Clik Elite Nature backpack - review

thought this would be helpfull to some people, as I wasnt able to read much or try it on before purchasing.

I bought this bag for general traveling, hiking, mountain biking and skiing. I have a Canon t1i with 3 lenses, 55-250, 12-24, 50mm 1.8 and the kit lens. I landed on the Clik Elite Nature as it seemed like one of the only camera backpacks with adjustable height, which was important to me being 6' 4" and planning on wearing it all day. So far I have used it for 3 day hikes, a couple short mountain bike rides, and almost daily for a 3 month trip in europe.

Clik Elite - nature

The bag is made very well, quality seams and materials. The zippers on the camera section have a decent seal and have loops to "lock" them in which is nice while traveling (especially in rome). It weighs quite a bit because of this, 4.2 lbs. (they now make a lighter version). They weight was pretty obvious, but I didnt mind it know that I was carrying some pretty pricy gear. The bag itself costs $250, which seems a bit steep to me, considering the price of most daypacks, but it was one of the only options that fit my needs.

The bag has a main central compartment, which is plenty big enough for day hikes, and for a couple of days of traveling. The lower section devoted to camera storage is rather large. I had no problem fitting my t1i with battery grip and 12-24 tokina, as well as 3 other lenses. Once I pick up a flash I think I could fit that as well. The lens dividers are very nice, as well as the main dividers. The stiffness around the lower section of the pack definitely inspires confidence and takes away some of the worry of swinging your bag and hitting things. The bag also comes with a rain cover which is stowed on the bottom of the bag.

The adjustable ladder fit uses a series of rungs and a velcro strap to connect the straps to the pack. While the connection lasted fine it is not the most solid connection, which is really one of my only complaints on the pack. The pack is relatively comfortable to wear, not as comfortable as a true day pack, lacking a true frame, but much more comfortable than most camera packs.

In the end it works great for carrying camera gear and having quick access to it. For more serious photographers with professional gear I would highly recommend this bag. For most, it seems that a true day pack with a camera and another lens in sleeves might make more sense, as you would have more room and it would weigh less. It seems that the newer pack addresses this issue.

thanks a lot for the review, i'm about to take a big trip and was wondering what this pack was actually like.
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.