days of 100 million dollar contracts.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

No, but offensive numbers are usually high in the Japanese leagues. It's like the opposite of the South Atlantic ("Sally") League.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post

As for the Phils- the only thing that stands between them and the World Series is that somewhat aged lineup. There are a lot of potential injuries waiting to happen there. But it really shouldn't matter.

Oh, it might. Pitchers are fragile things. Two words: Carl Pavano

.....and, Halladay has been moody in recent times, and Lee's numbers the last post season basically sucked. Nothing is automatic.

Very true, but Japanese batting champion has to count for something. Pretty stoked on having a speedy middle infielder with .300 potential. In the past there has been lots of .250-.260 for Twins in the middle... or the entire infield sans Morneau. This pickup with Valencia coming on strong last season gives us some good hitting youth in the infield, interested to see how they fill the last hole.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

What an early Christmas present for Brewer fans. Greinke is coming to the Milwaukee Brewers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/z...ng-deal-121910

Just another reason to laugh at the Dodgers

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

omg I think I just threw up in my mouth

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^^^ dear lord...

you can hear the collective face palms all the way out in Colorado!!

edit: beat me to it Schralp

Speaking of Carl Pavano. I chuckled into my cereal this morning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/20/sp...1&ref=baseball

January 19, 2011
    Yankees’ Consideration of Carl Pavano Seemed Unthinkable
    By MARK VIERA
    As the Yankees continue to wait for Andy Pettitte to return or retire, they have searched for other starting pitchers who could bolster their undermanned rotation.

As it turns out, that search led to the most unlikeliest of candidates — the 35-year-old Carl Pavano, who became the subject of mockery during his four injury-filled seasons in the Bronx, a calamitous stint that cost the Yankees nearly $40 million.

General Manager Brian Cashman said Wednesday that he had made inquiries about Pavano, who was a free agent coming off a fine 17-11 season with Minnesota. That Cashman did so after all the aggravation Pavano caused the Yankees from 2005 to 2008 only underlines Cashman’s limited options as he tries to find more pitchers.

“I had several conversations,” Cashman said in reference to Pavano’s agent, Tom O’Connell. “I’ve looked at everything that’s out there. I’ve always felt Pav could pitch here.

“I don’t think he was afraid of coming back here, either,” Cashman added.

However, two people in baseball familiar with the Yankees’ stance on Pavano said that Cashman had offered him only a one-year deal, raising the question of just how serious Cashman was in reacquiring him. In the end, Pavano agreed on Wednesday to a two-year, $16.5 million contract to stay in Minnesota. False alarm, Yankee fans.

dear yankees
    a pox upon your house, and by a pox I mean Andruw Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    dear yankees
    interesting ... because in that same report the Dodgers are supposedly closing in on Marcus Thames ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

dear yankees
    Pffft...a year for a benchwarmer.

dear yankees

Jones was an a-hole a couple of years ago w/ the dodgers, but apparently was OK w/ chisox last year. 19 homers in less than 300 AB, only 33, and can play all three OF positions. Yankees need more right handed hitting. Will be a bench player, brought in to deal w/ lefties.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Andruw Jones with a 1-yr deal for $1.2 million as the 4th OF'er? I'm not sure how that can be a bad deal for any team.

Exactly.

Yeah, its amazing how bad your eyesight gets when you stop using the roids.

Formerly Rludes025

Holy DamMan,

Johnny D. and Manny to the Rays. Longo has to be on Cloud 9.

Rays to repeat in '11.
    Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
    and my head in the cool blue North
    - Jimmy Buffet (Nothin' but a breeze)

petite retires so the Yanks have
    CC, Hughes? then
    um
    Joba?

thats right you signed Colon..
    and i am forgetting about Bunett (no i'm not)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    at least they play in a pitcher's park in a division with no bats...

oh this is gonna be fun to watch

I'm going to hug Cliff Lee. Not that I hate the yankees but it's amazing how when he signed with the Phillies their entire offseason plan went straight into the shit can.

Good job boys.

Going to San Diego over Easter to see the Phils beat up on the Padres. Looks like it'll be the most affordable in California. If it all works out I may catch a game in Phoenix as well on my way to Mexico.

I'm sure everyone is now a Giants fan, sending tickets through the roof. Same thing happened in Philly after they won the World Fucking Championship. Last year i got tickets five rows up from the dugout for $45 apiece. I bet they go for over a hundred now. Too bad they play Oakland at home during inter-league. You can go to an A's for virtually nothing.

LA is gangland central and tickets are pricey because you have to sit low to avoid said gangbangers.

Quote Originally Posted by BucBanzai View Post
    Holy DamMan,

Johnny D. and Manny to the Rays. Longo has to be on Cloud 9.

Rays to repeat in '11.
    Repeat what? I must be missing some sarcasm or something.

The Sox, barring injury like last year, are going to take that division strongly. And not just saying that because I am a fan boy since I was 5 years old.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post

LA is gangland central and tickets are pricey because you have to sit low to avoid said gangbangers.
    Ur a Phillies fan and afraid of Chavez Ravine?
    sheeeyit son grow a pair and watch some baseball at one of the country's best parks

petite retires so the Yanks have
    CC, Hughes? then
    um
    Joba?

thats right you signed Colon..
    and i am forgetting about Bunett (no i'm not)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    at least they play in a pitcher's park in a division with no bats...

oh this is gonna be fun to watch

I forget...isn't Woodsy a Mets fan? How's that going for you?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.