Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2012 Tecnica Bodacious Boot will change the sidecountry game forever

Tried this new boot on tonight and lets just say that its retardedly light, fits really well, and has a hike/skin mode that allows the boot to flex in a way that you could run in it. Cant wait to see the production version in a few months! They asked me not to take a picture. Sorry Guys.

Awesome! Three buckle or four?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

the 2 102mm width models have 3 and a huge strap that also has a buckle type closure. the 98mm shell model has 4 buckles if I remember right.

made by/for/ with lowa again?

I take it by your description of it as a sidecountry boot that it is relatively stiff and set up for DIN bindings (or at least it's possible to make it so)?

Hmmmm.... sounds promising, will be looking forward to the detailed info on it.

AT boots (or some sorta hybrid) might be on the menu in the future here at my household.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    made by/for/ with lowa again?
    No... Manufactured by Tecnica not a rebranded X-Alp by Lowa

what makes it better then the agent BC? (replaceable toe and heel, dynafit, 100mm, 120+ flex)
    that seemed to be a great option, wondering how to improve?

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    what makes it better then the agent BC? (replaceable toe and heel, dynafit, 100mm, 120+ flex)
    98mm last. At least, that's an improvement for me.

A lot could be better... PE Plastic that can actually be ground, 98 last,
    much improved walk/tour mode, DIN sole interchangeability. The Agent
    BC is decent but it's a bit of a bucket, and that 120 Flex might be a
    stretch.

I agree, I skied the Agent and thought the 120 flex was a stretch. I also swam in it with my skinny foot, I quickly got rid of them and have been looking for something narrow with not much luck.

They have both DIN and Vibram Soles, with Dynafit inserts. 3 different models and flexes. 110, 120, 130 if I remember right.

Made in Italy at the Tecnica Factory. The plastic felt like traditional ski boot plastic, not that AT boot crappy flimsy stuff.

The best part about this boot is the way it flexes when in touring/walking mode. You can literally run in them. No awkwardness.

Really hoping these make it midseason this year...

Just talked to my buddy who works at one of the local shops who got to see a little preview. Two "Big Mountain" boots. 98mm last 130 and 110 flex. No Cuff Mobility on these two but they do have interchangeable DIN and/or Tech Compatible soles. Four 100mm options (same external lower just a different internal plug) 120, 110, 100 and Women's 100 flexes. When locked in they flex and ski like an alpine boot but when the cuff is unlocked it has a large range of mobility. 3 buckle design with the power strap acting like a 4th buckle (looks really cool). He said they looked really cool. All except the 110 Flex "Big Mountain" boot would be using this new light plastic.

Anyone have any pics?

Uh, the Agent BC is 102 last, maybe thats why its so big.

So the 4 buckle models don't have a walk mode? Kinda badass...

Looks like the "booster strap" on the 3 buckle boots can be tightened with a buckle/latch mechanism. Same thing on the 4 buckle boots?

Also looks like 2 of the 5 are Dynafit compatible - I'm assuming the blocks are removable, but do the lower 3 boots in the picture also have interchangeable blocks to work with Dynafit? Maybe just the middle two?

The Technica 100 last fits me real well. I'm pretty stoked for to see these out there. I might have to look into a pair.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by willmtbike4food View Post
    Looks like the "booster strap" on the 3 buckle boots can be tightened with a buckle/latch mechanism. Same thing on the 4 buckle boots?

Also looks like 2 of the 5 are Dynafit compatible - I'm assuming the blocks are removable, but do the lower 3 boots in the picture also have interchangeable blocks to work with Dynafit? Maybe just the middle two?
    There are 3 boots (120, 110, 100 flex) that have a touring mode and two boots (130+ and 110) that have a fixed cuff. Two of the boots with ski/walk or tour mode have a cool power strap that has a buckle on it as well. You can really reef down on this to tighten it around the lower leg but at the same time it's really easy to release both the upper buckles and the powerstrap at the same time while touring to get maximum cuff mobility. The 120 flex (Cochise) comes with a tech compatable AT sole standard but the 110 (Bushwacker) and 100 (Crossfire) come with DIN soles.

The two boots that don't have cuff mobility: Bodacious (130 flex), Bonafide (110 flex) are just 4 buckle 98mm boots that you can put a tech compatable AT sole on. In europe the 130 flex will come with them stock but in the US they both have DIN soles. The 130 flex is also injected in really lightweight plastic. The concept for these came from Arne Backstrom. He was routering the soles off his 150 flex race boots and installing soles from a Factor so he could use a dynafit setup but still ski in stiff high performing boots.

All these boots in this line share the same external mold so they all use the same interchangeable sole design. Tech soles and DIN soles can be swapped out on any of them.

Interesting concept, putting the tech inserts on a boot with no touring mode...

No 98mm with a walk mode? That would have been so awesome...

Still intrigued by a dynafit version of my Inferno 130 (sounds like the Bodacious) but would have killed for a 98mm last walk-moded A/T boot (even in lesser flexes).
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

To go with the Bodacious, someone needs to make a trekker-like thing that clips into the tech toe inserts. jondrums, you got that?

the stiff boots (130 flex) are really stupid. The BD Factor has a stiff flex, tours reasonably well (for sure better than any foxed cuff boot could ever tour). So WTF is Tecnica thinking?

I think my Ghosts tour better than my Factors ever did. Plus the Technicas shouldn't self destruct like the BD garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    the stiff boots (130 flex) are really stupid. The BD Factor has a stiff flex, tours reasonably well (for sure better than any foxed cuff boot could ever tour). So WTF is Tecnica thinking?
    Yeah, I don't understand the market for a stiff, fixed-cuff, dynafit boot. I haven't seen people clamoring for that at all. Is there a market for these boots that I'm unaware of? I'm a huge JONG when it comes to BC related stuff, so maybe I'm wrong. But like I said, I don't recall reading about or hearing many people wishing for this.