Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry FUCK UPS.... fuck them in their fucking face.

So we get this new douchebag driver. The old one never once left a package without someone signing for it. This new guy just leaves them on the steps OUTSIDE in the middle of the city. Well now 2 packages go missing while I am working. One a 70-200 f4L from a mag and a package of random shit from Amazon.

WTF? Who thinks that leaving a package outside an apartment building in the city at 10:41 AM is a good idea? Fuck, now I'm down a G between both shipments and they say "we'll get you fixed up". Yeah... How you gonna get me a deal on another lens? It's the fucking holidays now and nothing will be able to get resolved if I'm lucky by next week even though the Amazon shit was "next-day" which was a day late anyway.

That's it... I am never again using UPS and if that is a companies only shipping options I won't be bringing my business there either. People bitch about them all the time but continue to use them. Time to start showing how bad they suck with my wallet.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I am not sure how many threads you have started either lamenting a delivery service or supporting one, but its more than a few. I think you have problems with stupid delivery people, not stupid companies.

Well since you are starting a delivery company you best start taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    Well since you are starting a delivery company you best start taking notes.
    Agreed. If I get any prospective employee who used to work for UPS, I will show them the door and give em a huge fuck you from gameface.

When I ship UPS I have the option of selecting whether the package can be left without signing or if a person must sign for the goods. I most always leave the default of signature required, unless I know there is absolutely no value to the item at all, or if the person wanting the delivery made specifically states to not require (and not if it is any type of purchase that would come back to bite me in a dispute of what happened to the item.)

You need to tell your driver (and all that ship something to you also) and go on record that every package must be signed for- if nobody is ever home you have problems still; then you might as well just tell them to leave the package at the UPS depot or a UPS store if that is closer and you will have to drive there to get it each time you have something coming. If it is a random thing (ran an errand) and just missed the driver, then they will attempt up to 3 times for delivery before being returned to shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Agreed. If I get any prospective employee who used to work for UPS, I will show them the door and give em a huge fuck you from gameface.
    Sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    When I ship UPS I have the option of selecting whether the package can be left without signing or if a person must sign for the goods. I most always leave the default of signature required, unless I know there is absolutely no value to the item at all, or if the person wanting the delivery made specifically states to not require (and not if it is any type of purchase that would come back to bite me in a dispute of what happened to the item.)

You need to tell your driver (and all that ship something to you also) and go on record that every package must be signed for- if nobody is ever home you have problems still; then you might as well just tell them to leave the package at the UPS depot or a UPS store if that is closer and you will have to drive there to get it each time you have something coming. If it is a random thing (ran an errand) and just missed the driver, then they will attempt up to 3 times for delivery before being returned to shipper.
    Yeah I normally work from home so this is usually a non-issue. On the occasion that I do miss a delivery I make sure I am around about that time the next day to sign. Unfortunately I have been working remote the last 3 weeks. Figured since the packages were small I would come home to a missed tag and hop down to the depot on my bike the next town over and carry them home myself. Unfortunately the one time I miss them, the new driver just leaves the packages

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    FedEx kicks UPS's ass.
    Agreed. Unfortunately too many online services don't let you select which shipping service to use. I would use Fedex every time over any other if given the option. My Fedex guy kicks serious ass! He went out of his way to come back by my house once when I missed him because I had a couple packages and a long weekend was coming up and he knew I wouldn't want to be without them. First time I ever gave a non-furniture/food delivery drive a tip.

jgb@etree Guest
    It's always possible that the driver figured that since you're always home to sign for shit during the day, that you had stepped out and he was doing you a favor by leaving them behind instead of having to wait to get your stuff.

But then again... Leaving packages outside, in a city. That's just dumb.

I have the opposite problem. I love coming home and seeing my newest purchase sitting on my doorstep. I hate it when I have to wait a day or more for my goods after signing the slip. The absolute worst is having to sign in person, when I am usually at work. I work in the field so I cannot be sure I will be in the office to sign for it there. Obviously I do not live in a city where stuff is stolen frequently.

