Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    FedEx kicks UPS's ass.
    Agreed.......UPS takes 2 days extra for everything.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I kinda like the UPS. I don't live in the city and my dogs get cookies.

I thought this thread's title was "Fuck up's"
    Terje was right.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    here's a little update:

So managed to track down the driver and it's a shit storm. Basically during the holiday season UPS hires seasonal helpers. Helpers do normal drop offs just like the driver. The driver tells me he remembers my package and he gave it to the helper along with four other packages. Talk to the helper and he has no idea where he left the package. I couldn't believe it. My only chance right now is to ring the buzzer's of my neighbors and hope that they have my package. So pissed off right now. Apparently this helper has a history of fucking shit up.

Fedex sucks just as hard.

Nah...it's the driver, not the company. Shitty, lazy driver, similar service.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I lost a day of work in the field this week because UPS left a package in their warehouse and failed to deliver it (1 of 6).

When i called they said it would be there by COB. At COB i called back and they said it was left behind and would be there the next day before 7 pm. It was literally 3 miles from where i was- but they wouldnt let me pick it up because their policy is they have to attempt delivery before a customer can pick it up.

I told they did attempt and failed - now i would like to take care of it- no dice.

Thanks UPS- because of your fuck up - my schedule slipped and there is a very real chance i will be in the central valley during christmas week.
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Fed-Ex delivered a pair of skis I was waitin for to the next town over to a similar road name and a similar addy. The old people who were the recipients were a day away from using them to stake up their tomatoes. I found them myself, Fed-Ex was of no help.

This is how they do in Boston...

Do they still have stores in your city? Try one of those. Then you don't have to worry about what UPS does to your shit.

^I shouldn't have to. It's the service they offer, delivering it from point A to point B safely. I shouldn't have to go out of my way because they are too incompetent to do their job correctly.

Some of these UPS stores are franchised, so the people that work in them are really not full UPS employees. So no guarantee that it in fact was a UPS employee, unless the store is company owned.

And yet earlier you and others said to just use the UPS store so I didn't have to deal with stolen shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    And yet earlier you and others said to just use the UPS store so I didn't have to deal with stolen shit.
    I rarely use a store -except for dropping off packages for the driver if I have something going out. The one 1/2 block from here is a Franchise and they charge much higher than the going rate online for them to ship it. For every stolen item from UPS, I would bet there are could easily be stories of FedEX Office (the old Kinkos) stores or FedEx drivers not handling the packages. What did the UPS claims department have to say if you filed a claim for stolen merchandise? If they have a scan that the package was accepted then the manager of the store certainly should be concerned if there are items getting opened and have some liability.

Heck read all about the USPS carriers that do not deliver mail- letting it stack up in their house or dumping it. That is a federal offense not just minor thief of merchandise. Stories like this are as old as the days of the Pony Express probably.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    some rando dropped off my boots, no idea where she lived.

^You're lucky. Called UPS again today and they still won't give me a fucking answer. It's always "we can only discuss with the person who shipped the item". Motherfuckers. Once this gets resolved I am never dealing with UPS again.

I have seen cars following around UPS trucks and Fedex trucks this year. They pass by every stop and snag what ever UPS leaves. I had to yell at and throw rocks at one stupid bitch at my house last week. Bitch walked up on my new shit sitting on the porch.
    Terje was right.

So I order some stuff from Sierra Trading Post, originally sent from their Wyoming warehouse I presume. The final destination is here in North Lake Tahoe.
    I check the UPS tracking page and it shows the package was checked in in Commerce City, CO yesterday and then shipped to Louisville, KY where it will spend the rest of the weekend.
    A quick look at Google maps shows that my package just traveled 1100 miles in the wrong & completely opposite direction.
    A slightly amusing yet wholly unsatisfying talk with a clueless UPS customer service agent predictably yielded no useful information unless I am to believe that EVERY package sent within the US is first routed through Louisville for "sorting". Ship a package from SF-->LA? It goes through Louisville. SEA-->SLC? Louisville first.
    I couldn't make this stuff up.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Hub and spoke. Usually just express packages though. They do try to expedite during the holidays.

FedEx does the same thing. Don't try to figure it out - it defies logic.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by timnormandin View Post
    What normal person lives in city?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If you live in The City, your list of frustrations will be legion. And before you know it, you will suffer from neurosis. Move to a ski town. Now. Merry Christmas.

Edit:....and so observant I am. This thread is from 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    FedEx does the same thing. Don't try to figure it out - it defies logic.
    Fed Ex basically built their business on the single hub to route all packages through. Usually Works until that single hub has an issue like major weather or something.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I thought this thread's title was "Fuck up's"
    quoted for further proof of the incredible intelligence of DasCunt

I found a UPS package in the middle of the street in Phoenix that was supposed to be in New York the day before I found it (rush, super express, overnight, etc on the box). It was on a LA-NYC run and not sure how it got to the street in Phx. I called UPS and told them that they could pick up the package where I was staying and get it to it's owner and they never showed up. Called the company that was supposed to receive the package and told them how I found their package and that UPS wasn't coming to get it.

From this one experience, I would avoid using them. In addition, they soak you with brokerage fees just for bring shit across the border on your behalf. No thank you.