Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    This thread needs to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwisdontbounce View Post
    I demo'd a pair of these in Jackson Hole, and I NEED THEM. Plows through the choppy stuff and floats like butter on the nice powder. I am buying a pair as soon as I move out west.
    this is your first post, really?

Four pages of 'forum' and those who've ridden them could fill one page. Who the hell cares that they look like a horse cock? - you obviously didnt care your girlfriend looks like a mule. Now I gotta get off my fat ass and go ski them. Thanks a lot...
    Last edited by Winters; 12-06-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winters View Post
    Four pages of 'forum' and those who've ridden them could fill one page. Who the hell cares that they look like a horse cock? - you obviously didnt care your girlfriend looks like a mule. Put up or shutup please.
    This thread is more to make fun of them, and the dorks that ride them...how do you like your

Try to keep up JONG
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I figure I gotta come out swinging or I'll get raped in the showers - I'm JONG on the sphincternet.

I figure I gotta come out swinging or I'll get raped in the showers - I'm JONG on the sphincternet.
    You figured wrong. We're not Penn state.

It's best just to stfu and post naked pics of your sister/wife/mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Penn what?? I'm in Canada, we only watch pros play sports.
    I can't post their pics; they don't ski.

I demoed the BBR a K-mart last weekend in a 186. It was a free demo so I figured why the hell not. I was surprised by them. They look goofy but turned out to be a fun frontside ski. Short turning radius, damp, plenty compliant on hard snow despite the big rockered tips. I don't think I'd buy a pair it seems like a good one ski quiver for anyone encountered different types of snow everyday.

Some people may think they're for gapers (they kinda are) but they're worth a try.

I can't post their pics; they don't ski.
    We don't want to see pics of them skiing.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Funny-looking skis that ski great

Tried the BBR 8.9. It is hugely fun to ride.

I am on the mkt for a ski that I want to be a great powder ski and be enjoyable in the absence of hero snow and in the mixed bag we get in the PNW. I have done some demo'ing at Crystal, WA. I recently tried Icelantic Keepers and Shamans; today I tried the BBR 8.9 in the 176 length. The big caveat is that I had no significant pow in any of these demos, a big gap in the testing I did, but I will share what I did learn about all of these. Me: 5'8", 150lbs, expert big mountain, aggressive skier, 50% tele.

Salomon BBR 8.9:
    I pushed these very fast and very hard in a variety of conditions, excluding deep pow-- corduroy, hard pack, ice, small moguls, a few stashes of day old 4" soft snow, and crud. In the variety of conditions I took them through, they were incredible. Rock solid feel and terrain absorption, very good edge hold, very stable at high speed, yet easy to carve even at modest speed. Like driving a midsize performance car with world class suspension and AWD.

If I can get a favorable, reliable review or (better yet) demo them (and like them) in pow, I am definitely buying them.

YES, they look funny. It is easy to assume that they ski funny. They don't. If you are aggressive and like to keep forward pressure on your boots, these are a dream. I found no downsides during my demo.

My GUESS about how they behave in powder: Because of the very wide tip and some rocker combined with narrower (by today's standard) waist and tail, I expect that you can keep a more forward stance in pow and not submarine. But, you probably ski in the powder, rather than surf it like a lot of the newer super fat skis. This is a guess, though. I am anxious to test in pow to know for sure. Anyone know first hand how these do in pow?

Icelantics:

Keepers-- take deliberate effort to get up on edge (thanks to 119 underfoot) and do not carve well below mach speed, do carve at very high speeds, rock steady at any speed. Can't comment on their pow performance -- probably great based on shape and width, though they are stiff as hell.

Shamans-- with huge sidecut and enormously wide tips, they carve well. At 111 underfoot, they required much less effort to get up on edge than the stiffer, wider (underfoot) Keepers. But, they are softer and did not hold well on ice. Must be kept on edge or they get a bit squirrelly. Watch out on flat cat tracks where you do not need to turn.

^^^ I am trying to decide which I would be most embarrased showing up at the hill with, a "mid-sized performance car with world class suspension and AWD" or the Salomon BBR's.
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

To be quite completely honest, I don´t think these would be too bad for when my daughter gets her first pair of alpine skis. Can´t machschnell around on 27+ radius skis then, can I?

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLebowSKI View Post
    ^^^ I am trying to decide which I would be most embarrased showing up at the hill with, a "mid-sized performance car with world class suspension and AWD" or the Salomon BBR's.
    Midsize performance car sounds bad ass, like an STI. BBRs, on the other hand, do not.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    To be quite completely honest, I don´t think these would be too bad for when my daughter gets her first pair of alpine skis. Can´t machschnell around on 27+ radius skis then, can I?
    My renegades are actually pretty perfect for kid skiing. Could be a little shorter, but that's mitigated by the center-ish mount, and reverse camber means they pivot around no problem. Lots of sidecut/camber means pivoting will be more difficult, not less, and pivoting is what you'll be doing. I recommend a straighter ski with no or reverse camber.
    focus.

This ski should be called the "Bieber."
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^ I second that motion.

The Salomon BieBeR has a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This ski should be called the "Bieber."
    Haha. I think they already are. BBR...The Buttfucking Bieber Ride

Sent from my ADR6350 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    ^ I second that motion.

The Salomon BieBeR has a nice ring to it.
    This!

Sent from my ADR6350 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    Midsize performance car sounds bad ass, like an STI. BBRs, on the other hand, do not.
    I agree. My initial mind set when I read the post was more like a lowered 4 door BMW Xi with 20 inch wheels. Great for pimpin....not so much for driving to the ski hill.
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

BBRs are like gay sex, it feels great until you look down and realize what you're doing.

The gapers line up for these on demo day. I have seen some of the worst most akward skiing on BBR's.
    Training for Alpental

I am going to check these out at Target and get back to you guys

So, against my better judgement I skied these about a week ago.
    Conditions were a mix of 6 in of fresh on shit, some groomed, and some refrozen shitmcfuckme. I had fun on them. They are stupidly easy to ski in all of the above conditions, but don't expect great performance out of them. In the soft snow I was not hitting the hidden shit, and gave me the most float feeling ski out of the Vicik and experience 88 (which I was also skiing that day) The ski liked to make quick turns, and was easy to turn and change directions. Don't get any stupid ideas about skiing long aggressive turns or going straight.

One thing I really noticed was that ski did not finish a turn. It would pick it up really easy, and quickly accelerate, but would just keep going out, never coming back around. I would essentially do two half turns instead of one, if that makes sense.

It was fun to ski on, but totally fucking gay. If it was not so gay, I would probably get a pair for my dad, who is now old, has broken knees, doesn't ski much or very aggressively. I might still get him a pair and spray paint a new top sheet and ON3P logo on it, but scott would probably kill me.

Oh,
    I sold a pair to a gay dude this last fall, he thinks they are fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Oh,
    I sold a pair to a gay dude this last fall, he thinks they are fabulous.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that...
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season