Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think we need a CNY mini summit...

There are starting to be a lot of 315/607 folks on here, or at least we are all being more vocal.

Whether at one of the local bumps, bars, the Alpine, wherever, I think we need a mini-summit now that winter is full on upon us.

RolnT, Captain, Half-fast, a few others I'm spacing on, what do ya say to a min-summit of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

How bout a pub crawl next Wednesday in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    How bout a pub crawl next Wednesday in NYC?
    As much as I'd love to drink with your slyxdexic ass, thats like 4-5 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    There are starting to be a lot of 315/607 folks on here, or at least we are all being more vocal.

Whether at one of the local bumps, bars, the Alpine, wherever, I think we need a mini-summit now that winter is full on upon us.

RolnT, Captain, Half-fast, a few others I'm spacing on, what do ya say to a min-summit of some sort?
    Do you have a tentative plan? When/Where? I'm down to my last week of exams and projects (ends by Dec 17th). After that, I'm good until Jan 18th. As long as I'm somewhere on snow, I'm content.
    To those men who are born for mountains, the struggle can never end, until their lives end. To them it holds the very quintessence of living - the fiery core, after the lesser parts have been burned away.

Starve the ego, feed the soul.

No ideas yet, other than I think we should wait until after X-mas and maybe new years. Just thinking it would be fun to gather the CNY mags for any combination of beer/turns/shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    beer/turns/shenanigans.
    This is all I could think of when I saw that combination of words
    To those men who are born for mountains, the struggle can never end, until their lives end. To them it holds the very quintessence of living - the fiery core, after the lesser parts have been burned away.

^^Yeah thats pretty much exactly what I was going for^^

We need to Carpe the Diem, seize the carp!

tgr summits have historically involved skiing. just sayin'. I'm in for whatever-my weekends are pretty much shot through january..

My schedule is fucked for the near future (rest of my employment at XYZ) with me switching between 12 hour C shift and A everyweek, but I am in.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

I'm down. I'll be at Labrador most nights during the week(when they're open), and I'll be there every saturday and sunday that I'm not skiing somewhere else. I'll be there all this weekend, and I might head down there tonight to take a few runs and/or sit at the bar if it's open. If anyone's heading over there this weekend give me a call/text if you've got my number. If not, I'll be a dude with a red hat, blue patagonia shell, and dark navy pants(burton denim bc tj maxx had a pair dirt cheap and i like the idea of skiing in jeans).
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

I (obviously) can't make it, but I DO know an amazing little cliff/wind lip to session between Jamesville and Lab. You can seriously go 30' + if there is enough snow. It's at the top of a powerline cut...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I (obviously) can't make it, but I DO know an amazing little cliff/wind lip to session between Jamesville and Lab. You can seriously go 30' + if there is enough snow. It's at the top of a powerline cut...
    I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you're talking about.

I'll be at lab sunday. look for a 'troller on ntn telly gear. was there today, kind of disappointed in the amount of snow compared to here in the city. 18" w/no base on cutthroat, ptarmigan and no name. It was fun while it lasted.
    I'm always there monday nights, thurs. nights, sundays and whenever else I can get there.

rideit-I was checking out the powerline the other day, lots of brush has grown in, might need even more snow than we have now.

Well, I haven't hit that in over 20 years, so...

Bring out a chainsaw and weedwhacker next summer!
    Another funky short powshot:
    Hills above Green Lakes.
    One year we built a 1/4 pipe behind the old Wegman's out of wood and carpet...ghetto!

I want to know if the farmer on eager rd will let you cross his property to ski the powerline-a car up top, one down below...

Dude, it's not even a 15 minute bootpack...
    Now, if you got him to let you hook up one of his tractors, and make a rope tow, well...

probably a little more than 15mins w/40" of pow

I think that's what we got when I hit it hardest, 44" on top of a solid base. Took a while on the first lap, but the subsequent laps were easy, maybe 5-10 minutes. I remember my dog jumping off the cornice, trying to bite the tail of my board while dropping 20'.
    EPIC times.

I didn't realize so many people knew where this spot is!

It's still ain't no Drumlin's Golf Course...

ha, drumlins. I, like everyone else who teed off that hole for the first time (I heard they got rid of the astroturf) hit the club you'd hit for a 180 yd flat hole and hit it off the pretty blue roof of the building in the pic. Love Johnny's hot subs...

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Love Johnny's hot subs...
    And the sassy chick who runs the joint...

That dude who owns the ranch at the top of that powerline has a couple decent looking daughters

I didn't do anything tonight other than bring all my gear to labrador and stuff some more shit into my locker (and be surprised that none of my shit that i left in the locker the past 1.5 years didn't get stolen). Then I got drunk. I know a couple of you guys were thinking about hiking some shit and skiing some trees. Hope that worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    That dude who owns the ranch at the top of that powerline has a couple decent looking daughters

I didn't do anything tonight other than bring all my gear to labrador and stuff some more shit into my locker (and be surprised that none of my shit that i left in the locker the past 1.5 years didn't get stolen). Then I got drunk. I know a couple of you guys were thinking about hiking some shit and skiing some trees. Hope that worked out for you.
    just got back. Myself and RThunder went on a little cold and dark exploration of Tinker's Falls.

Not really that much skiing happened, but several gapetastic photos were taken of me, I have an incredibly pissed off Seniora Dumpy (who is actually normally very chill, not calling when at some place she considers dangerous at night will do that) and I still can't feel my left foot. All of that aside, a very fun night.

Made me realize- I need AT gear.

Oh yeah, my back pack now smells like stale PBR too!

Had a pretty solid weekend of skiing. First time on skis in about 20 months, so I'm a little sore today. Spent pretty much the whole day saturday and sunday at labrador. Really can't complain about the conditions, considering it was opening weekend. Rained a bit sunday but at least the snow was decent.

Sorry to poach the summit thread, but I'm gonna be in Caz next week, and was wondering if anyone would let me borrow a pair of rock skis for a day over there, hopefully something fattish and stiffish. Got beers for you if you do!

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    Sorry to poach the summit thread, but I'm gonna be in Caz next week, and was wondering if anyone would let me borrow a pair of rock skis for a day over there, hopefully something fattish and stiffish. Got beers for you if you do!

Thanks,
    Tom
    What date(s) are you thinking? They aren't exactly rock skis, but I have a pair of Nordica Hellcats mounted with XBI CT's that I don't use too often. Wouldn't mind letting you borrow them for a while. I'll be in and out of the area the next two weeks. Just let me know.