Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flylow sizing

I found they run a little on the small size, I have the chemical pant and lab coat, the coat is an xxl, fits great for layering……

I guess I’m a moron. I can’t find their winter section anywhere in the menu of men’s or women’s in either my phone or computer. I see Trail, Water, Habitat.

Hmmm. Too bad for them. Between this thread indicating their sizing is weird and an inability to find anything on their site, the money burning a hole in my pocket will have to go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click on men’s and then there is an option for winter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8B9FE30-9AB4-4E3A-A224-BF4970DD7337.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	487.9 KB 
ID:	378888

See above

I think maybe their winter gear doesn’t populate the menu on their mobile site. I looked on my phone and no winter gear but on desktop it’s there. Bad code monkeys.

By golly, you’re right. I AM a moron. It is only my phone that winter doesn’t populate. Desktop is fine.

Hmmm. I think Flylow owes me a beer for identifying their code failures. Or maybe a sticker is cheaper to send to Japan.

I'll bump this back up because the sizing also confuses me.

Last year, or was it two years ago? I bought a Baker Bib. They're rad. However, I was given the misguided advice to size up, so I went with a large over a medium and they huge. LIke JNCO huge and tons of material around the waist. The prevailing wisdom at the time was to go big because the midsection was smaller. That's not the case, it seems.

So... how do the mediums fit? As they should? As someone with little-bit-longer-than-normal legs, do I go with the medium-tall?

Sure, I could order two different sizes, but why muck about with all that when I can talk about on the TRGz.

oh no. i wish i had seen this thread a few days ago. i just ordered a pair of XL bakers. i'm 6', 33" inseam, 36" waist. did i fuck up?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    oh no. i wish i had seen this thread a few days ago. i just ordered a pair of XL bakers. i'm 6', 33" inseam, 36" waist. did i fuck up?
    Depends. I suspect they'll be rather long on you. Do you like steezy-baggy look?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Depends. I suspect they'll be rather long on you. Do you like steezy-baggy look?
    Not particularly but I guess I’ll have to deal with it since I can’t return em.

swing your fucking sword.

Steal, I'm an inch shorter than you and I am squarely between the large and the xl. I think you end up having to choose between the waist feeling snug in the large, and the legs feeling big in the xl.

I have an XL pair in the mail - I think my current values are, "I don't care if it looks dumb, I want the comfort and ROM of the bigger size".

Last year, or was it two years ago? I bought a Baker Bib. They're rad. However, I was given the misguided advice to size up, so I went with a large over a medium and they huge. LIke JNCO huge and tons of material around the waist. The prevailing wisdom at the time was to go big because the midsection was smaller. That's not the case, it seems.

So... how do the mediums fit? As they should? As someone with little-bit-longer-than-normal legs, do I go with the medium-tall?

Sure, I could order two different sizes, but why muck about with all that when I can talk about on the TRGz.
    consider the medium tall
    (it may limit your color options, but seems like it might fit you better)

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Been interested in the Bakers for a while, too, but hesitant because of the sizing. I'm 6'3" with a 33" waist and 34" inseam and figured a large would do, but worried about them not being long enough. I hate high-water pants. I lucked out with some Patagonia Mixed Guides last season that are super long despite being a standard length. Would large Bakers work for me?

Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    Been interested in the Bakers for a while, too, but hesitant because of the sizing. I'm 6'3" with a 33" waist and 34" inseam and figured a large would do, but worried about them not being long enough. I hate high-water pants. I lucked out with some Patagonia Mixed Guides last season that are super long despite being a standard length. Would large Bakers work for me?
    Likely, especially if you can snag a pair in the long size.

I bought a pair of Large Firebird bibs. At 5’11 / 180lbs they are huge. Both too baggy and too long for me. I definitely should have gone for a Medium - I suspect that medium in Flylow is still roomier than anything else I own from Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, or Solomon. Construction seems bomber though.

If anyone wants them or wants to trade ‘em for a similar bib in a Medium I’ll let them go cheap.

PM me. I might be interested.