Wanna play Doctor?? - Diagnose my knee injury

First off, i already have an appointment with my Ortho. Problem is i cant get in to see him until Weds Dec 15th. So in the meantime i am hoping the collective is going to help me figure out what i did and tell me it's not season ending.

So on to the details. Skiing this past Saturday on a firmish bumpy run i felt a sharp pain in my right knee. Pain was localized on the lateral side and more pronounced in the back of my knee. It was enough of a constant and significant pain that i headed straight for the bar and began icing it. After a few drinks and two 15min icing sessions i went back out to an easy blue groomer to see how it felt. Standing straight up on skis felt ok but when i tried to pressure and load my right ski when turning the pain was debilitating enough that it keep me from being able to effectively load and turn that ski. After that, the day was done and i went back to icing. There was/is some very slight swelling, only just noticeable on the lateral side of the knee cap. Full flexion is slightly compromised but i think this is mostly due to the slight swelling. Since then the knee has just flat out hurt. I've been regularly dosing with 600mg of ibuprofen and i especially notice the aching as i near the time to pop the next round of pills.

I blew the ACL on this same knee 2 years ago and had it repaired with a Hammy graft in June 09. While my knee didn't balloon up like many people's do back then, it certainly didn't present the same localized aching and dull omnipresent pain. I don't know if this difference has to do with the fact that it's been repaired once?

So do my symptoms sound familiar to anyone? I'm worried that i may have retorn the ACL but also wondering if i haven't dinged the lateral meniscus this time around? Any other ideas? You may not be a doctor in real life but feel free to play one on this internet chatbored

knee...pain...skis <---- those sound all too familiar. Your symtoms sound similar to mine except that I've got a lot of catching and clicking and popping going on. Are you experiencing any of this?

I hurt my right knee this past Saturday at St Anton. I'm going in for an MRI in an hour. It's either my meniscus or my patella. American health insurance may suck balls, but seeing as it's private insurance, it's gets you an appointment in Germany very quickly!