Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flylow sizing

Flylow sizing

Whats the fit like with the jackets ? I'm 5'9 190 lbs at the moment going down to the normal weight of 180 eventually. Size large good ?

depends on the jacket, but a large should fit in almost anything, other than the old kung fu jacket. then get an xl for that piece.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I was/am in the same quandry for a quantum jacket. i'm 5'9 anywhere fro 170 to 190.... medium fits perfectly if wearing it out and about were your only goal or you like a more snug fitting euro fit. the large will fit baggier, but better for layering and free skiing with some freedom all around...

mine should be here tomorrow, and will reevaluate then, but hopefully the large is not too preposterous.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Get a large.

5'8" 180, I got a medium but kinda wish I got a large.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Was looking at the puff and lab coat. I can't stand tight fitting shit but I also hate super baggy. Ill be wearing a thermal and a t shirt under it as thats my normal layers. Going to go with the large cause it seems Medium is going to make me feel like a fucking sausage. Thanks guys. After Christmas Ill come back with how it fits. Love Christmas

you def want a large. medium = too small/euro, xl would be jibber steez. i am 6'2'' 210lbs, and the xl is roomy on me.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

^^^Yup. Have the new BA Puffy in XL and at 6'3" 205 I have a lot or room. My Higgins is a little less roomy. Go with the Large.

My Quantum suprised me today. Thanks UPS!

It's definitely large. (5'8-5'9 probably round 180 now).

My usual layer is under armour base and north face thin midlayer, then I'll add a fleece or nano puff as needed. With the fleece on, I'd say it fits well, without, its a little big.... Love the quality, feel, look, just trying not to psyche myself into a medium.

I guess it's better to be a little bit big than a little bit small.... (that line works on so many levels...jackets, skis, other things )

anyway, love to here the feedback.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

So I got the puff for Christmas. Large is without a doubt the way to go for me. For reference I'm 5'9 bordering the 190 mark these days. Jacket is sweet to say the least but I can't understand why there is no powder skirt. Besides the obvious reasons for a powder skirt it also helps keep the wind out and should have been part of the jacket IMO. Not sure how it performs yet because I won't have a chance to use it until this weekend. Ill post again after.

i'm 6' ~180lbs and large fits really well on me for the quantum and the stash pants. the clyde fits great as well but definitely is more snug than the quantum. nota lot of room for layering underneath (for my intended uses its just what i want though, i.e. spring touring)

I can't stop looking at your avatar.

Found this thread looking for sizing beta on the Clyde. To add to it my experience with other jackets, as Marshal said, Kung Fu fits small. Actually, I think I have his orange Kung Fu and a blue one in XL. I wear large otherwise, including a Higgins Jacket this year. I am 6' 1" 200, although most of my weight is on the low end.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

I'm 180x82 and wear patagonia M and norrona L. My L quantum is a bit too large. Hope it helps.

fwiw

5'9.5" (yep I'm under six feet), long torso, 185#

Flylow Higgins Large

Only complaint is it is the neck is tight inhibiting comfortable layering at the neckline. I have a size 16-17 inch neck.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I am 5'9", 180 and dig a medium Quantum jacket. No problems putting a down vest underneath. The large was just too roomy. Totally dig the jacket, enjoy.

Do flylow jackets run big or small in sizing it seems like there arent big differences is sizing. Im inbetween a s and xs

I'm 5'8 175 looking at the Cobra jacket. Not sure whether to go M or L. Any recs or experiences with that jacket?

At 6-2 220, the XL jacket is too snug, and I can’t get the Baker bibs zipped up. The XXL jacket I’m almost swimming in, and the XXL Baker bibs I have to unzip the size zip to get off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m 6-5, 210 and wear an XL Quantum Pro
    The only sizing issue I have is the hood length, or maybe “height” is a better word. It goes over a Smith XL helmet, but is close to hanging the shoulders when it does.
    Sleeves are plenty long for me w/ a 36 sleeve
    Chest is voluminous for me but I’m a 42
    Butt length could be longer, but it’s close enough not to be weird at all

This jacket does breathe so consider that if it’s your only hard shell & wind is a thing near you. OTOH, the breathability works great for touring

I’ve got plenty of length in a LT Baker Bib (I’m 34 inseam)
    And plenty of thigh/butt space to move (36 waist)

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    I'm 5'8 175 looking at the Cobra jacket. Not sure whether to go M or L. Any recs or experiences with that jacket?
    5'7 have been pushing 190+ (but down into the 150s!) Medium Quantum had plenty of space for my fat ass. Not the same coat, but thinking company sizing runs relatively similar across models? I think you would likely swim in the L.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    5'7 have been pushing 190+ (but down into the 150s!) Medium Quantum had plenty of space for my fat ass. Not the same coat, but thinking company sizing runs relatively similar across models? I think you would likely swim in the L.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Will try out the Medium.

Does Flylow even make ski gear anymore. My visit to their site is all MTB and random clothes. Not a drop of anything skiing.

I’m honestly confused as to why you all are even talking about it.

I thought flylow was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Does Flylow even make ski gear anymore. My visit to their site is all MTB and random clothes. Not a drop of anything skiing.

I’m honestly confused as to why you all are even talking about it.

I thought flylow was dead.

Yeah.... it's summer in the northern hemisphere. So they are mostly selling summer clothes right now. Hover over either "men" or "women" and there's an entire section labeled "winter."

I got some Chemical pants for half price last year and I like them okay after a season of use, but I find the medium to be too snug in the waist (I'm a 34) but the large to be too big.