Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Overlook into Superior.

absolutely need some new lenses, Argentina ski trip this summer goggles took a beating. Great to get sunglasses because am shooting daily won't be wearing goggles unless riding, help I promise I'll take better pics with Smith Optics!

Early Season Tuesday in Vail

I spend all day skiing with snowboarders and want to look good while I am waiting for them at every lift.

Sparkles!!

do you know why i should win? Because you wish you were the guy in my photo. And if I win, I might take you with me next time. Soft light and soft snow, its a special place north of Narnia.

BuzzMug

I should win the new gear as I CLEARLY could not go to Antartica in this color ensamble, I mean, black and white was SO 2009. Plus I am really good looking and photogenic.

Top of the Wall

I am a smith optics guy. I have worn Smith sunglasses everywhere from the top of Mt. Dana in Yosemite National Park to Glacier Argentiere in France.

Early season on the flanks of Mt. Baker, Coleman Glacier.

There's nothing more important than being able to see! Living in the Cascades means constant visibility changes, generally from bad to worse. It'd be great to have a high quality vis kit from Smith to help me through those flat light, rain drenched winter days and blistering sunshine glacier travel days like the one seen in the photo above.

bald knob skiing

great day after 6inches of snow during our hut trip.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    thanks for all the great entries everyone, glad to see so many people have had a great start to the season so far. We will be selecting a winner next week, then start up the next contest that should be pretty hilarious. Chris Davenport was in Ketchum last night showing his movie from Antarctica. Unbelievable! Check out this trailer to get a better idea of what is up for grabs here with the Grand Prize for this contest.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9025595"]Australis: An Antarctic Ski Odyssey on Vimeo[/ame]
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Not a bad first day of the season. (Nov. 30, 2010)

Love Smith. Love skiing. I would love to do a ski tour in Antarctica.

November touring in Squamish

I should win this contest because since I was 10 my whole life has revolved around skiing, and I have participated in every part of it from racing to speed skiing, to touring, skiing pow and teaching kids how to hit jumps. I love skiing!!

End 'o the day

These are the days I live for. This photo comes from the end of a dawn to dusk session near the Ben Eiseman hut in Colorado's Gore Range on November 27, 2010. Bell to bell was filled with smiles, deep turns, high fives, and culminated with an alpenglow-lit run back to the hut with just me and my friend pictured here. I already count on Smith to fuel these days and would love to keep that going through this contest. Cheers!

Bobby Banks Skiing in Michigan

I really like smith gear an I don't own a helmet yet so I figure I would give it a shot. I also figure I should represent the Midwest.

Working hard at Crystal

Photo was taken this November during avalanche control work at Crystal Mountain. What better time to snap a helmet on then when carrying high explosives in avalanche terrain. In this shot Kim Kircher is already rocking the Smith helmet and goggles. The person behind the lens should probably do the same.

summiting mt Bradley

This is a peak just off of the Murchitson Glacier. We had an epic 10 day trip in Tazmen, Murchitson, and Ida Glaciers in New Zealand. !0 days 8 peaks some of them twice!

Skin it To Win IT

Standing in a hole while we remove our skins for the best November descent we have ever had. Unreal amounts of snow for this year!

Mt. Baker first pre-season invert

Not being one for helmets, I found some rocks yesterday (12/19/10) with my head on a janky cliff chute, hence the reason why I'm typing this and not on the hill currently. I hope that I can snag some protection, so as next time i'm not having a day off to clear out the cob-webs.

Unregistered Guest
    First snow shoe experience

Notice that I am not wearing a Smith googles, helmet, or sunglasses kit...I am at Grover Hot Springs, CA ...near Kirkwood Meadows, CA..Since I am still smiling, there must be booze left...You might say I'm in "good spirits"...It is a most pleasant day..even if i am not doing inverted ski tricks !...Ended up buying a season pass for Heavenly the following day...

Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post
    Working hard at Crystal

Photo was taken this November during avalanche control work at Crystal Mountain. What better time to snap a helmet on then when carrying high explosives in avalanche terrain. In this shot Kim Kircher is already rocking the Smith helmet and goggles. The person behind the lens should probably do the same.

oh HELL yeah!

Even if you don't win I now owe you a beer, as that there is a fkna facefull with a pack full of boom. Does it get any more badass?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First snow shoe experience

Wait a sec... Is that TedSki's uncle?!??????!!?!?

Props for the off-the-grid lurk post!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Cardiac Wave

Winters in Utah start as abruptly as a NASCAR flag drop. It was still dark when Ian Provo and I began punching trail up through knee-deep fluff where there’d been only bare ground a day before. Thousands of feet of trail breaking later we perched on Mt Superior where our ski tips and tails hung off opposite sides of the summit fin. Storm clouds gave way to sunshine while we switched to downhill mode for the first turns of the season. Floating down the narrow chutes and into the empty bowl below we whooped loudly because, well, why not?

Entering a happy place on November 22nd, 2010

When it's waist-plus deep and you're on skis 130mm+ under foot, you know it's a good day. Skier and photographer ski relentlessly and rep the Smith goggles. Teton Pass, 11/22/2010. [Higher rez available.]

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    The November to Remember contest is now officially over. Our crack team of judges (me and Rev) have gone through the entries and have declared a winner. Congrats to The Gnarwhale for his epic shot on Mt Superior. Check out the runner ups here
    [ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209341"]Winner of Smith Optics November to Remember contest thread - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

This is the official start of the "Invasion of the Gapers" contest, so start posting up pics of folks Keeping it Real in whatever outfits they can pull together. for more info check out the contest homepage http://www.tetongravity.com/contests/smith/
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Keeping it Daniel Boone Real.

This guy has a full leather outerwear kit, and a wolf pelt full face hat on. Amazing. I have video too.

End of contest, win right here.

Unregistered Guest
    Free(s)ki Indian

did you ever seen an Indian skiing pow...;-) I do....

Jean Claude Champoux

Two for one special.