Will Zzero C 4's drive Voile Drifters?

I was reading through the various Voile Drifter posts to get an idea of what people are skiing them with. I am mounting mine with Dynafits, which seems to be what a lot of people are doing, but couldn't really get a sense of what boots people are using with them.

I am taking them on a 6 day trip to Selkirk Mountain Lodge where 5000' of vertical per day is common. The Drifters are only several hundred grams heavier than what I toured on there last year and I was going to take my Radiums which are also several hundred grams heavier than my Zzero 4c's which I used last year. I felt that the Radiums would drive the bigger ski better, but I can not, after two seasons of boot fitting, stop the Radiums from causing blisters on longer tours, so they are out. I have Titans, but don't have much time on them, and they are several hundred grams heavier yet again than the Radiums, so I am concerned about the increasing weight as I don't want to go too much over what I had last year, which was comfortable. So, I am considering the Zzero's. They have driven a variety of skis with no problem, but nothing the size of the Drifters. The various boots also have a range of BSL which is a concern re mounting as well.

What boots are people using with Drifters? Anyone using Zzero 4's who could comment? Also, for those of you who have some time touring on them, am I crazy thinking of taking Drifters to a back country lodge where I will be logging a lot of vertical each day and summiting 8500' peaks? I know from last year, the skiing conditions would be perfect for them, ranging from consolidated boot deep to waist deep light fresh powder. The only real question marks are how will they be on the up, and what boots to drive them with, which will also tour well.
    Last edited by Wetdog; 11-27-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: grammar

I use my 182 drifter, dynafit, Zzero 4 set up for lots of touring, including a hut trip in BC last year that sounds similar to your trip. The set up is plenty light for 5000+ vert days unless you are out with a bunch of rando racers. I find the Zzero 4 is plenty of boot for the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwaskier View Post
    I use my 182 drifter, dynafit, Zzero 4 set up for lots of touring, including a hut trip in BC last year that sounds similar to your trip. The set up is plenty light for 5000+ vert days unless you are out with a bunch of rando racers. I find the Zzero 4 is plenty of boot for the ski.
    Thanks for your feedback, ccwaskier. That is what I was looking for.

my GF skis her drifters pretty hard, resort and BC, with a 3 buckle telemark boot.

I ski my Drifters with Dabello Virus's w/dynafits.
    Your Zzero4's will be plenty boot for them.
    Easy touring set up and regularly put in 5000 ft days on them.
    As long as there's going to be soft snow and no hardpack Drifters are a great powder touring rig.
    I don't use dynafit brakes on such a wide ski( although you can get them) and use a B&D leash system with breakable connections for avy. No brakes cuts down on weight as well.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Thanks for your replies everyone. That's the trouble planning with early season ski trips on new gear. It gets to be sort of guess work if you don't have an opportunity to try a combination out first. Your replies are encouraging. Zzeros it is! Cheers.