Our driver at work sucks. His normal drop off is 11am, I could track the package and see that it was "out for delivery" since 5:00am. I called UPS at 3:45pm and the get a hold of the driver and tell me that he will drop it off when he does his pickup at 4:00pm. Package arrives at 4:30.

This was time-critical parts for an assembly line. Our warehouse tells me the dumshit driver is always missing a package or two when he does the dropoff, but finds it somewhere in his truck by the end of the day.

I was so happy I got to stay late to put everything back together....
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

What normal person lives in city?

Quote Originally Posted by timnormandin View Post
    What normal person lives in city?
    I make my own schedule so I can take all the time off I want and still make 3 times what I can in a mountain town. So instead of sitting inside working on a ski film all summer and missing mountain biking, hiking, floating the snake, etc. I sit inside and edit other shit all summer while missing absolutely nothing. I'll still get close to as many days in this winter as I did living in Teton Village except this winter I will be able to chase storms. Gosh what a horrible life decision I have made.

I guess what it comes down to is different strokes for different folks.

When I ship UPS I have the option of selecting whether the package can be left without signing or if a person must sign for the goods. .
    Yep if the package is important than it needs to be signed for. Scimping on $5 is not a good stratagy to get expensive goods.

Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    I make my own schedule so I can take all the time off I want and still make 3 times what I can in a mountain town. So instead of sitting inside working on a ski film all summer and missing mountain biking, hiking, floating the snake, etc. I sit inside and edit other shit all summer while missing absolutely nothing. I'll still get close to as many days in this winter as I did living in Teton Village except this winter I will be able to chase storms. Gosh what a horrible life decision I have made.

I guess what it comes down to is different strokes for different folks.
    That's fucking fantastic. I'm suuuuper impressed with your life choices. Still, that doesn't mean I give a fuck that you got hosed by UPS. Pretty sure no one else does either. Next time you get fucked by some faceless corporation, write them a nasty email instead of bitching to strangers on the internet. I doubt they'll care either, but at least that strategy make sense, in theory.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    FedEx kicks UPS's ass.
    For skis thats true but other packages are different. Dimensions, weight, etc that doesn't always hold true sexy.

I always have issues with Fed Ex Ground. The Fed Ex Express is a little better, but their Ground really stinks. Maybe it is because they are independent drivers and not really FedEx. Examples- last week I sent an item out for repair. UPS Ground was 1 day to them (next state over). The company I dealt with gets the unit fixed and ship it out on Monday. Plus 1 for their fast turn around. They only ship Fed Ex ground though. I get the package that bounced through 3 states to get to me, and probably was in the truck going past me on the Interstate on Monday night to get a scan at their regional sorting facility. Arrived today for a day longer. Second example- my main supplier is in the same state- about 5 hour drive away. They must have gotten some "deal" from Fed Ex as that is their preferred carrier now. UPS ground is regularly 1 day hops from their warehouse as long as the order is in by 5:30 to the regional center, then to me like clockwork. Almost never have a lost or delayed package. However it is a higher shipping rate (1 or 2 percent usually) and I have to switch the preference to UPS on each order manually. If I call in for an order instead of doing it all on line and forget to mention that UPS is the one it then off it goes Fed Ex. Fed Ex is again most always 2 days even if the order goes out earlier than the warehouse cut off time. It bounces around again to another state then driven back to my state again.

