Steamboat condo help needed

Planning on taking the family to Steamboat in March. Need recommendations on condos to look at or to stay away from.

With smaller kids, would like it close enough to be able to stop at the condo during the day. Ski in/out not necessary, but don't want to carry them, plus their gear for a mile.

I saw good deals on a few lookers right of the gondola. Ski Trail and a few others.

We will have a car, so driving to food and other option are not a problem, just trying to find something close enough to drop the kids off and still allow me to hit the upper slopes.

Fuck the griz go Cats!
    JONG
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by DeeAre View Post
    Fuck the griz go Cats!
    JONG
    Positive side of the Griz pissing down their leg this year is that I'm planning ski trips. First time in 17 or 18 years that we know what it will be like to be a Cat and out of the playoffs.

Grew up in Three Forks, so I'll still root for the Cats, just now very loud.

Check the Steamboat Grand right across the street from the base....nice place and right at the hill.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Lots of options. What is your nightly budget?

If cost is no concern, then ^^^ the Grand is fantastic.

We stayed at "The Rockies" which is on the shuttle stop, but near enough to walk if need be. Cheapest descent option I found when I was there a couple years ago.

I wasn't overly impressed by the 'boat, but if want want a really nice
    Meal (pricey, but not over the top expensive) go to Antares, it is one of the best meals I have had.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Try the Wyndham, i've always gotten good deals through creeplist

The Grand seemed high to me. Most of the stuff that I've priced is running around $225-$250 a night for 1 bedroom. This is spring break week so that might be a normal high amount.

I've never been to Steamboat, so if there are more things to do (shopping/eating) closer to the Grand, then that might we worth it.

Looking at the map are most of the condos to lookers left and right of the Gondola; ski-in/ski-out?

Pretty much anywhere Looker left or right is going to be ski in/out at steamboat. I think the Torium Plum is probably one of the closest ones to the gondy.

Thanks for the tips. I got on the phone with Steamboat Resorts (different than Steamboat central reservations). Found a screaming deal on 6nights in a 2bedroom and 5 days of skiing for 2adults for around $2300. My 2 kids under 12 will ski free.

Condo is called First Tracks and its in the same area as the Trailhead Lodge. Not as nice as the Trailhead, but you share the pools, etc with them (just more walking). Gondola to the base area from First Tracks.

Not an ad for this place, but info for a future search on the same topic.