Requesting topics for Doug Ammons....

I'm looking for questions for Doug Ammons....

Whitewater explorer and author, Doug Ammons, has agreed to sit down for an interview for the 'In Between Swims' podcast in the next few weeks. (He'll be coming through DC in early December to speak here and in Harper's Ferry.) While there's plenty I can talk with him about, I want to solicit questions and conversation items from the larger boating community. I did this last year with EJ (http://inbetweenswims.libsyn.com/a_conv ... ic_jackson) and got several great suggestions that were used on the show.

This time, it's Doug Ammons turn. Have a question about running the Stikine solo? The Amazon? Maybe an item from 'Whitewater Philosophy' or "The Laugh of the Water Nymph?" Or his views on current paddling culture? This is a great opportunity to get feedback from one of the definitive paddlers in our sport.

Drop me a note at inbetweenswims@yahoo or post here - and let me know what you'd like to hear Ammons speak about.....

Thanks for listening....

~jeffmc

great idea ibs,

I would like to hear doug talk more about his mexico trips and his solo stikine trip. As you know, Doug see's moving water as the perfect metaphor for the "fools journey" and as such, I would like to hear about how he uses his on-the-water experiences to assist the people he works with as a professional psychologist. Doug has done some amazing rivers around the world, I would like to know what rivers are on his "bucket list" or "one that got away" list. I would like to hear him talk about his experience in getting his books published and what writing projects he is working on now. He is a great story-teller I am sure you won't have any difficulty getting a productive discussion going.

BA

Thanks Barry - Stikine is def on the top of the conversation list. Asking him about a 'bucket list' is interesting - Might be a nice segue-way into what's happening in the sport, expedition-wise, today.

As I understand it, his next writing project is on his solo Stikine run. I'll def ask....

~jeffmc