Example of Fed Ex Air- they miss the delivery of an next day air package. Was sitting in the Memphis hub for over 24 hours and no weather issues. So day 2 they attempt to deliver. Driver hangs the tag of missed delivery on the door with a time that is within 1 minute or 2 of when I arrive and I take a few minutes to drive down the street and around the adjoining streets looking for the truck and do not find him hiding anywhere. I call to see if a redelivery could happen yet that same day or if they could give me some time frame that I could maybe drive and meet the truck say at lunch or whatever- told no that the driver may not be able to be reached at all (like I am going to believe that line of not being able to reach a truck) and I'd have to drive over to the local depot (20 minutes each way) after 5:30 PM that night when the driver and truck will be back is the only way I would be able to get the package that day. Otherwise they could attempt redelivery on day #3. Took quite the discussion on how they already screwed up at the sorting center and I'd be willing to drive to get it somewhere on the route earlier but I would probably just reorder the item if they could not fix their original screw up of not even meeting the 1 day delivery promise and have the driver spend 5 minutes and drive back to me since his tag stated he was just here attempting a delivery a few minutes ago.

jgb@etree Guest
    I shipped a car headunit out from CT to MA last Friday @ 4:00pm via FedEx ground. Cost me about $9 and was delivered the next day - a saturday - at 2:30pm. Funny thing is I meant to ship it UPS. Guess I was just a little too stoned and pulled into FedEx/Kinkos by mistake.

I always have issues with Fed Ex Ground. The Fed Ex Express is a little better, but their Ground really stinks. Maybe it is because they are independent drivers and not really FedEx. .
    I've heard alot of people say that they have trouble with Fedex ground but I've never had any in a workplace environment. In fact, if you're sending something fairly close, fedex ground gets it there in a day just like express except without the cost.

Never had any trouble with Fedex Express either.

Could be lucky but Fedex has always delivered before or on the date needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    I've heard alot of people say that they have trouble with Fedex ground but I've never had any in a workplace environment. In fact, if you're sending something fairly close, fedex ground gets it there in a day just like express except without the cost.

Never had any trouble with Fedex Express either.

Could be lucky but Fedex has always delivered before or on the date needed.
    What is your definition of "fairly close" - Both the ones I quote are less than 300 miles (one was all of 150 miles). Heck I had a standard Trucking company get a 150 pound box on a skid further away than that show up today with the item picked up yesterday.

I've also traced FedEx ground packages where it gets to my city a day early and the driver lets it sit at the local depot instead of delivering it a day earlier than it was promised.

haters gonna hate
    holy fucking shitballs

Thats nothing, they left it at the right address right?

I had a driver leave a package at some random ass location, seriously, I checked the tracking info, it listed my address as the proper destination, but then as the destination it was actually left at? Not even an address, just a fucking intersection thats about 3 miles from my house. Luckily, BC.com took care of me, but UPS sure didnt. The driver had the nerve to drop off some form a couple months later, that I was suppose to sign, to say I got the package, to ensure he didnt get in trouble. Fuck that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

^We will see. Wrong address is what I initially thought. I went 3 blocks in both directions checking all the brownstones to see if this guy was just an idiot to no avail as of now. UPS said they are going to start an investigation to see whats up and hopefully they will find it elsewhere as the merch is really what I want.

What is your definition of "fairly close" - Both the ones I quote are less than 300 miles (one was all of 150 miles). Heck I had a standard Trucking company get a 150 pound box on a skid further away than that show up today with the item picked up yesterday.

I've also traced FedEx ground packages where it gets to my city a day early and the driver lets it sit at the local depot instead of delivering it a day earlier than it was promised.
    I would say 200 miles around here. Sure you didn't pay for even 3-day express saver but 9 times out of 10 my package gets there via ground the next day. If you ship ground and it sits there then there's nothing to worry about cause you'll get it the next day.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    bump for this thread.

Just won a pair of boots off ebay, check UPS to see that they were delivered today and "Left with Man." Problem is the power was out when UPS tried to deliver so I didn't hear the buzzer and I have no idea who they left the package with. Checked both stores next to my apt as well as my downstairs neighbors. Called UPS and they have no idea what address the package was left at. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I'm just hoping whoever signed for it doesn't fit into a 27.5 ski boot. might have to choke a bitch tomorrow if this doesn't get resolved.

Name:  FC8781A2-318B-4C5E-B959-9AEC64596DA7.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  523.0 KB
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 10-16-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Fixed dead image file