Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Flylow sizing

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    199
    I found they run a little on the small size, I have the chemical pant and lab coat, the coat is an xxl, fits great for layering……

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,701
    I guess Iím a moron. I canít find their winter section anywhere in the menu of menís or womenís in either my phone or computer. I see Trail, Water, Habitat.

    Hmmm. Too bad for them. Between this thread indicating their sizing is weird and an inability to find anything on their site, the money burning a hole in my pocket will have to go elsewhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    199
    Click on men’s and then there is an option for winter

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    199
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8B9FE30-9AB4-4E3A-A224-BF4970DD7337.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	487.9 KB 
ID:	378888

    See above

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    2,008
    I think maybe their winter gear doesnít populate the menu on their mobile site. I looked on my phone and no winter gear but on desktop itís there. Bad code monkeys.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,701
    By golly, youíre right. I AM a moron. It is only my phone that winter doesnít populate. Desktop is fine.

    Hmmm. I think Flylow owes me a beer for identifying their code failures. Or maybe a sticker is cheaper to send to Japan.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,794
    I'll bump this back up because the sizing also confuses me.

    Last year, or was it two years ago? I bought a Baker Bib. They're rad. However, I was given the misguided advice to size up, so I went with a large over a medium and they huge. LIke JNCO huge and tons of material around the waist. The prevailing wisdom at the time was to go big because the midsection was smaller. That's not the case, it seems.

    So... how do the mediums fit? As they should? As someone with little-bit-longer-than-normal legs, do I go with the medium-tall?

    Sure, I could order two different sizes, but why muck about with all that when I can talk about on the TRGz.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,803
    oh no. i wish i had seen this thread a few days ago. i just ordered a pair of XL bakers. i'm 6', 33" inseam, 36" waist. did i fuck up?
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    oh no. i wish i had seen this thread a few days ago. i just ordered a pair of XL bakers. i'm 6', 33" inseam, 36" waist. did i fuck up?
    Depends. I suspect they'll be rather long on you. Do you like steezy-baggy look?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Depends. I suspect they'll be rather long on you. Do you like steezy-baggy look?
    Not particularly but I guess Iíll have to deal with it since I canít return em.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    2,008
    Steal, I'm an inch shorter than you and I am squarely between the large and the xl. I think you end up having to choose between the waist feeling snug in the large, and the legs feeling big in the xl.

    I have an XL pair in the mail - I think my current values are, "I don't care if it looks dumb, I want the comfort and ROM of the bigger size".

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'll bump this back up because the sizing also confuses me.

    Last year, or was it two years ago? I bought a Baker Bib. They're rad. However, I was given the misguided advice to size up, so I went with a large over a medium and they huge. LIke JNCO huge and tons of material around the waist. The prevailing wisdom at the time was to go big because the midsection was smaller. That's not the case, it seems.

    So... how do the mediums fit? As they should? As someone with little-bit-longer-than-normal legs, do I go with the medium-tall?

    Sure, I could order two different sizes, but why muck about with all that when I can talk about on the TRGz.
    consider the medium tall
    (it may limit your color options, but seems like it might fit you better)

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'll bump this back up because the sizing also confuses me.

    Last year, or was it two years ago? I bought a Baker Bib. They're rad. However, I was given the misguided advice to size up, so I went with a large over a medium and they huge. LIke JNCO huge and tons of material around the waist. The prevailing wisdom at the time was to go big because the midsection was smaller. That's not the case, it seems.

    So... how do the mediums fit? As they should? As someone with little-bit-longer-than-normal legs, do I go with the medium-tall?

    Sure, I could order two different sizes, but why muck about with all that when I can talk about on the TRGz.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    oh no. i wish i had seen this thread a few days ago. i just ordered a pair of XL bakers. i'm 6', 33" inseam, 36" waist. did i fuck up?
    Been interested in the Bakers for a while, too, but hesitant because of the sizing. I'm 6'3" with a 33" waist and 34" inseam and figured a large would do, but worried about them not being long enough. I hate high-water pants. I lucked out with some Patagonia Mixed Guides last season that are super long despite being a standard length. Would large Bakers work for me?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    Been interested in the Bakers for a while, too, but hesitant because of the sizing. I'm 6'3" with a 33" waist and 34" inseam and figured a large would do, but worried about them not being long enough. I hate high-water pants. I lucked out with some Patagonia Mixed Guides last season that are super long despite being a standard length. Would large Bakers work for me?
    Likely, especially if you can snag a pair in the long size.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    197
    I bought a pair of Large Firebird bibs. At 5í11 / 180lbs they are huge. Both too baggy and too long for me. I definitely should have gone for a Medium - I suspect that medium in Flylow is still roomier than anything else I own from Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, or Solomon. Construction seems bomber though.

    If anyone wants them or wants to trade Ďem for a similar bib in a Medium Iíll let them go cheap.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    125
    PM me. I might be interested.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •