Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I make eggnog pretty much every day, sometimes twice a day. Most of the time I don't add the spices (nutmeg, allspice, and clove) and it ends up just being a super-rich smoothie. Here's my recipe, it requires a stick blender/immersion blender. If you don't have one just make it in a regular blender. This recipe only serves one person.

Crack 4-6 large eggs (from a farm, not the supermarket) into a 1 quart widemouth mason jar

Add a small banana or 2/3 large banana to the jar

Pour the milk (raw Jersey milk is ideal for various reasons, high butterfat being the most obvious) to fill the jar about 7/8 full

Blend right in the mason jar 15-20 seconds with the immersion blender

Guzzle the richness or drink some and cap it for later. You can add cream to make it even more rich.

To make real-ass eggnog just add fresh, ground nutmeg, allspice and clove. Go easy on the clove. Experiment with different amounts. At most health food stores in the spice section you can get fresh nutmeg seeds which you can grate fresh right into the jar or blender. Spike with rum if needed.

i'll be looking to drop 10 pounds by 12-24 and gain it all back in eggnog and pumpkin pie by 1-1-2011.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

We're in full-on holiday party season now, why isn't this on the first page? I found some pretty good eggnog at Whole Foods, adding Mount Gay rum momentarily.

Just had a Starbuck's Eggnog Latte with a healthy shot of Makers Mark. It was yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    worth a bump

Quote Originally Posted by Affix Snow View Post
    To Qoute Dave Attel:

"Egg NOG!? Who thought this UP!? Its like 'I Wanna get drunk, but I also want some PANCAKES!'"
    Truer words were never spoken.

I bought a half gallon of the nog yesterday. Cracked it open in the store. Couldn't wait.

The coconut milk nog is beyond amazing. Way better than Silk nogg for the lactotards and anyone who hates milk (like me).

Bobby Stainless Guest
    I've been Nogged up for about two weeks already.

It's been so warm in NH lately that I could feel it curdling mid gulp.

Trying the Nog + Craken Rum combo this weekend.
    if you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Store bought egg nog is not true egg nog. You should try making your own, it's easy and in a whole other league.

Eggnog Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network
    www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggnog-...

Ingredients

• 4 egg yolks
    • 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
    • 1 pint whole milk
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • 3 ounces bourbon
    • 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    • 4 egg whites*

Directions

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
    Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
    Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.
    Just made this. Was never too big a fan of storebought nog, but this shit is delicious.

I'm annoyed that there are multiple nog threads, by the way. There are more recipes in the other one, if memory serves....
    focus.

FUCK YEAH

Luv me some egg nog.
    watch out for snakes

This weekend was a pumpkin egg nog and spiced rum weekend.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

PSA: Avoid Garelick Farms egg nog like the plague. Got a carton of it the other day (usually get Hood) and could not believe just how bad it tastes.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Ive been using this recipe for the last couple years. Its delicious and gets smoother as it ages for a couple weeks.
    http://www.npr.org/2008/12/19/984998...ze?ft=1&f=1007
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

I could drink an f'ing gallon of egg nog. Had some the other day, it's tough to stop drinking the stuff.

Love the nog.
    However, it is hard to get the glass clean after drinking it. I actually have to do a full hot water soap wash to get it clean. Makes me wonder what it is doing to my arteries.

Fuck it,
    who cares,
    pass the nog please
    And the rum

Fun Holiday shot recipe -

Ingredients:
    1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (REAL maple syrup, fake shit will make you gag on this shot)
    Rum
    Egg Nog

Heat the maple syrup until very warm (but not hot enough to burn your mouth)
    Pour 1/3 of the shot glass with the warmed maple syrup
    Carefully pour in Rum on top of the syrup so that they remain separated. Leave a smidge of room at the top.
    Dribble some Egg Nog into the shot. Not much, three or four drops should do.

Oula! the "Kingdom Come" Shot

Do not allow "sipping" of this shot. It is all or nothing.
    The rum burns a bit on the way down but the warm maple syrup quickly follows soothing your throat and leaving a sweet taste in your mouth. The EggNog enhances the flavor and adds visual appeal

This shot has caused some serious hangovers at parties over the years.
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 10-27-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Having a glass of the nog right now. God I love this time of year!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I'm going to have to try it mixed with Cabin Fever this year. Bet that combo would be tasty as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Having a glass of the nog right now. God I love this time of year!
    Your most prompted me to make a stop on the way home and I'm having a glass too.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

SoCo nog and a bit of Crown, sprinkle with some nutmeg and I'll be happy.

BOOM! First cup o' nog of the season!

Bourbon and imported United Dairy Farmers' nog. Not too shabby. Where's the fucking tree?
    I still call it The Jake.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    DAMN you all. my mouth is watering just thinking about the cow crack. The local place that made the best eggnog i have ever tasted went bellyup and the owners are now under indictment for fraud. WTF is a man to do, go back to the over the counter supermarket stuff that just will never taste as good or should a man just live with the pleasant memory of what once was?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com