Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    SSD is dead to me now. DEAD.

I think I have a problem now. Egg nog addiction is very real. Why cant they sell this shit all year? They know we'd buy it... At least horizon is ultra pasteurized and will last a month or so after they stop selling it so I can buy a whole case the day it stops.
    There is no better drink to take for a night of skiing/camping than a nalgene filled with egg nog and bourbon. It doesn't freeze, and its got the nutrients to heal your muscles up for the next day of skiing, and will get you schnokered up enough to pass out quick while your tent flaps loudly in the wind. I better heal up soon enough to do this this year.

Can I freeze a carton of egg nog? How long would it last?

Think you can pan fry egg nog or is there not enough egg character?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    That's what I was sippin' last night... But I'm kind of digging the Silk Nog these days! I think it mixes better.
    This what happens to people that move to LA, take notice, don't let this man sway your dairy-committed nog-purist lifestyle. Mixes better......for shame!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Whatever, sluts- let's see some egg nog TRs out of you, then you can talk. As far as I know the closest you've come to a full-on nog session this winter is chasing strawberry Shake-Ups with Midori.

I'm more of a Nestle Quick (premixed) and Sour Apple Pucker guy myself.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

DAMN!

I can tell I've been off the Nog for a year. I made a rookie mistake tonight at the local United Dairy Farmers. I grabbed the "Holiday Nog" which was right next to the Egg Nog without even thinking. I get home and mix it up with some Mt. Gay rum and notice as I'm grinding nutmeg on top that my mix is a little thinner than normal. Looking at the bottle I realize my mistake and after this one I'm walking back up to the store for the real deal...

I still call it The Jake.

If you're in California
    =

Straus Cream Top Egg Nog
    A perennial seasonal favorite for the Holidays. Our egg nog is made from only organic ingredients and no emulsifiers or thickeners. Once you've tried it you'll never be able to drink that thick gooey egg nog again. It's absolutely delicious.

Available in:

Recycled Glass (quarts only)

Ingredients: Organic whole milk, organic cream, organic sugar, organic egg yolk, organic nutmeg.

http://www.strausfamilycreamery.com/...eam-Top%20Milk

what do you get when you add 3 shots of espresso, to 8 ounces egg nog?

Breakfast! Enjoy...(I certainly am)
    Last edited by couloirman; 12-04-2007 at 05:16 PM.

espresso & egg nog. nice. i like it.

Cosi has a very tasty Egg Nog latte. I'm enjoying one as we ... speak.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    So are we supposed to be adding rum or whiskey to our 'nog? And which is it, cinnamon or nutmeg?
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    If you're in California
    =

Straus Cream Top Egg Nog
    A perennial seasonal favorite for the Holidays. Our egg nog is made from only organic ingredients and no emulsifiers or thickeners. Once you've tried it you'll never be able to drink that thick gooey egg nog again. It's absolutely delicious.

Available in:

Recycled Glass (quarts only)

Ingredients: Organic whole milk, organic cream, organic sugar, organic egg yolk, organic nutmeg.

http://www.strausfamilycreamery.com/...eam-Top%20Milk
    Just got a bottle of that....so tasty mixed with some Brandy it's not even funny...

I see Organic Valley has Egg Nog. I'm gonna try it, I'll report back. Their milk seems to be better than other organic offerings, so I'll just assume their nog is better too.

I'm off the soy these days, but can attest to the goodness of soy nog.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Bump for Egg Nog season.

good call.... can't wait to drink some egg nog on thanksgiving
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    Better with eggnog, rum or whiskey?
    Run definitely, along side the mulded wine I'm heating up as we speak...

Bump it is! I've been pounding back the holiday nog for the last month or so. YESSSS!!!

Okay- so that was supposed to be rum. MG is drunk and headed to bed...

Happy Holidaze bitches.

Definitely nutmeg. For rum, def. St. James. for whisky, Bushmills "Black Bush" is nice.
    As for espresso and nog? Rather go with a dark roast - hoepfully double strength - and
    steamed egg nog for an Egg Nog-Au-Lait.
    ^^Pre-heat yoru mug with hot water, then dump it out. Sprinkle nutmeg all inside the mug (will stick to the sides now!)
    Steam up some egg nog on an espresso machine's wand (heat on the stove failing that), mix with coffee - you're set!
    Booze just makes it better.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?

trolling tag

dairy+liquor=nasty
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

^^Yeah, it's tough to handle more than one or two of these. Even if they are mudslides. And don't even THINK about drinking wine (especially red) after that. You will certainly die!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

In my Christmas stocking this year: Eggnog cupcakes with eggnog flavored frosting.

Incredibly yummy.

Store bought egg nog is not true egg nog. You should try making your own, it's easy and in a whole other league.

Eggnog Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network
    www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggnog-...

Ingredients

• 4 egg yolks
    • 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
    • 1 pint whole milk
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • 3 ounces bourbon
    • 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    • 4 egg whites*

Directions

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
    Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
    Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.

^^Thanks for the link, will try that this coming weekend.

Oh, and for coffee liquers, Kahlua Especial is A-1. http://www.drinkupny.com/v/vspfiles/photos/S0327-2.jpg