Hickory Ski Center Telemark Festival-February 12, 2011

Welcome Telemark Skiers to the 4th Annual Hickory TeleFest on Sat. Feb 12, 2011 located at the legendary Hickory Ski Center,in Warrensburg, NY. Hickory, established in 1948, rivals Mad River Glen as a popular telemark ski destination known for its terrain varied from beginner to rugged ungroomed natural terrain and awesome tree skiing. At this year’s Telefest, you’ll find marked trails and tree skiing during guided mountain tours. Free demos of the latest tele equipment coupled with tele clinics will fine tune your skills and provide beginners a try at telemark skiing. New this season is the “Tele Skin Challenge Race” where skins meet terrain for a challenging, backcountry climb and a downhill course to the finish. Watch the action on deck at the lodge or trailside or sign up to participate in this new event. The Tele gathering continues into the evening with an apres ski party featuring local brews, music and prize giveaways. Discount lodging is close by. Lift ticket and all telefestivities - $45 at the door (with a sno-dag card or $50 without). For Info – email HickoryMartha@aol.com or call 518-798-3962, www.hickoryskicenter.com.

I don't have a broken heel...I "FIXED" the problem, but that's irrelevant. My understanding of it was that hickory hasn't opened yet due to lack of snow. I'd love to get some turns in there, and I keep asking, but everyone keeps reporting back that they're closed. Has Hickory opened yet?
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Thanks to Hickory, i now ski Alta everyday! Hickory is the shit, any reason to go there is worth it!

Hickory is open for the season. Last weekend was the opening of poma 2. I skied knee deep off of poma 2 last Saturday. Hickory rocks.

Big snows coming, should be set up nicely for the Tele Fest. 12-24"...

Skied knee deep last Saturday. We are ready for the tele fest.

Bump. Tomorrow is going to rock. 30 degrees, 40% chance of more snow. Telemark party at Hickory. Be there.